Thread: Without Congress, Obama Deepens Overt U.S. Support for Syrian War

----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lovely, I guess that makes us French circa 1775... wait... didn't Marat and Robespierre go crazy in that year. AHHHHH, I recoil from the parallel, citizen, Bonjour M. Bienvenue: Nous ne savons rien que nous faisons!

(We do not know what we do- a rough translation both ways)
    Best of luck in life.

We should not be giving $60 million in foreign aid to anyone, while we have our own problems. We are $16 trillion in an ever growing debt with no balanced budget and we continue to spend to include spending on foreign aid. We can't even slow the increase in spending (the sequester) without the doom and gloom of the naysayers. We are in that bad of shape, yet, our powers that be feel it is possible, feasible and necessary to fund the Muslim Brotherhood at a tune of an additional $60 million.

First of all, it is none of our business. It is a civil war in a foreign country and it is NOT our fight. We are NOT all Syrians now, no matter what McCain would have people believe. Not to mention the fact the rebels we are funding consist of the Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Qaeda. Of course, this country empowering Sharia Law and funding Al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood is nothing new. It's the same old thing. Maybe if we build them up enough to overthrow Assad, a couple years from now we can find a reason to go to war against the new regime we funded and empowered. I am sure contracts will be given to corporations connected to rich politicians and there will be no competitive bids. Once again, nothing new.

Kayla williams who is a veteran met her future husband in Iraq, has sent an article to the Guardian which has been published here. I left some comments. I didn't complete the full type outs of the constitution sections on conflict. But I'm sure the point gets across to anyone reading.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...&commentpage=1

It's called bribery. Oil developers will want some quid pro quo after the rebels control some strategic oil and pipeline land. Most likely it will be Kurdish land.

For example:
    War Architect Richard Perle Looking To Enter Oil Business In Iraq

In March 2003, weeks after the invasion of Iraq, war architect Richard Perle resigned from his position on the Defense Policy Board in an attempt to “defuse a controversy over charges he stood to profit from the war in Iraq.”
    But that hasn’t stopped Perle from continuing to seek profit from the war. Citing documents and people close to the negotiations, the Wall Street Journal reports today that Perle “has been exploring going into the oil business in Iraq and Kazakhstan. One of the oil tracts, near the Kurdish city of Erbil, “is estimated to hold 150 million or more barrels of oil, would potentially be operated by Houston-based Endeavour International”.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...824/perle-oil/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Assad.. or Rebels..

The civilians lose. Either party should be ashamed of themselves. Especially the rebels that instigated this.

Quote Originally Posted by AviG View Post
    Unfortunately, Bashar has always been a threat to Israel. The Israeli ambassador to the US very clearly stated on Fox News that Bashar is reckless and these al-Qaeda types, though they will be bad, but will not be a threat to Israel. Unfortunately Bashar, protected the Christians and other minorities in Syria, (Ismalies, his own Alawite sect), and the Syrian Christians are just as anti-Semitic and anti-Israel as the Syrian Muslims. Bashar even had the audacity to welcome anti-Semitic Iraqi Christians, instead of letting them stay in Iraq to their inevitable, yet deserved fate. So I support the war against Bashar. A fractured Syria is good for my home country, Israel. I have no problem in letting anti-Semitic Muslims kill other anti-Semitic Christians. It's good for Israel.
    Get off this site.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Another anti-Semite I see. Did you ever live in Israel and suffered from the attacks from Palestinians? 6 million of yours did not die! Ours did! The Palestinians also want to see us dead, just like Hitler.
    No but I know of some Americans who suffered attacks from Israelis. You're clearly trolling and will be banned soon.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL, are you talking about USS Liberty? Those Americans deserved to die because they waged war on Israel by spying. Free Jonathon Pollard!
    Very funny. By the way, I know Syrian Christians and they're great people. You can stop trolling now.