Thread: Massie on Fox Business Network's "Markets Now" 2/15/2013 (VIDEO ADDED)

Massie on Fox Business Network's "Markets Now" 2/15/2013 (VIDEO ADDED)

http://www.facebook.com/RepThomasMassie?fref=ts#

I’ll be on Fox Business Network’s ‘Markets Now’ tomorrow at 11:50AM. Be sure to tune in!

Good stuff! Maybe they will be talking about hemp.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-15-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: video added

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice!

Hemp? meh. I guess. I hope it is more than that, I'd like to see him stretch out a bit, given this is a 'markets' show. But I look forward to seeing it.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-14-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Tube:

Last edited by Confederate; 02-15-2013 at 05:21 PM.

What a horrible freeze screen picture. Can you do anything to make the freeze screen (or whatever you call it) something else?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    What a horrible freeze screen picture. Can you do anything to make the freeze screen (or whatever you call it) something else?
    lol, you're right. I changed it, but it might take a bit to refresh on here. Can you add the tube to the OP and update the title?

I was going to put it on the front page, but after that I can.

OK, done, that looks much better!
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-15-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I was going to put it on the front page, but after that I can.

OK, done, that looks much better!
    It still shows the awkward one for me on this page, but the new one everywhere else I've posted it. Weird.

Thanks for front-paging it!

I'd rather see us educate and produce more students in the S.T.E.M. program here at home. H1B is a dangerous thing to continue to prop up. Without it we would collapse in our current state, I understand that. To support the continuation of bringing in foreign students is supporting the failures in our education system as it is. Or a convenient means of ignoring them. H1B isn't the answer. We need to educate our own.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-15-2013 at 06:19 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I'd rather see us educate and produce more students in the S.T.E.M. program here at home. H1B is a dangerous thing to continue to prop up. Without it we would collapse. To support bringing in foreign students is supporting the failures in our education system as it is. Or a convenient means of ignoring them. H1B isn't the answer.
    There will always be a huge amount of foreign students at American universities, especially in high-skill and research fields. It makes sense to try and get those people to stay after they finish their degrees/research.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    There will always be a huge amount of foreign students at American universities, especially in high-skill and research fields. It makes sense to try and get those people to stay after they finish their degrees/research.
    Almost 100% is where it sits. I'm glad this came up in that discussion though. When I hear this discussion move in this direction it's very easy to see where it is bechmarked from a realist perspective. As in, "We've always done it this way so lets continue" but from a visionary perspective and placing more importance in our own youth though this leaves one to wonder. At least it should. Will look forward to hearing from Massie again in those little chit chats.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-15-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Massie is one of those junior statesmen that I hope will continue on with liberty after ron/rand. i hope he will get his name out there more and more.

Fabulous video! Great job to Congressman Massie!

According to the Reuters-Ipsos panel, Hindus went 77% for Obama - 23% for Romney (sample size = 101), despite Romney's repeated pledges to staple a green card to every advanced STEM diploma.

Massie wants more Anti-American racist voters to be placed in positions of influence over the information infrastructure of the US. If that's not what he wants then he's too stupid to hold office because that's what he's doing.
    Sortocracy: Sorting proponents of political theories into governments that test them.

Quote Originally Posted by jabowery View Post
    Massie wants more Anti-American racist voters to be placed in positions of influence over the information infrastructure of the US. If that's not what he wants then he's too stupid to hold office because that's what he's doing.
    I don't think that's it at all. In fact, making it an issue of race which has historically been the preferred narrative among purely political thinkers only stifles relevance and removes the more important factors from the terms of controversy. Also beneficial if one is in the business of politics and discussing such things from a market perspective to have race trump spew if one also has a largely scientifically illiterate support base, a predisposed opinion on education in whole and no clear vision of where education relative to S.T.E.M. is headed and applied in American classrooms today to American students. Race as the premise for debate is nonsensical spin and really only keeps discussion purely political. Nope. Congressman Massie is tinkering in an area which has largely been accepted as normal procedure among geopolitical money changers since the days of Apollo. These times are changing and I think he'll have to defend his premise in terms of big boy speak and among those who would present a different narrative outside of the old Fox Business we ask you decide mind screw. When it comes to the nuts and bolts of the matter one can rest assured that Fox Business won't get to control the terms of controversy as they truly relate. That's a chit chat for another platform though. I don't particularly want to bash the guy. But there is a much broader debate to be made. And it's one that will absolutely happen. Just not around here is all. And that's unfortunate, really.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-03-2013 at 02:01 AM.