Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I've been to these classes. They are insightful towards making enemy politicians vote the way you want them on rare occasions. That is a single screwdriver in an entire bag slam full of tools.
    Beats the hell out of thinking anything is being furthered by griping on an internet forum or doing a sign wave?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Beats the hell out of thinking anything is being furthered by griping on an internet forum or doing a sign wave?
    Thanks for showing up to the party late and trying to stir the pot. It ain't working. Have a rep burn on me.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Thanks for showing up to the party late and trying to stir the pot. It ain't working. Have a rep burn on me.
    Right back atcha, skippy.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

It's billed as everything you need to win, then they hand you a screwdriver and say if you want to win races hire Sabre. He discusses things that Activist PACs call 'good practice.'

It's billed as everything you need to win, then they hand you a screwdriver and say if you want to win races hire Sabre. He discusses things that Activist PACs call 'good practice.'
    Sounds about right.

Right back atcha, skippy.
    Bless your heart. Let me return....

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I've been to these classes. They are insightful towards making enemy politicians vote the way you want them on rare occasions. That is a single screwdriver in an entire bag slam full of tools.
    Sounds like a waste of time IMO, especially based on what I know of them, and probably money for most around here. I would hope that we all have the phone numbers of our "public servants" saved and dialed often, as well as writing SWLOD, and even visiting our "public servants'" offices if issues arise or for issues that we think are important.

Before anybody around here attends these waste of time classes, and ESPECIALLY before PAYING to attend any of them, please watch the video below. It might save you a few dimes, and even help you MAKE a few dimes by knowing how to answer certain questions on surveys at these events, if you are hoping to get a job with one of the "liberty" organizations:

Skip to the 27:10 mark for the discussion on seminars and surveys at them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh9F...tu.be&t=27m10s

And Skippy is playing a game seeing how many sequential neg reps he can give me. lol. How mature of you.
    ================

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    Sounds like a waste of time IMO, especially based on what I know of them, and probably money for most around here. I would hope that we all have the phone numbers of our "public servants" saved and dialed often, as well as writing SWLOD, and even visiting our "public servants'" offices if issues arise or for issues that we think are important.

Before anybody around here attends these waste of time classes, and ESPECIALLY before PAYING to attend any of them, please watch the video below. It might save you a few dimes, and even help you MAKE a few dimes by knowing how to answer certain questions on surveys at these events, if you are hoping to get a job with one of the "liberty" organizations:

HAHAHAHA. Like Wenzel should be the judge of anything at all. You have GOT to be kidding, Doyle. lol
    ================

Don't get me wrong, you get a really good hard dataload of some really useful stuff in that class, so take the class, but just know up front the whole thing is a gimmick, and also one of Matt's trust downlines to R Inc. A trust, as exemplified by his dishonesty of late (and i have now learned, historically), that he just does not merit. Go to C4L and find the classes and take them from there. When you find a cancer you starve it, not feed it. That's how a body heals.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

HAHAHAHA. Like Wenzel should be the judge of anything at all. You have GOT to be kidding, Doyle. lol
    Wenzel did the interview, not the information on Ron Paul Inc.
    The information came from Dennis Fusaro, the guy that found out about the dishonest within Ron Paul 2012 and gave Jesse Benton months to come clean on the dishonesty within Ron Paul 2012 on the Kent Sorenson issue.

And Skippy is playing a game seeing how many sequential neg reps he can give me. lol. How mature of you.
    You should know. Here's your maturity showing. Real knee slapper....as well as your race baiting thread.

Haven't seen ya around in a while. Nice of you to drop in. Been over a month since you graced us with your presence. Did Teh Collins call and say we were picking on him. Besides your race bait post and the other St. Louis thread this is the only other that you decided to pick up on. Glad to see ya back. Stay a spell.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-01-2014 at 11:15 PM.

I have no love for Collins. This isn't about him. He was talking about going to one of the leadership classes. He doesn't run them, or to my knowledge, profit off of them.

You can hate Collins all you want and still want to have the tools under your belt for how to win. Call it multi-tasking. lol
    I don't have any problem at all with what you are talking about - and I doubt anyone else does either. I've even watched (twice) the Rothfeld video that Matt is so fond of posting - and within the context of seeking particular kinds of political/electoral victories, it's all good. If Matt simply said, "Hey, everybody, practical strategies like this are an important element of what the liberty movement is trying to accomplish. Those who are interested in this aspect of things should really pay close attention to this stuff," that would be one thing. That would be fine. And if he promoted, encouraged and advocated for that approach to things without denigrating other approaches, that would be even better.

But that's not what Matt does. Instead, he insists that we must all behave as if that approach is the only important, valid or relevant one. He insists that "likely Republican voters" are the only measure of value. He sneers at "education" as being a useless waste of time. He asserts that anything offered in counter to his declarations are "flukes" or "correlations without causation" or some such. He presents himself as a chaser-off of "riff raff" and an arbiter of the One True Path®. He dismisses folks as "irrelevant" if they don't agree with him about any of these things. And he does all these things while offering brusque "rebuttals" that are no more substantial than one- or two-line dismissals (or links to a lame online catalog of a few informal fallacies). In doing things this way, he makes it "about him" - and people react to that (including myself). It may not be positive, productive or pretty - but it is perfectly predictable. His demeanor does far more to discredit and distract attention away from otherwise sensible suggestions than that of anyone else around here.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-01-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I have no love for Collins. This isn't about him. He was talking about going to one of the leadership classes. He doesn't run them, or to my knowledge, profit off of them.

You can hate Collins all you want and still want to have the tools under your belt for how to win. Call it multi-tasking. lol
    If anyone reading this thread now hasn't already learned the tools to win, without taking advice from Little Napoleon and Rothfeld then they're not 'learned' enough to understand the contents of the thread.

Been awhile since Ive seen you post LE. Everything good with you?
    Last edited by devil21; 12-02-2014 at 03:02 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I don't have any problem at all with what you are talking about - and I doubt anyone else does either. I've even watched (twice) the Rothfeld video that Matt is so fond of posting - and within the context of seeking particular kinds of political/electoral victories, it's all good. If Matt simply said, "Hey, everybody, practical strategies like this are an important element of what the liberty movement is trying to accomplish. Those who are interested in this aspect of things should really pay close attention to this stuff," that would be one thing. That would be fine. And if he promoted, encouraged and advocated for that approach to things without denigrating other approaches, that would be even better.

But that's not what Matt does. Instead, he insists that we must all behave as if that approach is the only important, valid or relevant one. He insists that "likely Republican voters" are the only measure of value. He sneers at "education" as being a useless waste of time. He asserts that anything offered in counter to his declarations are "flukes" or "correlations without causation" or some such. He presents himself as a chaser-off of "riff raff" and an arbiter of the One True Path®. He dismisses folks as "irrelevant" if they don't agree with him about any of these things. And he does all these things while offering brusque "rebuttals" that are no more substantial than one- or two-line dismissals (or links to a lame online catalog of a few informal fallacies). In doing things this way, he makes it "about him" - and people react to that (including myself). It may not be positive, productive or pretty - but it is perfectly predictable. His demeanor does far more to discredit and distract attention away from otherwise sensible suggestions than that of anyone else around here.
    I agree with everything you said. But, this isn't about Collins. Why would anyone want to harm Ron Paul or his campaign, just because they hate Collins? That was the post I first commented about. Collins can only get away with making any of this about him, if people accept it. I just think people are getting lost in the weeds and losing focus of the larger picture. Who cares about Collins? None of us gathered here for him. If we don't remember what that reason is very soon, the idea that this forum might achieve it's mission is all just a lost cause.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If anyone reading this thread now hasn't already learned the tools to win, without taking advice from Little Napoleon and Rothfeld then they're not 'learned' enough to understand the contents of the thread.

Been awhile since Ive seen you post LE. Everything good with you?
    You're kidding, right? Most of the people who know no longer post here. Why would they? This place has devolved into an angry mob, apparently happy just to have a bitch fest on an increasingly obscure website.
    ================

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree with everything you said. But, this isn't about Collins. Why would anyone want to harm Ron Paul or his campaign, just because they hate Collins? That was the post I first commented about. Collins can only get away with making any of this about him, if people accept it. I just think people are getting lost in the weeds and losing focus of the larger picture. Who cares about Collins? None of us gathered here for him. If we don't remember what that reason is very soon, the idea that this forum might achieve it's mission is all just a lost cause.
    Where did anyone say they want to harm Ron Paul or his campaign?

You should know. Here's your maturity showing.
    What's wrong? Too much truth for you? Or is it upsetting your politically-correct sensibilities? Too bad.

Notice the guys on the far left. lol. Pants up, don't loot. Looks pretty accurate to me.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 12-02-2014 at 06:40 AM.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Where did anyone say they want to harm Ron Paul or his campaign?
    What do you think this rhetoric is?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The 2012 campaign was far more troubling for me. The campaign was forbidden by law from coordinating messages with the grassroots. If someone on the campaign payroll was....say, creating alternate identities in an effort to steer the funds and the messages that the internet forum grassroots were funding at the time, it would have been a pretty clear violation of campaign finance law.
    ================

What do you think this rhetoric is?
    I can't speak for what Angela meant by that statement, but it raises a question: if the campaign was forbidden by law from coordinating messages with the grassroots, what was Matt even doing here? It seems Matt was putting the campaign in jeopardy by mingling with the grassroots. What about that??

I can't speak for what Angela meant by that statement, but it raises a question: if the campaign was forbidden by law from coordinating messages with the grassroots, what was Matt even doing here? It seems Matt was putting the campaign in jeopardy by mingling with the grassroots. What about that??
    Could very well have been committing a federal felony.

if the campaign was forbidden by law from coordinating messages with the grassroots, what was Matt even doing here?
    It's not, you don't understand campaign finance law of course.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I didn't claim to understand campaign finance law, of course. But if there's no problem, then I fail to see how Angela's statement could harm the campaign in any way as LE claimed. Can you shed some light on the subject since you're so knowledgable?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It isn't completely forbidden, and the reason you're not taking the time right now to explain it to her is you're mighty fuzzy on it yourself. There were a few of us watching you like a hawk through 2012, which is why the mods were mysteriously able to shut you down quick a couple of times when you failed to toe that line.

And, no, I don't know enough about the statutes of limitation to even consider being specific so you can offer seven pages of denials and excuses.

I don't know what LE is talking about, either, cajun, but if it's still a secret it should be obvious that Matt wasn't involved.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-02-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't claim to understand campaign finance law, of course. But if there's no problem, then I fail to see how Angela's statement could harm the campaign in any way as LE claimed. Can you shed some light on the subject since you're so knowledgable?
    Leave it alone, cocoa.

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post

Waving signs in the street is always a great way to recruit people to your cause...
    Matt, you're so obvious, you're just embarrassing yourself now. Please. You're becoming cringe worthy.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by libertarianinternational View Post

Waving signs in the street is always a great way to recruit people to your cause...
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Matt, you're so obvious, you're just embarrassing yourself now. Please. You're becoming cringe worthy.
    A really good ventriloquist can make his puppet talk even while drinking a glass of water. But MC and LI are never, ever logged in at the same time. I wonder why that is...
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You know, the use of proxies might stymie the mods due to lack of proof. Which is a shame, because if it can be proven LI is someone's sock puppet, the LI account isn't the only one likely to be permabanned.

But if you're convinced, consider this: No one cares about the welfare of a sock puppet account. So, don't negrep LI for those stupid and obnoxious posts--save that for the main account of the person you feel sure is talking through his sock.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    huh?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast