Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Know The Exact DOW High.How Do I Profit Most Effectively?

I Know The Exact DOW High.How Do I Profit Most Effectively?

Any answers welcome

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well , when it gets there, sell .

I'll be blunt;

No, you don't.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Why don't you go post it so we can compare post-hoc once the crash comes. (Nobody is going to take your word for it anyway so this is just a test of whether you've got your head stuck up your ass or not.)

Also, the way to make money on a crash or bear market is to SHORT.

Pick individual assets and short the piss out of them.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    Any answers welcome
    How did you calculate the High ?

Any answers welcome
    Long on the way up to the high, short on the way down, cover in the bounce.

Doesn't matter if you don't know when.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any answers welcome
    You may be able to save some in taxes if you take some of your profits and make gifts to us here on the Ron Paul Forums.

A few years ago , I figured it would get to 14 , dive , spend the next four years getting back to 13 .Making money off of my guess ? that is different , I have no faith in it , I would be better off giving my Buddy $200 and have him hit the Blackjack table for me while I have a couple beers. I bought some Ford & GM near the bottom , felt like playing one hand of poker to me . Fixed one of my Daughters up with some General Dynamics at bottom , figured that was a safe bet ... it is all a crap shoot in the end , you just have to try and use commom sense & logic. Right now , I would try and think about anything you can that may be sort of recession proof .Or , just stay out ...

Things that come to mind to me now, may be utilties, farm land , agriculure , agriculture rail freight.....

I can't say anymore or I cause myself problems.I have roughly 65% of my wealth in houses,25% cash,10% PMs.I was thinking of shorting housing with my spread betting company (I'm British) but maybe you people have thought of something I haven't.Some of the more financially literate among you might be able to say: Do this and this and that etc.
    Last edited by S.Shorland; 02-24-2013 at 04:44 AM.

I can't say anymore or I cause myself problems.I have roughly 65% of my wealth in houses,25% cash,10% PMs.I was thinking of shorting housing with my spread betting company (I'm British) but maybe you people have thought of something I haven't.You have to 'rollover' your spreadbets but I will take the most long dated contract they have.Some of the more financially literate among you might be able to say: Do this and this and that etc.
    If you know the exact numbers- options are the most profitable. And setting automatic sales at certain numbers(sell at 400 buy at etc.) will be a good setup for stocks.

Convince other people that you know it, start a fund, get lots of people to contribute, charge like 2%, become famous after you perfectly play the market, everyone flocks to your funds, billionaire over night.

there is no ceiling to a price.
    the more money Uncle Ben hands out to his buddies, the higher they will bid the prices.
    DOW to infinity and beyond!!!!!!!!!!
    while the country lies in a wasteland.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Sell everything and buy PMs?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Assuming you had no margin requirements, you sell unlimited calls on the strikes above the high.

Assuming you didn't, you buy puts at or just below the high.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Some of the more financially literate among you might be able to say: Do this and this and that etc.
    The financially literate among us think that you are placing a poor bet against the Federal Reserve's proven willingness to directly support the stock market index for PR purposes. There will be a crash, eventually, but not as long as the massive artificial supports are in place.

Nobody knows exactly what the DOW will do and when. Many who thought they did have lost money. (as a check, try to apply your theory to past history and see if they match up but also be aware that things never repeat exactly).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Nobody knows exactly what the DOW will do and when. Many who thought they did have lost money. (as a check, try to apply your theory to past history and see if they match up but also be aware that things never repeat exactly).
    Even if I could do that, I would have little faith in it .... the future will be different.

My God... it was YOU that stole my Delorean!

Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I know the exact DOW low
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    My God... it was YOU that stole my Delorean!
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

My best buddy was saving for one in 81, talked about it all the time over beers,lol , he has been driving German brands since the late 80's.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thinking back , I am a little insulted , I dropped him off for work in my '57 Chevy.....

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thinking back , I am a little insulted , I dropped him off for work in my '57 Chevy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My best buddy was saving for one in 81, talked about it all the time over beers,lol , he has been driving German brands since the late 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Oyardadamus?
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Any answers welcome

It's not me you have to worry about,it's the friends of Maurice Strong.

If I had to guess the DOW low I'd guess 1750.

If I had to guess the DOW low I'd guess 1750.
    NULL
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast