Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outrage over shock Israeli photo showing Palestinian boy’s head in sniper crosshairs

Outrage over shock Israeli photo showing Palestinian boy’s head in sniper crosshairs

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1267100

Quote Originally Posted by The New York Daily News
    An Israeli soldier posted an Instagram photo purportedly showing a Palestinian boy's head in the crosshairs of his rifle scope, prompting an apology from the Israeli military.

The chilling image, which shows the back of the boy's head, was posted by a 20-year-old Israeli sniper named Mor Ostrovski, according to pro-Palestinian news site The Electronic Intifada.

It doesn't appear that sniper actually pulled the trigger, the site said.

The Israel Defense Forces said in a statement they were investigating the photo, adding that the soldier's actions "are not in accordance with the spirit of the IDF or its values," Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First thing I thought of was that scene from Schindler's List.

WTF. Who are the Nazis now?

"Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Whats that shooter doing sticking his barrel out the window? Im no sniper, but even I know that is a no no
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post

We become what we hate.
    There is no spoon.

You could pose the question "What would Jesus do" but that doesn't seem to work on those people.
    Last edited by paulbot24; 02-18-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Most militaries around the world will have some people who have aimed their firearms at an innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Hero.
    Special Relationship.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's okay. Palestinians are all terrorists anyways.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Aren't snipers supposed to have spotters to avoid situations like this? They are the eyes, and the sniper only focuses in when the spotter calls a potential target, or am I wrong in that?

He's going to snipe some freedom into him

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Aren't snipers supposed to have spotters to avoid situations like this? They are the eyes, and the sniper only focuses in when the spotter calls a potential target, or am I wrong in that?
    I don't know if a spotter would have helped avoid a Israeli sniper taking a picture of him aiming at a boy's head but yes, snipers usually use spotters. I would imagine that he was just 'killing time' and doesn't much like the Palestinian people. People do some crazy $#@! to pass the time in war zones, or so I've heard. I liken it to the pictures of Abu Ghraib etc.

Whether or not he's ever shot a Palestinian child is another question. Needless to say he would probably have no qualms about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post

The evil bastard got what was coming to him as his acting career took an obvious nose dive after doing Shindler's List.

You have to understand the mentality of some of these people. They view anyone that is non-jewish to be pond scum. They have absolutely no humanity. Basically they are pyschopaths. These are the kinds of people that attack peaceful/humanitarian flotillas and murder children without batting an eyelash. Yet when these events happen, we are always told the opposite in our media. Everyone else is evil or at fault but not them.

I've tried to have discussions with this one guy on another forum whose a pro-zionist, and I tried appealing to his humanity about the plight of the Palestinians. But he's a freakin' nut case. It's only about his people and their past suffering and everyone else be damned. He sees people in terms of Jew vs. non-Jew and I just see people as people. An atrocity is an atrocity no matter who the people are. I've never in my life been exposed to someone like that. Someone so heartless. It was very disturbing to me.
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

Quote Originally Posted by libertygrl View Post
    You have to understand the mentality of some of these people. They view anyone that is non-jewish to be pond scum. They have absolutely no humanity. Basically they are pyschopaths. These are the kinds of people that attack peaceful/humanitarian flotillas and murder children without batting an eyelash. Yet when these events happen, we are always told the opposite in our media. Everyone else is evil or at fault but not them.

I've tried to have discussions with this one guy on another forum whose a pro-zionist, and I tried appealing to his humanity about the plight of the Palestinians. But he's a freakin' nut case. It's only about his people and their past suffering and everyone else be damned. He sees people in terms of Jew vs. non-Jew and I just see people as people. An atrocity is an atrocity no matter who the people are. I've never in my life been exposed to someone like that. Someone so heartless. It was very disturbing to me.
    Back when MySpace was in it's hayday, I was pretty active on their political forums. Well I participated in a thread that had to do with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and the next thing I knew I was getting numerous PM's from Israeli citizens with less than savory content. Some even went as far as to give me death threats, one stood out to me because she was a young attractive female and to see what she had threatened me with definitely left an impression. It really shook me that casual participation in political discussion would warrant that severe of a response, and a personal one at that.

An Israeli soldier posted an Instagram photo purportedly showing a Palestinian boy's head in the crosshairs of his rifle scope, prompting an apology from the Israeli military.

The chilling image, which shows the back of the boy's head, was posted by a 20-year-old Israeli sniper named Mor Ostrovski, according to pro-Palestinian news site The Electronic Intifada.

It doesn't appear that sniper actually pulled the trigger, the site said.

The Israel Defense Forces said in a statement they were investigating the photo, adding that the soldier's actions "are not in accordance with the spirit of the IDF or its values," Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.
    Well, that explains everything. This isn't about right or wrong. This is all non-sense because its according to a "pro-Palestinian" site. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Well, that explains everything. This isn't about right or wrong. This is all non-sense because its according to a "pro-Palestinian" site. Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic but if you're not, apparently even the Israelis are perpetuating and apologizing for their own nonsense. The website article is here. They even have a shopping link to a judaicawebstore.com on their homepage if you're interested in buying a lovely menora while you're there. If you're being sarcastic, using a /s or /sarc off at the end of a comment is useful.
    Last edited by paulbot24; 02-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Howdy, how are you doing today? I'm doing just fine myself thank you.
    I've always been a dense person even when compared to my racist brethren as I live in Texas. I'm not a racist!(qualifier) My whole life has been a rather happy one as I have never much thought about Jews other than Jesus was supposed to be one along with Sammy Davis Jr. It wasn't until about the age of thirty-five that it was explained to me in University (I went back to school) that my backwards culture is supposed to hate the Jew.
    So, one day as I was entering onto a freeway I wondered to myself, "What is a Jew?"
    Just then I heard this "mmmbeep mbeeping" of a little car coming from the next lane over on the freeway driven by a little hairy man who could hardly see over the steering wheel to drive. I thought to myself, this must be a Jewish fellow as, as it was earlier explained to me such people are typically selfish, so he was selfishly trying to keep me from getting onto the damned freeway!
    As I would attempt to get in front of him, that little hairy bastard would accelerate lurching forward. Eventually, I had to submit to him as he had the right of way.
    It wasn't until years later while attending a "Lord of the Rings" exhibition at a convention in New Zealand that I realized our confrontation was just a misunderstanding. For, you see, attending the convention was the same man who I had mistaken for being Jewish. That fact became perfectly clear as the little man was obviously a barefoot Hobbit as his feet were hairy. As it was explained to me, he was just angry that day as he had to drive a car which is something he never did back in New Zealand as people there tend to walk everywhere. Oh man do they ever walk! When they aren't walking, they are running.
    Anyway, we have become the best of friends. I've just got to remember that he can't hold his pints very good and he never likes being called a munchkin. You know, even Hobbits have problems with Jews so don't worry about it. Just remember its a small world after all. In the end, every hobbit, teletubby, munchkin, elf, and Jew will all learn to live together in peace and harmony.

What I find most hilarious about your rants, such as this one...is not so much the rants themselves...but the time in which you spend to craft and type the ridiculous tyrades.

Bravo sir, bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    Howdy, how are you doing today? I'm doing just fine myself thank you.
    I've always been a dense person even when compared to my racist brethren as I live in Texas. I'm not a racist!(qualifier) My whole life has been a rather happy one as I have never much thought about Jews other than Jesus was supposed to be one along with Sammy Davis Jr. It wasn't until about the age of thirty-five that it was explained to me in University (I went back to school) that my backwards culture is supposed to hate the Jew.
    So, one day as I was entering onto a freeway I wondered to myself, "What is a Jew?"
    Just then I heard this "mmmbeep mbeeping" of a little car coming from the next lane over on the freeway driven by a little hairy man who could hardly see over the steering wheel to drive. I thought to myself, this must be a Jewish fellow as, as it was earlier explained to me such people are typically selfish, so he was selfishly trying to keep me from getting onto the damned freeway!
    As I would attempt to get in front of him, that little hairy bastard would accelerate lurching forward. Eventually, I had to submit to him as he had the right of way.
    It wasn't until years later while attending a "Lord of the Rings" exhibition at a convention in New Zealand that I realized our confrontation was just a misunderstanding. For, you see, attending the convention was the same man who I had mistaken for being Jewish. That fact became perfectly clear as the little man was obviously a barefoot Hobbit as his feet were hairy. As it was explained to me, he was just angry that day as he had to drive a car which is something he never did back in New Zealand as people there tend to walk everywhere. Oh man do they ever walk! When they aren't walking, they are running.
    Anyway, we have become the best of friends. I've just got to remember that he can't hold his pints very good and he never likes being called a munchkin. You know, even Hobbits have problems with Jews so don't worry about it. Just remember its a small world after all. In the end, every hobbit, teletubby, munchkin, elf, and Jew will all learn to live together in peace and harmony.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Claiming to see people as people yet calling Jews racist, psychopaths and saying jews have a hatred of non jews. The only person who is a 'freakin nutcase' is you. Just because one Israeli soldier did a bad thing does not mean you generalize an entire $#@!ing people. Thats whats very disturbing.

And yes Im a Jew. I guess I just hate non jews. Or maybe I see people in terms of being not $#@!s or $#@!s. You fall into the latter category.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    What I find most hilarious about your rants, such as this one...is not so much the rants themselves...but the time in which you spend to craft and type the ridiculous tyrades.

Bravo sir, bravo.
    Actually, this is the same response I always give regarding Jewish people. I've just refined it over time. As all cultures should be ridiculed equally pathetic, so should the Jewish culture as well. None of us should take ourselves very seriously. I really don't care about the Jews just as I rarely think about Eskimos (what Canadians like to call Inuits). It isn't that I don't care about the Inuits, well, I guess it is that I don't really care about them actually. You see, I'm just being honest. And to think I could have gone my whole life without ever knowing what a Jew is. But, you know, I could learn to eat raw whale blubber if it was fed to me by a cute round chubby Inuit woman. I'm not prejudice in that way. As a typical man, I really don't take any responsibility. It wouldn't be any different if I were born a Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Claiming to see people as people yet calling Jews racist, psychopaths and saying jews have a hatred of non jews. The only person who is a 'freakin nutcase' is you. Just because one Israeli soldier did a bad thing does not mean you generalize an entire $#@!ing people. Thats whats very disturbing.

And yes Im a Jew. I guess I just hate non jews. Or maybe I see people in terms of being not $#@!s or $#@!s. You fall into the latter category.
    Do you ever poke fun of yourself? Is it only appropriate to entertain oneself by way of poking fun of every culture other than the Jewish one? Perhaps if the Jewish culture would stop reminding everyone that we are supposed to hate and persecute them, then we would take them a lot less seriously by way of poking fun and ridiculing their history just as we are so willing to do our own. It is time to get over it. Dry up.
    Besides, in my reality, the Slavic person is the real Jew. They are the true ones who have been persecuted, enslaved, and killed off the most. Yet, at the same time, they are the ones who tend to complain about it the least. They don't seem to partake in the pity competition regarding who should be thought of as the most pathetic people on earth. They are just the most pathetic period. They don't want a reward like other parasitical cultures do for their long suffering.
    You know, what I'm doing here is expressing myself honestly. It is called therapy.

You have to understand the mentality of some of these people. They view anyone that is non-jewish to be pond scum. They have absolutely no humanity. Basically they are pyschopaths. These are the kinds of people that attack peaceful/humanitarian flotillas and murder children without batting an eyelash. Yet when these events happen, we are always told the opposite in our media.
    We are? Then why is the US media running an article about an offensive photo posted by a 20 year old on instagram?

Seems to me to be going out of their way to run the story. How many offensive things are posted on the internet every day and we don't hear about it? Have Egyptian or Syrian soldiers ever posted offensive photos on instagram?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    We are? Then why is the US media running an article about an offensive photo posted by a 20 year old on instagram?

Seems to me to be going out of their way to run the story. How many offensive things are posted on the internet every day and we don't hear about it? Have Egyptian or Syrian soldiers ever posted offensive photos on instagram?
    The mainstream media hardly ever reports what the IDF is up to. This story is just one of those glitches in the matrix and it's not even near as bad as what could be reported about Israel's military actions.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    The mainstream media hardly ever reports what the IDF is up to. This story is just one of those glitches in the matrix and it's not even near as bad as what could be reported about Israel's military actions.
    Just a glitch in the matrix?

6,960 articles about an instagram photo posted by a 20 year old soldier.

129 articles for an Iranian sentenced to death for converting to Christianity.

Pro Israel media thinks we need 6,960 articles because of a photo on instagram?

If this was any other country on earth would it get that many articles? Would it get posted on RPF?
    Last edited by BlackTerrel; 02-19-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Back when MySpace was in it's hayday, I was pretty active on their political forums. Well I participated in a thread that had to do with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and the next thing I knew I was getting numerous PM's from Israeli citizens with less than savory content. Some even went as far as to give me death threats, one stood out to me because she was a young attractive female and to see what she had threatened me with definitely left an impression. It really shook me that casual participation in political discussion would warrant that severe of a response, and a personal one at that.
    Catfished!

Every single time I read about Israelis or jooos on this board I think of this, especially the very last line:

Last edited by KingNothing; 02-19-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Just a glitch in the matrix?

6,960 articles about an instagram photo posted by a 20 year old soldier.

129 articles for an Iranian sentenced to death for converting to Christianity.

Pro Israel media thinks we need 6,960 articles because of a photo on instagram?

If this was any other country on earth would it get that many articles? Would it get posted on RPF?
    Yeah 6 thousand hits about ONE story. That's why I say it's a glitch.

They are pointing guns at kids and adults every damn day. Your average American does not know that land grabs and settlement building is an everyday occurrence.

They are pointing guns at kids and adults every damn day. Your average American does not know that land grabs and settlement building is an everyday occurrence.

The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. This is the story of humanity.

IOF, I'll have to remember that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast