Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul on NPR Friday 2/15/2013 with Tavis Smiley and Cornel West (link to audio)

Ron Paul on NPR Friday 2/15/2013 with Tavis Smiley and Cornel West (link to audio)

Last edited by jct74; 02-18-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://stream.publicbroadcasting.net...is-1024107.mp3

A little over a third of the way through RP interview starts.
    Last edited by Danke; 02-16-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Just finished listening. It was a good interview. Ron should keep talking to liberal hosts and their audiences, especially while Obama is in office and point out the hypocrisies of the droner and chief.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Just finished listening. It was a good interview. Ron should keep talking to liberal hosts and their audiences, especially while Obama is in office and point out the hypocrisies of the droner and chief.
    I agree, especially with Rand hitting the conservatives spots so hard

From listening to it, it sounds like Ron is doing a round of promotion for his radio 're-debut'
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

It took me a few minutes to wrap my head around the fact that I was listening to media of people talking about politics who were genuinely attempting to understand each other's philosophy. It would seem the goal was elevation of understanding as opposed to manipulating listeners with soundbytes.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

I too think those two are sincere people.If you're American,ask them to get Yaron Brook on?He's better at condensing Liberty than Ron except (from my point of view) he eschews religion.

Dr. Paul has had a rough couple weeks, but this interview is excellent. In 30 minutes I was reminded (as if I needed it) why I respect this man so much. He is an EDUCATOR, you listen to him trying to approach each issue from a position that Smiley, West, and their audience might understand as opposed to the typical blunt/righteous/pretentious response you might hear from your average libertarian/voluntaryist (myself included). Smiley and West were gracious hosts and Dr. Paul was spot on throughout.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    It took me a few minutes to wrap my head around the fact that I was listening to media of people talking about politics who were genuinely attempting to understand each other's philosophy. It would seem the goal was elevation of understanding as opposed to manipulating listeners with soundbytes.
    I agree. Would there were more of that in media. Hopefully Ron's webcasting will offer more.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I heard this earlier. Great interview and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Ron Paul joins NPR's Smiley and West to discuss drones, Libertarianism, and his new radio program, Ron Paul's America.

http://youtu.be/OYHIAMHdydk

Yea! I can promote it now!!

Yep! The thing is all three men are generally respectful people. And West and Smiley don't mind giving Obama a hard time just like Paul didn't mind giving Bush a hard time.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Smiley had a great interview with Ron on the TV or cable show he had early in the campaign, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yep! The thing is all three men are generally respectful people. And West and Smiley don't mind giving Obama a hard time just like Paul didn't mind giving Bush a hard time.
    About half way through the interview. Great great stuff so far!!

Ron Paul. I just love the way he respectfully shares his views. The guy is a lesson in how to transcend the childish, the destructive and the inane political name-calling that's far too prevalent in our society. As I've come to understand Ron Paul, I too have come to realize that instead of demonizing those with different viewpoints, it's far more constructive (and intellectually rewarding) to engage this kind of helpful, insightful dialogue.

Really, I'd listen to these three discuss the issues every day.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottditzen View Post
    Ron Paul. I just love the way he respectfully shares his views. The guy is a lesson in how to transcend the childish, the destructive and the inane political name-calling that's far too prevalent in our society. As I've come to understand Ron Paul, I too have come to realize that instead of demonizing those with different viewpoints, it's far more constructive (and intellectually rewarding) to engage this kind of helpful, insightful dialogue.

Really, I'd listen to these three discuss the issues every day.

I agree. We need discussion, not partisan rally calls, and a lot more of it.

This interview is a great example of what Ron Paul meant when he talked about building coalitions. There are many issues we agree with the left on, particularly civil liberties and corporate welfare.

Wish the discussion could have went on another hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    This interview is a great example of what Ron Paul meant when he talked about building coalitions. There are many issues we agree with the left on, particularly civil liberties and corporate welfare.
    On some level there's truth to that, but critical progressive thinkers like Tavis and Cornell West are few and far between. And they still haven't applied that credulity to the social programs they champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    On some level there's truth to that, but critical progressive thinkers like Tavis and Cornell West are few and far between. And they still haven't applied that credulity to the social programs they champion.
    Gleen Greenwald is by far the best of the lot. Guy is really good, except of course on economics...(moralistic property rights).
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Break it down Dr. Paul! Individualism Vs Collectivism is the crux every time.

Ron made my day...again

Wonderful interview on so many levels.

What a jewel of an interview. These guys are great.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just listened to it this morning, and I was reminded why this man cured my apathy, and opened my eyes to libertarianism, anti-statism, etc.

Also, please note that he did not at any point hedge his words. He confidently, but politely, stated his actual position.

never did care for "Soul Brother #1" Cornell West but atleast he isnt OReilly
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Just listened to it this morning, and I was reminded why this man cured my apathy, and opened my eyes to libertarianism, anti-statism, etc.

Also, please note that he did not at any point hedge his words. He confidently, but politely, stated his actual position.
    Yeah. It's a great interview. And he's.... Ron Paul.

Sunday bump

anyone notice that ron paul is a conflict theorist? comes out a lot on this interview

sent this to my sociology professor, he listens to NPR all the time but missed this interview so I made sure he got the chance to hear it
    Last edited by randpaul2016; 02-25-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randpaul2016 View Post
    anyone notice that ron paul is a conflict theorist? comes out a lot on this interview

sent this to my sociology professor, he listens to NPR all the time but missed this interview so I made sure he got the chance to hear it
    explain how ron is a conflict theorist.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast