Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: A blimp is a BAD IDEA - here is why

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    yeah, the fake account is sending me link to ************ in my rep menu. who/what is the fake account?
    It's the same zio-shill group I mentioned several pages back in this thread that were working to co-opt the Liberty Candidates subforum (compromise, taftfan and others).

eta: the censored stars are there but if quoted for a reply, the raw text is displayed. now that I see the link I can confirm it is the same zio-shill group. my concern is I suspect that group isn't just an independent bunch but rather is coordinated with the other shenanigans going on here like collins' nonsense and saber connections.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-05-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Stop changing the subject. Your post straight out said that you didn't give a flip about who you hurt, as long as you could dig a knife into Collins by doing it.

It was stupid as all hell.

What makes you think they did?
    Her post you originally quoted didn't say anything of the sort:
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The 2012 campaign was far more troubling for me. The campaign was forbidden by law from coordinating messages with the grassroots. If someone on the campaign payroll was....say, creating alternate identities in an effort to steer the funds and the messages that the internet forum grassroots were funding at the time, it would have been a pretty clear violation of campaign finance law.
    So, what are you talking about?

And, she is talking about Matt Collins being paid by the campaign in 2012 (see: working for it), and posting messages here on the forums during the campaign. I thought it was understood that Matt Collins was the "netroots" guy and so trusted by Jesse Benton that Benton called Collins about Tom Woods, instead of calling Tom Woods directly?

Again though, where did she say, "I don't give a flip about who I hurt, as long as I can dig a knife into Collins"? or, as you said she said, "Your post straight out said that you didn't give a flip about who you hurt"?????

Time Magazine has Rand Paul on the cover. In the story they talk about the Blimp. The Blimp is still generating press coverage seven years later. What commercial for Ron Paul or direct mail piece is still generating stories seven years later. The first step toward winning a campaign is name ID. Since most voters never heard of Ron Paul, getting any attention was better than nothing.

Once the voter gets the name, then you hit the voter with a issue that they might respond in conjunction with the new found name recognition.

What campaign events are still remembered from 2007/08?
    Last edited by Primbs; 12-14-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Primbs View Post
    Time Magazine has Rand Paul on the cover. In the story they talk about the Blimp. The Blimp is still generating press coverage seven years later. What commercial for Ron Paul or direct mail piece is still generating stories seven years later. The first step toward winning a campaign is name ID. Since most voters never heard of Ron Paul, getting any attention was better than nothing.

One the voter gets the name, then you hit the voter with a issue that they might respond in conjunction with the new found name recognition.

The grassroots Tea Party is still being remembered from 2007 and 2008, co-opted, but still remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    The grassroots Tea Party is still being remembered from 2007 and 2008, co-opted, but still remembered.
    Not the event. Just the name.

No, I think it's safe to say Matt Officially Disapproved of the campaign marketing ploy of the millenium.

Does anyone remember any of the marketing ploys he did approve of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not the event. Just the name.

No, I think it's safe to say Matt Officially Disapproved of the campaign marketing ploy of the millenium.

Does anyone remember any of the marketing ploys he did approve of?
    I think Collins is jealous that the blimp wasn't his idea and he can't take credit for it.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I think Collins is jealous that the blimp wasn't his idea and he can't take credit for it.
    I think the fact that we're rude enough to keep bumping this thread is the only thing stopping him from taking credit for it.

Time Magazine has Rand Paul on the cover. In the story they talk about the Blimp. The Blimp is still generating press coverage seven years later.
    First of all, the blimp didn't generate this press coverage, it got a mention.

Secondly, so what? How does it affect the amount of people voting for Rand?

Answer: it doesn't.

One the voter gets the name, then you hit the voter with a issue that they might respond in conjunction with the new found name recognition.
    Correct, but mass marketing is one of the least efficient, most expensive, least effective ways to do it. Direct marketing targeted to likely voters is the way to do it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    First of all, that's the same thing. And it got more than one mention. And for He Who Must Not Be Named one mention was one hell of a victory--like putting one little hole in a big dam.

What did the official campaign do that is still working eight years later, and for another candidate?

Well then.

Correct, but mass marketing is one of the least efficient, most expensive, least effective ways to do it. Direct marketing targeted to likely voters is the way to do it.
    You surely do love spouting opinion as fact. Did you forget that the opinion you spouted as fact in the OP of this very thread has been soundly and completely disproven? Or are you just going to keep blindly denying all the contrary proof we shovel at your feet until you're buried in it?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-11-2014 at 09:22 AM.

The blimp was one of the best marketing ploys to come out of the cycle if not the millennium. I remember discussing politics with some people from work in the break room one day and I mentioned Ron's name. The first thing out of their mouths were. Oh yeah he's the guy with the blimp. Teh Collinz is a total fail. Neg rep to him.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Wow, you really ARE jealous, aren't you?

I don't think anyone was suggesting that the blimp "generated" the Time article but the fact that it got a mention in the article all these years later shows just how effective it was. Why don't you just suck it up and give props to the person who had the idea? You can do it! A really good leader knows how to recognize others on the team when they do well. The blimp was genius.

Yeah, it kinda does.

You see, Rand was elected to the Senate with a lot of help from his father's grassroots' supporters. That blimp helped to build name recognition and grow the base of grassroots support. The more grassroots support Ron had, the more donations Rand had when he ran for the Senate.

If Rand wasn't a Senator today, what would his chances be for 2016?

That's a pretty fine hair to split coming from the same guy who claims that losing is actually wiinning ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

First of all, that's the same thing.
    No it's not... the poster said that the blimp generated press (which it did at the time, but didn't do anything electorally) and that the Time article was an example. No, the Time article would've been written anyway, but the blimp was mentioned, it didn't generate the article.

What did the official campaign do that is still working eight years later, and for another candidate?
    Build lists.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    The blimp was one of the best marketing ploys to come out of the cycle if not the millennium. I remember discussing politics with some people from work in the break room one day and I mentioned Ron's name. The first thing out of their mouths were. Oh yeah he's the guy with the blimp. Teh Collinz is a total fail. Neg rep to him.
    Did that guy vote for Ron?

How many votes did the blimp get Ron? Please quantify that for me...

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    You see, Rand was elected to the Senate with a lot of help from his father's grassroots' supporters. That blimp helped to build name recognition and grow the base of grassroots support. The more grassroots support Ron had, the more donations Rand had when he ran for the Senate.

If Rand wasn't a Senator today, what would his chances be for 2016?
    Fair point except that the blimp had no quantifiable effect on Ron's success....

As a matter of fact the whole room...and there were many in there at the time, ended up after they researched his positions, voting for Ron. Many even joined meetups and sign waved for him. So take your logical fallacy bull$#@! elsewhere.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

How many votes did direct marketing get Ron? Please quantify that for me ...

(And we'll just set aside the unedifying possibility that the only actually quantifiable thing about your beloved direct marketing is how much money it brought in for Ron Paul Inc., rather than how many votes it brought in for Ron Paul ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-11-2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Ane --> And

Me thinks Teh Collinz is getting paid per post on the forums from some sweetheart deal.
    On Trump:

Fair point except that the blimp had no quantifiable effect on Ron's success....
    Can we quantify how many votes your forty thousand forum posts got Ron Paul?

Don't forget to subtract all the people you've alienated before you do that long division, now...

Me thinks Teh Collinz is getting paid per post on the forums from some sweetheart deal.
    Seems that way, doesn't it?

No, I think he's actually bumping this proof of his lack of vision and his you-chase-more-flies-away-with-vinegar posting style in the belief that some potential future employer will be impressed with his spin and his undying loyalty.

I'd wish him luck with that but I don't see how luck could ever get him out of the hole he's digging himself into unless his shovel breaks. Maybe God will have pity on him and cause his internet provider to go out of business.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-11-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Which also means it could have brought in a few million votes....maybe more.

why is collins here?......

seriously...Bryan?...mods?....

maybe Jesus has the answer.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So nice to see you again, Primbs. Primbs btw, was very instrumental in helping me with Revolution March. Now this is a man who knows his $#@!! Mad props to ya, G.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Well Jesus would say to him:
    On Trump:

The only votes that I can quantify that Ron got from anything I did was the votes he got from my campaigning with disgruntled democrats. In 2012 I know of at least 8 people who crossed over and voted for Ron in the primary. Yes they were all my family, but a vote is a vote. In 2007 I convinced a total stranger who was black in a predominately black neighborhood to vote for Ron. Sadly she ultimately couldn't because it was too late for her to register to vote in the primary. I chronicled what happened here.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...umping+station

I did a lot of stuff the campaign asked me to do from donating money to phone banking to going door to door to collecting signatures to manning tables at conservative events. I can't quantify votes from any of that activity. The smart money says that the blimp got Ron's face on TV and that was the first impression that some people who eventually voted for Ron Paul got. It's called "filling the funnel." You know, the stuff Anita Andrews talked about years ago? Lot's of ways to do that.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

HA, if only...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    How many votes did direct marketing get Ron? Please quantify that for me ...
    Hundreds of thousands...

I don't have the exact numbers outside of Minnesota, but voter ID and contact is how elections are won. That is direct marketing.

HA, if only...
    You moved a thread which highlights your own failure to recognize a damned good idea as such right to the top of its subforum and 'New Posts' for this non-denial denial of what was obviously nothing but a joke. Yet you can't for the life of you understand why nearly all of us have come to question your judgment.

If you hadn't driven from me long ago any capacity I might have had for feeling sorry for you, I'd probably stop laughing and be sad about it...

Your logical fallacy is you're too arrogant to realize that every human has to, sooner or later, cut his losses.

Every time this thread is bumped, you beat a dead horse some more and seventeen people beat you some more. How are you winning this through stubbornness again? Go ahead--it's not a rhetorical question. I'd love to see your answer. It might turn out to be your best punchline yet.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-11-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Hundreds of thousands...

I don't have the exact numbers outside of Minnesota, but voter ID and contact is how elections are won. That is direct marketing.
    And so the exact Minnesota numbers are.....?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And so the exact Minnesota numbers are.....?
    LOL Pity the poor fools who decide they must make the claim that something with about a billion totally random variables is an exact science.

Yes, Matt. Let's see your ironclad and confirmable quantification.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast