Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I don't have time to be longwinded especially when I can simply post other stuff easily.

Did you watch the video I posted?
    No, I don't have time to watch a 90 minute video.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How many counties did you win in TN in 2012?
    I wasn't operating in TN in 2012, but I did help win the entire state of Minnesota for Ron.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    In my experience with speaking to people at Ron Paul events,
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

many people who were there were NOT people who voted over and over and over again for the same damned thing (expecting different results). They were not typical Republicans. They needed to be reached in unconventional ways.
    And very few of them vote... the ones that do are not nearly enough to win a Republican nomination. Which is why you must target likely Republican voters.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You should take the time so that you can understand how political marketing actually works.

You should take the time so that you can understand how political marketing actually works.
    I miss the good old days when it was just good old fashioned representation of, by and for the people. You know? You liked a feller and figured he'd represent you well and so you sent him to represent you. Now we have political marketing. It has completely flip flopped. And we wonder why things keep getting worse. It's like American Idol up in this biatch. We have politicians standing in front of cameras sucking on super big gulps after speeches and endorsements like it's the Pepsi 500 or something. You know how the Nascar driver always takes a big drink of his sponsors product after he wins a race and they have the camera on him? Same thing. Freakin nutz...
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-24-2014 at 04:18 PM.

What does HQ have to do with anything? Run your own ads through a PAC locally and get local meetup supporters to pool their money together.
    Or, step up and do it yourself...oh, wait...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I miss the good old days when it was just good old fashioned representation of, by and for the people. You know? You liked a feller and figured he'd represent you well and so you sent him to represent you. Now we have political marketing. It has completely flip flopped.

LOLz.... "the good old days" never existed....

You can't seem to explain anything in your own words without hiding behind a 90-minute video [...]
    I don't have time [...] Did you watch the video I posted?
    You should take the time [...]
    There! You see? Don't you understand, cajun?

Matt haz mad skillz - and HIS time is far too precious for HIM to waste any time trying to convince YOU of what HE wants YOU to think.
    Instead, it is YOUR responsibilty to do it for him - it is up to YOU to spend YOUR time convincing yourself of what HE wants YOU to think.

And if you don't - well, that just goes to show what an obstinately ignorant and unsophistiated rube you are ...

Damn, gave a +rep in my haste to neg rep. Can someone cover with a neg to make up the difference?

A 90 minute video does not truly equate to a minor in marketing. Though I'm sure you think so.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Grassroots built a brand. We owned the internet. We owned social media. We reached the disaffected. We raised funds for a candidate like no other before.
    RonPaul,Inc., Jesse Benton, Teh Collinz, et tal sold us down the river for their future gains. The campaign was winnable. Where the load was dropped fell only on RonPaul, Inc. They dropped the ball when a score was needed most. They and NO others. Not AF or many others on these forums. Deals were made. We were not privy to them.
    Yep. We're always told of Official this, Official that, long term vision/strategy...

Grassroots IS about as long term vision as you can get -and here's how I figure:

What I most love about grassroots is the sense of the "Plan B" that they have in place and ready to go. They are the Plan B.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post

"Supporter generated"

You can build brands in many ways.
    You know....when I compare ^that to this:

Hmmmm.....which was the bigger waste of money again?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yourlogicalfallacy is blah blah blah blah
    You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I don't have time to be longwinded especially when I can simply post other stuff easily.

Did you watch the video I posted?
    Yah, don't ya'll know that Teh Collinz is a busy man.

Too busy to respond to you plebes.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Cognitive Dissonance goes "spoink"?

Grassroots built a brand. We owned the internet. We owned social media. We reached the disaffected. We raised funds for a candidate like no other before.

RonPaul,Inc., Jesse Benton, Teh Collinz, et tal sold us down the river for their future gains. The campaign was winnable. Where the load was dropped fell only on RonPaul, Inc. They dropped the ball when a score was needed most. They and NO others. Not AF or many others on these forums. Deals were made. We were not privy to them.
    Yes, yes we did.

Heady days, united in one common purpose.

I miss 2007, badly.

You fail to understand this:

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to talk with your mouth full?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I've actually been contemplating a personally funded solar balloon billboard for RAND2016

From what I understand, you can go up to 300' high on tethers without any kind of permit.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Explain...
    What about all of the television viewers that see the story about the blimp on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, local affiliates, etc?

A 90 minute video does not truly equate to a minor in marketing. Though I'm sure you think so.
    Of course not. But I do have a minor in marketing and years of experience at this point in political marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    What about all of the television viewers that see the story about the blimp on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, local affiliates, etc?
    They don't matter because most of them are not likely Republican voters in the early states.

And even if they were, a blimp makes us look fringe which scares most voters.

makes us look fringe which scares most voters.
    And there you have it folks.

It is not the blimp.

Or the sign waves.

Or the ads.

Or anything else the grassroots did.

You and I are "the fringe".

And we are not welcome in the Collins/Benton scheme of things.

And they have made this clear for years now.

The thing that pisses me off more than anything else is: even though we are the fringe, and an embarrassment on the DC cocktail party circuit, that didn't/doesn't stop Ron/Rand Paul Inc.© from wheedling money from good and decent folks.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-24-2014 at 06:41 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They don't matter because most of them are not likely Republican voters in the early states.
    So voters in early primary states don't watch TV? That's odd. I guess in 2016 Rand shouldn't do TV debates because most of the people watching the debates will not be likely Republican voters in early primary states. And if your argument is "Well the money could have been better spent", remember that at the time Ron Paul Inc had more campaign money than it knew what to do with.

Yes. Because clearly this ad won over lots of votes only to be scared away by the blimp.

Again, you're showing your marketing ignorance. "Likely Republican voters" were never Ron's base. There were many more people like me and the other good people on this board out there who needed to be reached. Those people aren't "scared" of people who are different (aka "fringe"). They're not used to rubbing elbows with the country club GOP establishment.

Coke learned that lesson in 1985....they tried to grab Pepsi drinkers with "New Coke" and overlooked the fact that they would piss off their own consumer base by changing the formula of their successful product.

Setting that lecture aside though, I fail to see how a blimp makes a candidate look "fringe" anyway. I'm serious. It's just another marketing tool....there's nothing fringe about it. MetLife and Goodyear use blimps in their advertising campaigns. They're quite mainstream.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 11-24-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Of course not. But I do have a minor in marketing and years of experience at this point in political marketing.
    I used to dabble in Este's rockets but I don't claim to be a rocket scientist.

You've burnt any reputation on these forums you once had. You should just leave.

In fact, I'm gonna burn your rep bar every chance I get. Because, I'm an $#@! like that. Every post you make I'm gonna neg when It's available. You don't deserve a "has a brilliant future" moniker.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-24-2014 at 06:55 PM.

I wasn't operating in TN in 2012, but I did help win the entire state of Minnesota for Ron.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

See, I can do that too.

Setting that lecture aside though, I fail to see how a blimp makes a candidate look "fringe" anyway. I'm serious. It's just another marketing tool....there's nothing fringe about it. MetLife and Goodyear use blimps in their advertising campaigns. They're quite mainstream.
    I think the only grassroots idea that the "experts" don't slam is the moneybomb. Gee...I wonder why?

Again, you're showing your marketing ignorance. "Likely Republican voters" were never Ron's base. There were many more people like me and the other good people on this board out there who needed to be reached. Those people aren't "scared" of people who are different (aka "fringe"). They're not used to rubbing elbows with the country club GOP establishment.
    Again, exactly.

Not sure if Collinz is just trolling us or is really that dense.

Your "typical" GOP primary voter hated Ron, they booed him when he quoted Christ from the Bible for $#@!'s sake.

That Warvangelical mob was never gonna be swayed to a Paul presidency.

The whole point was to get new, fresh blood in, and energize those people, like me, who had thrown up their hands in disgust and walked from the whole mess years before.

And in spite of what Collins or other "insider" halfwits have to say about it, I am goddamned proud to have been part of it, and met some of the most dedicated and sincere and hardworking people for liberty I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

So many good names in old threads, gone by the wayside.

It was a once in a lifetime experience.

And there wouldn't be a Rand Paul 2016© for these political leeches to attach themselves to if it wasn't for all of us.

Never forget that.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-24-2014 at 08:25 PM.

You haven't used it well.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast