Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I think the only grassroots idea that the "experts" don't slam is the moneybomb. Gee...I wonder why?
    Exactly. +rep.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the only grassroots idea that the "experts" don't slam is the moneybomb. Gee...I wonder why?
    Oh yes they did.

They about had a fit of apoplexy at the Fifth of November idea, the first one of course.

Then they saw all the money, and were willing to pipe down a little bit.

But they still crabbed that it $#@!ed up their accounting all in one big lump sum.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh yes they did.

They about had a fit of apoplexy at the Fifth of November idea, the first one of course.

But they still crabbed that it $#@!ed up their accounting all in one big lump sum.
    I DO remember something about that. Fug me.

Oh yes they did.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Full disclosure, I never was comfortable with the association with Guy Fawkes. Anyway, today one of my sons asked me who Guy Fawkes was.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Again, exactly.

Not sure if Collinz is just trolling us or is really that dense.

Your "typical" GOP primary voter hated Ron, they booed him when he quoted Christ from the Bible for $#@!'s sake.

That Warvangelical mob was never gonna be swayed to a Paul presidency.

The whole point was to get new, fresh blood in, and energize those people, like me, who had thrown up their hands in disgust and walked from the whole mess years before.

And in spite of what Collins or other "insider" halfwits have to say about it, I am goddamned proud to have been part of it, and met some of the most dedicated and sincere and hardworking people for liberty I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

So many good names in old threads like, gone by the wayside.

It was a once in lifetime experience.

And there wouldn't be a Rand Paul 2016© for these political leeches to attach themselves to if it wasn't for all of us.

Never forget that.
    Matt mentioned a few posts up the channel here that the people I was speaking about don't vote (which is something I brought up myself in my original post).

Yes, I acknowledged that, and the reason why: they were -- and many still are -- fed up with the system. I was among them. Seeing Ron Paul run for POTUS gave me hope. My point was to reach many, many more people like me ...and you, AF. You can't micro-target that and you can't build it by sending mailers to Mr. & Mrs. Caviar and Champaign Republican Country Club. You said it: those people wanted nothing to do with Ron. We might be fringe (and I don't care if Matt calls me that), but we needed more fringe....not less.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Matt mentioned a few posts up the channel here that the people I was speaking about don't vote (which is something I brought up myself in my original post).

Yes, I acknowledged that, and the reason why: they were -- and many still are -- fed up with the system. I was among them. Seeing Ron Paul run for POTUS gave me hope. My point was to reach many, many more people like me ...and you, AF. You can't micro-target that and you can't build it by sending mailers to Mr. & Mrs. Caviar and Champaign Republican Country Club. You said it: those people wanted nothing to do with Ron. We might be fringe (and I don't care if Matt calls me that), but we needed more fringe....not less.
    Quite right.

The only way you'll appeal to them is either:

A - Become one of them.

B - Lie.

(And to choose B means that, ultimately, you'll be choosing A)
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Full disclosure, I never was comfortable with the association with Guy Fawkes. Anyway, today one of my sons asked me who Guy Fawkes was.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    did you tell him, he was the guy who tried to kill King James?
    (yes, THAT King James. )

the blimp was my very first "political" donation.. EVARR!!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Actually if you were there, you will remember that the mask and the 5th of November was not really about "Guy Fawkes" but rather "V for Vendetta". If you watch the movie you understand what the true meaning of our "5th of November" in 2007 was all about...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Actually if you were there, you will remember that the mask and the 5th of November was not really about "Guy Fawkes" but rather "V for Vendetta". If you watch the movie you understand what the true meaning of our "5th of November" in 2007 was all about...
    Exactly.
    I never understood the people against it. The movie V was a perfect tie in for the message we wanted to send!

And it was a GLORIOUS day. It was the first time in my political life that I did not feel ALONE nor fringe!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

that's true. I did not learn about guy Fawkes until much later.
    the "gunpowder plot" 1605. publishing of the King James "version" 1611.
    perhaps they were trying to kill his mother?
    idk. but the dates are correct.
    the Geneva or Shakespeare's Bible was predominate at the time.. (I think..)
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    that's true. I did not learn about guy Fawkes until much later.
    the "gunpowder plot" 1605. publishing of the King James "version" 1611.
    perhaps they were trying to kill his mother?
    idk. but the dates are correct.
    the Geneva or Shakespeare's Bible was predominate at the time.. (I think..)
    How is it a guy with 844 posts has a "reputation beyond repute?" Just wondering. How many sock puppets are you running?

Yah, don't ya'll know that Teh Collinz is a busy man.

Too busy to respond to you plebes.
    That's what makes him such a great liaison to the grassroots.

He annoys me so much that I'd consider banning him if that were my position, but on the flip side--every post he makes puts him deeper in the hole.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How is it a guy with 844 posts has a "reputation beyond repute?" Just wondering. How many sock puppets are you running?
    I normally get along VERY well with Anarchist's.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So voters in early primary states don't watch TV? That's odd. I guess in 2016 Rand shouldn't do TV debates because most of the people watching the debates will not be likely Republican voters in early primary states. And if your argument is "Well the money could have been better spent", remember that at the time Ron Paul Inc had more campaign money than it knew what to do with.
    Some watch the debate, but the debate tends to set the narrative, unless countered by other direct marketing such as direct mail.

Of everyone who watches TV, less than 15% will be voting in a Republican primary.... it may be as low as 9% in some cases.

And yes, that money could've better been spent on other more direct marketing. In 2007 they screwed up because they didn't know what they were doing.

Yes. Because clearly this ad won over lots of votes only to be scared away by the blimp.

Yes, that ad was awful, I don't think anyone thinks it was good, including former staffers from '07.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    That's what makes him such a great liaison to the grassroots.

He annoys me so much that I'd consider banning him if that were my position, but on the flip side--every post he makes puts him deeper in the hole.
    just curious, does that mean..
    you are not "grassroots"?

or did I miss something?

Again, you're showing your marketing ignorance. "Likely Republican voters" were never Ron's base. There were many more people like me and the other good people on this board out there who needed to be reached. Those people aren't "scared" of people who are different (aka "fringe"). They're not used to rubbing elbows with the country club GOP establishment.
    And they don't make up enough people to win a Republican primary. So if you want to win a Republican primary then you have to market to the Republican base..... duh.....

Setting that lecture aside though, I fail to see how a blimp makes a candidate look "fringe" anyway. I'm serious. It's just another marketing tool....there's nothing fringe about it. MetLife and Goodyear use blimps in their advertising campaigns. They're quite mainstream.
    It helps feed the narrative that Ron is quirky and an odd ball... you didn't see any other candidates with a blimp did you?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Your "typical" GOP primary voter hated Ron, they booed him when he quoted Christ from the Bible for $#@!'s sake.
    Yes, and that's because Ron didn't frame and phrase things in a way that made it so they wouldn't boo him. You can't win a Republican primary without Republican primary voters.

You do? Or is that just more garbage that you spew?

did you tell him, he was the guy who tried to kill King James?
    (yes, THAT King James. )
    Yes I know he tried to kill King James and put a Catholic monarch on the thrown and that's part of the reason I'm not a fan of Guy Fawkes. He was merely trying to replace one statist with another. And I'm personally a fan of the KJV. (Have a NKJV myself).

the blimp was my very first "political" donation.. EVARR!!
    The blimp really was a cool idea.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You and I are "the fringe".

And we are not welcome in the Collins/Benton scheme of things.

And they have made this clear for years now.
    No, I wrote about the perception of being fringe... perception in politics is most of the time more important that reality

Again, I didn't even know who HVACTech was until just recently.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you'll note my sign up date you'll realize I was there and I am aware of V for Vendetta. That doesn't mean that I agree with the "logic" of using Guy Fawkes as a "liberty mascot".

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Yes, and that's because Ron didn't frame and phrase things in a way that made it so they wouldn't boo him. You can't win a Republican primary without Republican primary voters.
    Are suggesting that Ron lie about what Christ said in the bible to score a few cheap political points?

Or just spin it better for the Warvangelicals?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, I wrote about the perception of being fringe... perception in politics is most of the time more important that reality
    So, "mainstream" activism is out and "fringe" activism is out.

Leaving nothing but Collins/Benton approved activism.

That about sum it up?

Or "anarchist" sock puppets.

Yes I know he tried to kill King James and put a Catholic monarch on the thrown and that's part of the reason I'm not a fan of Guy Fawkes. He was merely trying to replace one statist with another. And I'm personally a fan of the KJV. (Have a NKJV myself).

The blimp really was a cool idea.
    we got hijacked. just like what happened with the Tea Party..

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Again, I didn't even know who HVACTech was until just recently.
    Out of the blue with a "reputation beyond repute" moniker. Amazing. It'd be interesting if the mods checked his rep history.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast