Thread: Cramer says BUY BUY BUY!

Cramer says BUY BUY BUY!

Now you know the market is about to collapse:

"Theres not a sector where I can't say something positive about," Cramer added. "You're fighting the Fed if you're selling stocks right now."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100469983

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cramer is good for entertainment but I would never follow his investment suggestions.

Nothing to see here, mundane. Do as your told and BUY so we can profit off your stupid ass following our investment advice.

I was going to post another link about Jim Rogers (iirc) and a bunch of other Wall St execs selling their stocks and shares at record number. No insider trading there, again, mundane, move along. Thinking is prohibited.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The "Wall Street insiders" (which included names like Warren Buffet and Geroge Soros) dumping stocks was false (at least that was the article posted here not too long ago- perhaps you saw it or something different?). It was somebody making claims to try to sell their book. Link to that thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Dumping-Stocks

Jim Rogers, on the other hand, is saying stay out of stocks. And gold. http://www.gurufocus.com/news/208333...-bonds-or-gold
    He is long on the dollar though (thinking it a safe haven to other investors) though and big on agriculture.
    He is long the dollar because he expects turmoil in the currency markets, and people will flee for lack of knowing what else to do.
    - He does not think the dollar is a safe long-term holding.
    - Right now he would not buy gold, bonds or stocks. All that he is interested in buying are agriculture-linked investments.
    His info is contradictory. Long on the dollar means he thinks it will go up in value in the long term. Then he also at the same time says the dollar is not a safe long term holding. I am confused. Or is he?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-19-2013 at 04:34 PM.

The "financial apocoplyse" is way over-blown. The "automatic cuts" are $81 billion dollars in a $3.7 trillion budget (and the cuts are spread over an entire year- there won't be a massive cut suddenly on March 1st)- and a $14 trillion economy- not a significant amount in the big picture.

And yet it's non-news for the Fed to create $85 BILLION A MONTH to prop up the stock market.

Go figure.

It's a mite chilly outside for shorts. But if Cramer says buy, I guess we have no choice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I was wearing shorts today. Till the rain rolled in.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The "Wall Street insiders" (which included names like Warren Buffet and Geroge Soros) dumping stocks was false (at least that was the article posted here not too long ago- perhaps you saw it or something different?). It was somebody making claims to try to sell their book. Link to that thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Dumping-Stocks

Jim Rogers, on the other hand, is saying stay out of stocks. And gold. http://www.gurufocus.com/news/208333...-bonds-or-gold
    He is long on the dollar though (thinking it a safe haven to other investors) though and big on agriculture.

His info is contradictory. Long on the dollar means he thinks it will go up in value in the long term. Then he also at the same time says the dollar is not a safe long term holding. I am confused. Or is he?
    Jim Rogers isn't contradictory. He's bullish (long) the Dollar, but he's not a long-term bull. They are mutually exclusive. Although I can't speak for Mr. Rogers, from what I gather he's bullish the Dollar for a couple reasons:

1) Everyone is bearish the Dollar (he's mentioned this as his primary reason)
    2) If there is a decline, people will rush to the Dollar as a safe-haven

It's pretty obvious the impossibility of saying "This is it" as I've noticed so many gold bugs eat their words calling the absolute bottom in metals, only to see lower prices months/years later. I've also seen the Dollar go higher than the permabears and bulls predicted. While the Dollar will lose its attractive safe-haven qualities someday, no one knows when that will be and under what conditions. That's why I feel Jim Rogers is correct in is assessment. To quote Yoda, never underestimate the Dark Side... never underestimate the mass hysteria in financial markets. The market will keep going back to the Dollar until it won't, but was the Dollar's last big rally in 2008/09? I tend to think not even with all the headwinds.

At the end of the day, if we have margin calls and forced liquidations, assets will be sold for cash and cash will be the temporary king. Considering the Dollar is still the de facto reserve currency of the world, it has the best position to benefit from those adjustments.

Now, he's bearish gold because gold has gone up every year for the past 11 or 12 years. Very few assets have performed that consistently in history, so it would be natural to see a pause even in face of the global money printing schemes. Precious metals have lost steam from the April 2011 levels and 2012 was a lackluster (albeit "up") year for the metals. Could 2013 be a bad year for gold? Sure it could. So far it's not a hot start, and given we're very much overbought on the stock indices in the U.S., gold may continue to perform weak. If there is a generous pullback or a 2008-esque drop in stocks, gold may drop further. I believe those are the points Jim Rogers tries to make if you connect the various interviews he's done together. His message has been pretty dang consistent, it's just a matter of following the several interviews he's done.

I remember watching Cramer before the melt down and he was saying "Buy! Buy! Buy!" then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marketsnowball View Post
    His message has been pretty dang consistent, it's just a matter of following the several interviews he's done.
    Astute rundown, +rep. So, if you're not a day trader, ditch the bucks, CDs and bonds, and look for your last decent prices on gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.