Thread: Handed a snack, and then executed: the last hours of the 12-year-old son of a Tamil Tiger

Angry Handed a snack, and then executed: the last hours of the 12-year-old son of a Tamil Tiger

This is horrible. How can the Sri Lankan government be so heartless and evil as to murder children for the crimes of their fathers?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...r-8500295.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Given a snack and then taken out and shot: Horrifying last moments of helpless boy, 12, who was 'executed by Sri Lankan army because his father was a Tamil Tiger leader'
    • Balachandran Prabhakaran is seen with bullet wounds to the chest
    • He was the son of Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam leader Velupillai Prabhakaran,who was also killed at the end of the Sri Lankan civil war
    • Disturbing images feature in new documentary on the conflict
    • Film's director said pictures prove boy was 'executed in cold blood'

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT
    Disturbing new images have emerged of the dead body of the 12-year-old son of a Tamil leader that researchers say could prove he was executed by Sri Lankan government forces.

The photographs of Balachandran Prabhakaran, son of Velupillai Prabhakaran, head of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, were taken in May 2009 at the end of the government's conflict with the rebels.

The first pictures appear to show the child in the custody of Sri Lankan forces and he is seen sitting on a bench wrapped in a blanket and eating some food.

Balachandran Prabhakaran, 12, is seen apparently in Sri Lankan custody as he sits in a bunker

The series of photographs show he was even given a snack as he sat wrapped in a blanket

But photographs taken hours later on the same camera show him lying on the ground, topless and his chest riddled with bullet holes.

He has five holes to his chest and experts say he was shot at close range.

The pictures, which feature in documentary No Fire Zone, show the boy was alive when he was captured and was executed later, says the film's director Callum Macrae.

He told The Independent: 'They show he was held, and even given a snack, before being taken and executed in cold blood.'

A picture taken hours later shows the boy lying dead on the ground with up to five bullet wounds to his chest

Velupillai Prabhakaran led the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. He died in May 2009 and his body was shown on state television

The Sri Lankan government have always claimed that Balachandran was killed in cross-fire but Mr Macrae said the photographs 'rule out' that possibility.
    Mr Macrae said the fact that the boy's dead body was photographed is also alarming.

He said: 'That these events were also photographed and kept as war trophies by the perpetrators is even more disturbing.'
    The body of Villupillai Prabhakaran was showed on state television in May 2009 as Sri Lanka's government declared an end to its 26-year civil war.

There were also suggestions he had been shot at close range as part of his skull was missing.

Sri Lankan army spokesman Brigadier PR Wanigasooriya told The Independent that there had been repeated 'lies, half truths and rumours' said about the country.

Government forces were accused of human rights abuses including sexual violence, murder and abuse in the final days of the civil way.

Brigadier Wanigasooriya: 'No substantive evidence have been presented for us to launch an investigation.'
    In 2011, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon published a report which revealed as many as 40,000 people were killed in the final months of the war.

The new documentary will be screened at the Geneva Human Rights Film Festival at next month's UN Human Rights Council meeting.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quick, let's borrow some more money from China and bomb some freedom into those heathens...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Quick, let's borrow some more money from China and bomb some freedom into those heathens...
    Yep. Let the market decide. Right? Business certainly does boom these days.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-20-2013 at 07:12 AM.

I'm a big supporter of the cause of Tamil Eelam, which I see as no different than the division of Sudan, the possible division of Nigeria, etc.

Two states for two peoples. Ain't that the UN motto now?
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

It's none of my damn business, and my "government" is broke so they should stay out of it...

No entangling alliances and all that.

However feel free to send your dollars in support of whom ever you choose..

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    I'm a big supporter of the cause of Tamil Eelam, which I see as no different than the division of Sudan, the possible division of Nigeria, etc.

Two states for two peoples. Ain't that the UN motto now?

All governments kill the children of their enemies. Ours has done so many times and on a much larger scale. Disgusting...

Uhhh...the US did this to Awlaki's kid, and we didn't even give him a goddamned snack first.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Uhhh...the US did this to Awlaki's kid, and we didn't even give him a goddamned snack first.
    Snacks are expensive and we are in a budget crisis.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yep. Let the market decide. Right? Business certainly does boom these days.
    Let the market decide what?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    It's none of my damn business, and my "government" is broke so they should stay out of it...

No entangling alliances and all that.

However feel free to send your dollars in support of whom ever you choose..
    How is their cause not the same as ours? How is their Revolution different from ours? (the big one I suppose is that the foreign powers of today supported the establishment and not the 'rebels')

I'm an AnCap so I don't want alliances - I'd like no military kthxbai.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

thought the same thing when I saw this...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

The Tamils are a distinct people with a distinct culture and distinct geographic region, they should have their own state. Interestingly enough that state, should it ever come to pass, may also include the mainland India province of Tamil Nadu.

well duh! he was at a family bar-b-q...i am sure he at least got some slaw & pickled eggs...

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    How is their cause not the same as ours? How is their Revolution different from ours? (the big one I suppose is that the foreign powers of today supported the establishment and not the 'rebels')

I'm an AnCap so I don't want alliances - I'd like no military kthxbai.
    AnCap is a doctrine espousing the liquidation of non contributors? Interesting.

Their cause is theirs, our cause is ours. The big difference being the absence of violent means.
    Best of luck in life.