Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What--you don't believe in 'shaping' the Gospel to better suit a room full of bloodthirsty neocons?
    No, I actually think he's right about that *if* you're running to win, which Ron wasn't. We know that because Matt told us that. And I am largely fine with that - those lightening Ron Paul moments....I wouldn't trade them for the world. (Another personal favorite was Paul referring to Huckabee while quoting Sinclair Lewis. I was listening while brushing my teeth, and I had the pleasure of seeing my reaction in the mirror.)

My remark was more personal, in that Matt manages to piss of the denizens of RPF every time he opens his mouth, but yet seems to think that's acceptable because he has an important message to spread.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Ah, the beautiful irony of this...I'm verklempt....it's art.
    Shaping the message is working AWESOMELY! The Value Voters Summit straw poll is 100% proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    What I notice was that Gunny was gerrymandered out of office.

So it looks like you're gonna hafta move those goalposts again ...
    That is exactly what happened.

This "system" that Matt loves so much recognized the threat and moved to neutralize it.

Glen had built a base of popular support that the state party yanked right out from underneath him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

This "system" that Matt loves so much recognized the threat and moved to neutralize it.

Glen had built a base of popular support that the state party yanked right out from underneath him.

Yes. The Republicans drawing the lines preferred to have a Democrat in their house than a successful liberty candidate in their party. And that's not a fluke.

Yes. The Republicans drawing the lines preferred to have a Democrat in their house than a successful liberty candidate in their party. And that's not a fluke.
    All playing for the same team.

Never fails to amaze me how many chumps like Collins swallow the story every election cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.
    Neg rep

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I'm honestly curious why Matt Collins is allowed to repeatedly lie, make false claims, and break the guidelines:
    "1) Operate with ethically sound principles.
    • Be honest and truthful.
    "

He rarely, if ever, provides a link, a picture, a video to any actual question asked of him, and instead of answering questions will refer people to things like reading War & Peace, or watching it, to learn nothing new about the actual question(s) asked.

I understand he and others in 2012 that couldn't accept Ron Paul 2012's outright lies then, and were simply trying to "trim the fat" around here because they didn't want those around that were asking legitimate questions and stating obvious things about the campaign's dishonesty. They couldn't have liberty supporters trying to shine a light on the darkness in our midst. It might have prevented future fundraising efforts from being as successful as they have been in the past.

I mean, when you have taken paychecks from Ron Paul Inc., and apparently are HOPING to continue to get more in the future, it makes sense to defend ANYTHING they do, even if that is lying to supporters. And apparently, even becoming a liar yourself.

I hope some of the grassroots have learned from the mistakes of trusting the "professionals" as in 2008 and 2012, and we can use those experiences in the future. Though, because I have seen sabotage and outright lying from our "own", it honestly makes me question what, if any, good will come through the political process. It seems the only reason to be involved in politics, at the national level, is for the money.

Ron Paul vs. Ron Paul Inc., watch this video before donating one dime to any "liberty" organization, and before attending any plastic chicken dinner liberty event where you are supposed to "learn" the ways of the machine. If you are interested in working for Rand in 2016, or any of the Ron Paul Inc., organizations, the video is well worth a watch, so that you can see certain things you may need to avoid doing on any application or survey you are asked to fill out:

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    Where does Matt Collins teach?
    Whether he does or not remains to be verified. And whether he advises candidates also remains to be verified. He won't give it to me because I won't accept his "friend request" on FB. Here's what Glen (Gunny) states about Matt's claim that he advised Glen on his campaign. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...do#post5703942
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post
    Hydrogen-filled airships are a relic of the far distant past, trollish one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Hydrogen-filled airships are a relic of the far distant past, trollish one.
    Add a proton to hydrogen and you get helium.

What I notice was that Gunny was gerrymandered out of office.

So it looks like you're gonna hafta move those goalposts again ...
    That's true. leadership was in a panic because I was polling really high for re-election so they basically eliminated my district entirely. Ended up double-bunking me with one of the few guys I didn't really want to see gone, threw him $200k the next day and pressured me into a Senate race against a guy they gave $900k. My county is the worst VRA redistrict in the State. They struggled HARD to find an excuse to cut my district, and they eliminate the entire black population, since they knew I did well with the black vote.

Throw a proton into an eight hundred foot long bag of hydrogen and you get called a sophist and an idiot.

As for helium, the recipe also calls for another electron and a couple of neutrons. But thanks for sharing anyway. Would you like your 'participation trophy' now?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-28-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

And specifically eliminated all of my access to black voters, because I had won the black vote out of Halifax County.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They actually did this to Ron Paul, as I recall, only he fought for and won the new district. Then again his opponent there was a jerkwad, and Collins was one of maybe four people I actually wanted to see stay in there lol. You know they did that on purpose too.

Zuh?

neg rep for stupidity and sock puppet possibility

Thank you for proving my point.
    And what point was that, Matt? That you can't verify you're not an instructor or an advisor to candidates? If you don't want to verify it to me in PM because you think I'm not trustworthy, then pick someone else to verify it. Maybe Bryan? You trust him, don't you? Come on, Matt.....you claim you're an authority - prove it or stfu!! Otherwise we'll have to conclude that you're nothing but a fraud. If you want respect, then prove you are what you say you are.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

LMAO it takes a little more than just a proton, and unless you have invented a process of nuclear fusion for gaseous Helium atoms, Helium atoms are not volatile to explosive oxidation like Hydrogen. This is knowledge held by third graders and such.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    neg rep for stupidity and sock puppet possibility
    Ah. The 'participation trophy'.

Can we pat him on the head and send him away now?

Matt? It that you?

What--you don't believe in 'shaping' the Gospel to better suit a room full of bloodthirsty neocons?

Or are you more impressed by the chutzpah inherent in pretending that you saw it coming that a room full of Republicans would boo the words of Jesus and implying that you could have prevented it?

I think what she's saying is that he's saying you need to tailor your message so the audience doesn't boo, all the while not noticing he is consistently booed here on RPF.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I think what she's saying is that he's saying you need to tailor your message so the audience doesn't boo, all the while not noticing he is consistently booed here on RPF.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure he's noticed that he is consistently booed here. It's just that he's a hypocrite ...

Oh, I'm pretty sure he's noticed that he is consistently booed here. It's just that he's a hypocrite ...
    ...who figures 'I have 40,000 posts on RPF' looks good on his resume'--and none of Rand's resume' evaluators will come here and see if any one of that forty grand was impressive.

or a pathological narcissist. Every boo contributes to the greatness of his overarching supremacy. At one point he is better because he is accepted, at another point he is better because he is rejected. Either way he spins it to himself so that it makes him better. Rejecting the objective, one gets spun right into a false reality and detached. Enter the pathology, detachment from reality. However, rather than make it a bigger deal than it should be because it sounds so bad, somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 of the human race are probably detached from reality today.

Uh.... what part of "Gunny didn't get reelected" was a lie?
    All of it. Including the obvious and false presumption that I ran for reelection. lol logical fallacy man. lmao

ETA - lmaoing because Der Kollinz Die Fallacyman is performing a classic one and probably doesn't even know it

If the grassroots message is different than the candidate's then it hurts the candidate (9/11 conspiracy is an example of this).
    Since you're so into polls do you have an actual poll that says "If you don't like Ron Paul what is the reason?" I'm betting you don't. If you do please post a link to the results and to the polling methodology. In all of the phone backing, door knocking and signature gathering I did, 9/11 never came up. Foreign policy did. The newsletters did as well.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Since you're so into polls do you have an actual poll that says "If you don't like Ron Paul what is the reason?" I'm betting you don't. If you do please post a link to the results and to the polling methodology. In all of the phone backing, door knocking and signature gathering I did, 9/11 never came up. Foreign policy did. The newsletters did as well.
    The campaign did not release our internals.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    All of it. Including the obvious and false presumption that I ran for reelection. lol logical fallacy man. lmao
    You are inferring something in my statement that wasn't there. "You didn't get re-elected" is a true statement.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You are inferring something in my statement that wasn't there. "You didn't get re-elected" is a true statement.
    Which implies that I ran for reelection.

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast