View Poll Results: On Immigration I agree mostly that:

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • We cannot deport illegal aliens, and must give them a pathway to citizenship.

14 16.47%
  • Back of the line behind legal immigrants, but pathway to citizenship.

29 34.12%
  • Round and deport them, every time they come in illegally.

19 22.35%
  • 6 months hard labor 1st offense, 3 yrs 2nd offense, execution 3rd.

6 7.06%
  • We should welcome all who come here, legally or illegally.

35 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Immigration Poll

Illegal Immigration Poll

I am surprised by the changing opinions on illegal immigration, as in what part of "illegal" do you not get? I suppose many are willing to change their views IF they believe the MSM and others who say that the GOP can't win without those who are in favor of amnesty. So anyway, please pick one of the following that comes closest to your feelings on immigration.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The traditional, pure libertarian position is for open borders. I'm not saying I agree, but the support for amnesty is consistent with being a libertarian. I don't think it has anything to do with people here caring about whether the GOP gets votes.

Quote Originally Posted by misean View Post
    The traditional, pure libertarian position is for open borders. I'm not saying I agree, but the support for amnesty is consistent with being a libertarian.
    That seems to be the Libertarian position, although it sounds more Liberal to me. Frankly, my feeling is that when one breaks a law, they should be punished, not rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerner View Post
    I am surprised by the changing opinions on illegal immigration, as in what part of "illegal" do you not get? I suppose many are willing to change their views IF they believe the MSM and others who say that the GOP can't win without those who are in favor of amnesty. So anyway, please pick one of the following that comes closest to your feelings on immigration.
    There are a lot of illegal things that are victimless crimes. Just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it's wrong.
    Rand Paul 2016

Seems like the constitutional conservative/libertarian(ish) position is if we have no welfare state then immigration should be a very open and welcoming process. (Perhaps even open borders). I don't see that option...

I'm open to
    open borders if we get rid of the welfare state.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Execute them for not bursting out of their mother's tomb on the correct area of stardust!

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    Seems like the constitutional conservative/libertarian(ish) position is if we have no welfare state then immigration should be a very open and welcoming process. (Perhaps even open borders). I don't see that option...

I'm open to
    Sorry I neglected that option. Also sorry I made "execution" the punishment for being in the country illegally a 3rd time, I should have saved that for 4th offense. ;-) While I agree with Libertarians on MANY issues, open borders is certainly not one of them. In fact I agree with Dr. Roy Beck on numbersUSA in that we need to reduce our LEGAL immigration numbers back to pre 1965 levels.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    There are a lot of illegal things that are victimless crimes. Just because it's illegal, doesn't mean it's wrong.
    I voted for the first option so I certainly can't be characterized as hard line on illegal immigration, but I also think its completely incorrect to characterize it as a victimless crime. Taxpayers who contribute to welfare that illegal immigrants receive or people who lose out on a job because its much easier to employ an illegal alien under the table are certainly victimized by rampant illegal immigration. It's a property crime with a victim, but we must not be absurdly impractical in dealing with it.

Open borders with no welfare state is the libertarian position. It's a tough call since there is no hope of even reducing the welfare state. I have no faith in Rand's or any other plan.

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post

I'm open to
    This, and yeah it's not an option, so I didn't vote.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Amazing how many people have been manipulated into playing the illegal aliens into the hands of the criminals in business by the mind games of the criminals in government.

I remember when if a business truly needed someone they brought them in through legal channels.

Now with the shift to a criminal based economic system anyone they can trick into coming in is put on the payroll while and honest worker is shifted off. Not only is it cheaper per hour, they are able to undermine the honest mans social services and medical facilities.

Is it any wonder our world is crumbling? The criminals economy is going gangbusters.

Ha! Ha!

They used to stand tall here working along side of us for the same wages and benefits.

P.S. If you were able to counterfeit up what ever amount of money you wanted, what would you create with it?

I'm very much in favor of secure borders, but I don't think the GOP can take the position of deporting the illegal immigrants who are already here and expect to win future elections. It's not possible to win elections simply by winning the white vote anymore. The GOP has to get a higher percentage of the Hispanic vote, and they're probably going to have to support something like Rand is proposing: Secure the border first and take a vote on it in Congress for six straight years before the path to citizenship begins, and then when it's verified that the border is secure make the illegals who are here get in the back of the line behind the legal immigrants who are coming here. That would be a more "hispanic friendly" message that could win elections but would also mean that we would have a secure border.
    Last edited by Brett85; 02-18-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Frankly, my feeling is that when one breaks a law, they should be punished, not rewarded.
    In all fairness, the majority of laws are bad. They should either be abolished or ignored.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I believe that our nation should be open to all immigrants who are non-violent and who do not carry a communicable disease, no quotas. But just being here wouldn't qualify one for citizenship. One should naturally take a test to qualify for citizenship and demonstrate that they will be a good American.

Quote Originally Posted by beaven View Post
    One should naturally take a test to qualify for citizenship and demonstrate that they will be a good American.
    Define "good American" because if that's going to be the litmus test, you might as well deport the majority of American citizens already living here.

$#@! you Frank. You're the illegal anyway. Of course, it used to be a jury of 12 decided illegality not internet trolls.

I didn't vote in your poll BTW. Here is why the closest options suck:

We cannot deport illegal aliens, and must give them a pathway to citizenship.
    I think exile might be a good alternative to "community offense" crimes like drugs. And by "alternative" I mean it is better than jail but not likely as good as leaving people alone. In that context, I see no reason why we give "pathway"s to anybody. Or why we "must"?!

We should welcome all who come here, legally or illegally.
    Well, I wouldn't welcome you and I know nothing of your legal status. No, we shouldn't welcome everybody but that gives me no right to prevent you from getting your cousin or wife here.

My point would be, 'government's failure to enforce its laws should not burden the citizens of this country'. I would be happier with a system whereby once someone is picked up by local, the Feds have 6 months to deport that person or that locality is free to treat them as de facto legal. Not a path to "citizenship" but maybe a path to "more freedom".

The illegal immigration debate reminds too much of the illegal drug debate where the enforcement side wants illegality to continue so they can play 'catch and release' and all the other BS. And TPTB like having an underclass to replace their slaves.

Anyway, your poll options lack creativity and do not reflect the fundamental distrust we ought to have for both the police and the progressive state.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I remember when if a business truly needed someone they brought them in through legal channels.
    I remember when people brought themselves to the business because they are looking for a job. I remember because... that is damn near every week here.

You must remember a time when businesses beg for workers and fly them in from around the country or bribe Congress for high-tech foreigners to keep the locals in line (and the foreigners on a leash).

Of course my industry isn't glamorous and we're not doing biotech research. I'd rather live in a world where someone can show up, do a day's labor, and get paid cash without ever giving up their name. That world is gone. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    I remember when people brought themselves to the business because they are looking for a job. I remember because... that is damn near every week here.

You must remember a time when businesses beg for workers and fly them in from around the country or bribe Congress for high-tech foreigners to keep the locals in line (and the foreigners on a leash).

Of course my industry isn't glamorous and we're not doing biotech research. I'd rather live in a world where someone can show up, do a day's labor, and get paid cash without ever giving up their name. That world is gone. Thanks.
    I dunno, Illegal Ali... errrr "undocumented workers" do exactly that, each and every day.

Execute them on the third offense? I haven't checked the poll yet but I'd hope no one sees that as the answer.

ETA: Does someone want to own up to that and explain their position, or should we just assume it's a troll?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-18-2013 at 06:23 PM.

We spend BILLIONS of dollars every year, catching, deporting, and re-catching and re-deporting.... I can understand that maybe some of you are not in favor of the death penalty for repeat offenders, but how about 10 years in a hard labor camp for those who have been caught and deported 3 or more times?

What we do now is a joke.

Yes, I would be in favor of EXECUTING repeat offenders. Don't worry it will NEVER happen. But does that make me a "troll"? Hardly. Harrumph. ETA:"owning up to that"
    Last edited by Southerner; 02-18-2013 at 06:30 PM.

It seems kind of ridiculous to execute someone for a crime other than murder.

We spend BILLIONS of dollars every year, catching, deporting, and re-catching and re-deporting.... I can understand that maybe some of you are not in favor of the death penalty for repeat offenders, but how about 10 years in a hard labor camp for those who have been caught and deported 3 or more times?

Yes, I would be in favor of EXECUTING repeat offenders. Don't worry it will NEVER happen. But does that make me a "troll"? Hardly. Harrumph. ETA:"owning up to that"
    End welfare. End food stamps. End EMTALA.

You bemoan a problem ("spend BILLIONS of dollars") when, to TPTB, that problem is their solution, their goal. They don't want these things fixed.

Things that aren't broken don't generate the revenue they crave.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That seems to be the Libertarian position, although it sounds more Liberal to me. Frankly, my feeling is that when one breaks a law, they should be punished, not rewarded.
    Are there some special people out there who get to make up laws that we should get punished when we break them like that? They can just tell us to give them whatever we have that they want, and if we don't do whatever they say it's ok for them to punish us?

So just don't catch and deport them. Nobody has any right to do that in the first place anyway.

I dunno, Illegal Ali... errrr "undocumented workers" do exactly that, each and every day.
    That's a good thing, isn't it?

Don't want "illegal aliens" here? Go do the jobs that they do, for the wages that they make, under the table. It's probably a more ethical existence than you have right now.

And while you're at it, tell the "pro-lifers" to all register to be potential adoptive parents and the pro-war folks to enlist and be willing to pay for the equipment needed to kill people.

This is right-wing big gov't at it's most blatant. I know it's constitutional for the Fed gov to monitor the borders, but who should pay for it? I don't have a problem with Mexicans, legally here or not. Then again, I don't live in a Mexican border state--let those states handle the financing, and I'll stick to keeping those dirty Canadians out of the country, eh?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by Havax View Post
    Execute them for not bursting out of their mother's tomb on the correct area of stardust!
    That makes no sense..............
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That makes no sense..............

=

Execute them for not bursting out of their mother's womb on the correct area of stardust (earth)!
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast