Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: New Jersey House Passes 22 Gun Control Bills

BREAKING: New Jersey House Passes 22 Gun Control Bills

“The New Jersey Assembly’s majority Democrats, citing the elementary-school massacre in Newtown, Conn., passed 22 gun-control bills Thursday that backers said would help curb gun violence,” philly.com reported at 3am this morning. The new bills limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds (A1329), outlaw .50 caliber rifles (A3659), create weapon-free school zones (A1387), require background checks for private gun sales (A3748) and require safety training for people seeking firearm purchase permits (A3510). [Breakdown of provisions after the jump.] “We are not seeking to prevent law-abiding citizens from purchasing, owning, utilizing their guns. We are not trying to impede hunters and sportsmen in the state,” Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver (D., Essex) said before the votes. Senate passage is a done deal. All eyes turn to Governor Christie, whose non-committal comments offer little cause for hope of a veto . . .

“I’m a little surprised at how quickly they’ve done it,” Christie said Thursday after a political event in Sea Bright, where he picked up the Democratic mayor’s endorsement. “This is a very difficult issue and a complex one. And one that our national government has taken a long time to look at and study. It’s amazing to me how quickly the Assembly can move when they want to.”
    Not to put too fine a point on it, another one bites the dust. Here are the new laws’ provisions as described by the Associated Press:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...control-bills/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    create weapon-free school zones (A1387),“We are not seeking to prevent law-abiding citizens from purchasing, owning, utilizing their guns. We are not trying to impede hunters and sportsmen in the state,” Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver (D., Essex) said before the votes.

LOL
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Hunters and sportmens make up a small fraction of the gun owning community. The dems know this.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    LOL
    It will work, the facts are there....o wait.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

tar and feathers are too good for the ones that voted for this
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

So they didn't grandfather anything they banned? Wow.

It’s amazing to me how quickly the Assembly can move when they want to.
    When destroying liberties and controlling an alleged free people, like spending other people's money, they live for it. I'm not sure what's so amazing about it.

All eyes turn to Governor Christie, whose non-committal comments offer little cause for hope of a veto
    Fat chance!

Reduce the maximum capacity of magazines to 10 rounds, as also proposed in federal legislation. New Jersey already has a 15-round cap. Retired police officers would be exempt from the reduction.
    [...]
    Require background checks on private sales of handguns, rifles, or shotguns through a licensed retail dealer. Transactions between immediate family members, law enforcement officers and licensed collectors would be exempt.
    [...]
    Prohibit the state Treasury from investing any assets of pensions or annuity funds in companies that manufacture, import, or sell assault firearms for civilian use. The bill exempts investments in companies that manufacture, import, or sell assault firearms for use by the military or law enforcement agencies.
    But of course.

Prohibit a person named on the consolidated federal terrorist watch list from obtaining a firearm by disqualifying him or her from being issued a firearms ID card or a permit to purchase a handgun.
    Like "peaceful terrorists?"
    Thus, a terrorist is a person with political, social or ideological goals that are both deeply held and highly critical of the U.S. government. He may use violence; he may not. The “peaceful terrorist” attempts to influence society in ways that others sometimes find intimidating; for example, he may insist on owning a gun. The terrorist is also “clandestine”; that is, he cleaves to privacy and resists surveillance.

The “peaceful terrorist” is a libertarian standing in the good company of others who dissent; for example, those who believe “freedom of speech” has a literal meaning.

Conclusion

The transformation of the word “terrorist” has shifted focus from the raw reality of state violence onto the mere possibility of individual violence, which is defined broadly enough to include dissent. In a stunning lexical victory, the police state has become the victim. Those who peacefully exercise their natural rights have become the terrorists.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I hate living in this state.

“We are not seeking to prevent law-abiding citizens from purchasing, owning, utilizing their guns. We are not trying to impede hunters and sportsmen in the state,” Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver (D., Essex)
    This is not an assault! This is not an assault!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, and you won't hear a peep out of any NJ gun owners either.

Cops and "Troopers" have this weird almost cult status.

Compliance will be complete, total and not a $#@! will be given.

Except by Christie, who now has a choice to make, does he want run for President and veto this or keep being The Guv and vote for it.

Veto and loses his NJ spot.

Sign it and he's the walking dead nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    The State hates you (and me) more.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE NOW! If I was you I would run straight to NH and never look back.

Flee New Jersey!!!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Vote with your feet, peeps!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE NOW! If I was you I would run straight to NH and never look back.
    If you can guarantee me a job and apartment, I'd be there.

Now, would you really run straight to NH, or would you have to seriously consider your financial/familial situation? Not everything is as easy as some people on this forum would like to believe...

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Vote with your feet, peeps!
    Already happening.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...aving_new.html
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, and you won't hear a peep out of any NJ gun owners either.

Cops and "Troopers" have this weird almost cult status.

Compliance will be complete, total and not a $#@! will be given.

Except by Christie, who now has a choice to make, does he want run for President and veto this or keep being The Guv and vote for it.

Veto and loses his NJ spot.

Sign it and he's the walking dead nationally.
    Nice analysis. This would make a good article.

What do you think he'll do? He recently vetoed the minimum wage increase, but then he proposed a lessor increase of his own.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post

Now, would you really run straight to NH, or would you have to seriously consider your financial/familial situation? Not everything is as easy as some people on this forum would like to believe...
    Pretty hard to walk away from a job in this economy. Realistically, it takes planning.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Already happening.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...aving_new.html

62 percent of interstate moves involving New Jerseyans last year were people leaving the state.
    If they're progs, hopefully they won't bring their filthy ideology with them to destroy more states, hm? Or maybe it's like their "long march through the institutions." Since that was so "successful," maybe they've started their long march through the states.

This should be updating soon:

American Migration [Interactive Map]
    http://www.forbes.com/special-report...migration.html
    --Albert J. Nock

Christie can just forget about running for President if he signs this.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Christie can just forget about running for President if he signs this.
    Christie will probably sign some, but not all of them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chris...ooting-2012-12
    New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who has long been a supporter of stricter gun control laws, said that gun control should be part of a "national discussion" in the wake of the elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., last Friday.
    Last edited by compromise; 02-22-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Pretty hard to walk away from a job in this economy. Realistically, it takes planning.
    Indeed. You have to first ensure employment and housing prospects—and then have the necessary funds for relocation. It's not that easy.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Chester Copperpot

Im in NJ.. Id prob run to pennsylvania..

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Christie will probably sign some, but not all of them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chris...ooting-2012-12
    Okay, we can have a discussion.

No.

Discussion over.

It is a tough one to move like that no doubt and even harder when you got a family when it is not just yourself to move. But if I had been living there for more than a few years especially with the personal income tax you have there and not to mention that god awful show that I am not going to even mention that state let happen (jokes) I would have been long gone by now. With the free state project and the resources they provide it seems sensible to be out in 2-3 years.
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 02-22-2013 at 06:00 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Eventually people will run out of places to run to. And then?

In some ways, I think that this barrage against the 2nd Amendment is a good thing, since I'm tired of the limp-wrists skirting the issue. Come and take them nancy-boys.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

they outlawed the 50cal! next step shotguns.

Yeah, I know. In my mind, I'm free though.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    That's the long term plan. My company has offices in NH but my prospects are not good right now because we've been in a "hiring freeze" for about 3 years. As a skier, I want to live in the mountains very badly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    That's my short term plan. Probably Northern Bucks or Montgomery county.

I'll keep saying this... It's NOT hate, that would require emotional capacity... It is pure unadulterated psychopathy and the desire for the power of control over people.

Stop thinking these people play by our rules. The more quickly you do, the more quickly it all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Eventually people will run out of places to run to. And then?

In some ways, I think that this barrage against the 2nd Amendment is a good thing, since I'm tired of the limp-wrists skirting the issue. Come and take them nancy-boys.

Exactly. People talk about moving to a different country. Then what? What is happening here will eventually happen there. A person can only run so far.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Didn't ROMNEY pass gun control laws, and that stopped his national campaign how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast