Thread: "Story Of America" interviews Glen Bradley "A Ron Paul Republican in NC"

"Story Of America" interviews Glen Bradley "A Ron Paul Republican in NC"

http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    shameless bump
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I have it on the front page is why it isn't getting reviews here, likely....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I have it on the front page is why it isn't getting reviews here, likely....
    Oh wow thanks, I had no idea. I was just surprised at how well they came out. Especially considering the interviewers were radical lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Oh wow thanks, I had no idea. I was just surprised at how well they came out. Especially considering the interviewers were radical lefties.
    I was pretty impressed that you were able to get them excited about a free-market alternative to Obamacare. Well done!

Well done Glen
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

That lady kept pressing you pretty hard to say you'd fight for a certain cause in the civil war didn't she? They just can't help themselves but to try and race bait when they're getting their clocks cleaned idealogically. I wish we had just a handful of Gunny's here in my area, I hope your neighbors and fellow NC'ers realize what a treasure they have in you Glen.

Excellent stuff!
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great interview Glen ! Good reply on the civil war question, I like the twist in 'your brothers being there' which I think is a fact that is not considered enough. I hope many people will see this as I think you came across as principled but in a way non-partisan.