Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul gives Tea Party response to State of the Union address

[Video] Rand Paul gives Tea Party response to State of the Union address

video update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0qNYoudpy8

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the email from RANDPAC. He'll also be on with Erin Burnett tomorrow about whether the Republican party can stay united.

I've just received word that CNN is covering my Tea Party Response to Barack Obama's State of the Union tonight.

You can watch my response on CNN around 10:30 p.m. Eastern.

Of course, you and I both know Barack Obama is going to call for more of the same Big Government, big spending policies that have bankrupted our nation and pushed our economy to the brink.

My response is to show the nation that the Tea Party has a different vision for America than Barack Obama.

Trust me, this is one speech you don't want to miss.

In Liberty,

Senator Rand Paul

P.S. Tonight around 10:30 p.m. Eastern, I'll be giving the Tea Party response to Barack Obama's State of the Union. You can tune in to CNN to watch my speech.

Also, a preview of the speech.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-cut-spending/

On immigration:

"We are the party that embraces hard work and ingenuity, therefore we must be the party that embraces the immigrant who wants to come to America for a better future," the Kentucky Republican is expected to say in the tea party response to Obama's State of the Union address, according to an advanced text of his remarks acquired by CNN. "We must be the party who sees immigrants as assets, not liabilities. We must be the party that says, 'If you want to work, if you want to become an American, we welcome you.'"

On the economy:

"Not only should the sequester stand, many pundits say the sequester really needs to be at least $4 trillion to avoid another downgrade of America's credit rating," Paul is expected to say. "Both parties will have to agree to cut, or we will never fix our fiscal mess."

On partisanship:

"It is often said that there is not enough bipartisanship up here," Paul will say. "That is not true. In fact, there is plenty. Both parties have been guilty of spending too much, of protecting their sacred cows, of backroom deals in which everyone up here wins, but every taxpayer loses. It is time for a new bipartisan consensus. It is time Democrats admit that not every dollar spent on domestic programs is sacred. And it is time Republicans realize that military spending is not immune to waste and fraud."
    Last edited by jct74; 02-13-2013 at 02:09 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Email and call FOX news and ask them to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Email and call FOX news and ask them to cover it.
    They'll be busy falling all over themselves after Ruby speaks.

Where can I watch it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    google cnn live stream

I'll, knock on wood, be streaming the event live on my website:
    http://iroots.org/2013/02/12/live-vi...arty-response/

I'll do my best to monitor the streams and make sure there is one that is working up...
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Aren't Tea Party Express live streaming it? Or RedState?

Aren't Tea Party Express live streaming it? Or RedState?
    Both are. I was hoping Fox would have it so I don't have to listen to Wolf, but as FSP said, they'll probably be talking about who Rubio's running mate is going to be in 2016.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dear God, I hope Rand doesn't make the same mistake Bachmann did.

Does anybody else remember that? The web camera was in front of her, while the CNN cam was off to one side. To everybody watching the speech on TV, she seemed to be staring off in space instead of addressing the viewers.

The video is here: http://www.examiner.com/video/michel...e-union-speech

You need to go full screen to get the true effect though.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Both are. I was hoping Fox would have it so I don't have to listen to Wolf, but as FSP said, they'll probably be talking about who Rubio's running mate is going to be in 2016.
    The options are numerous:

Condoleezza Rice (black + woman)
    Susana Martinez (Hispanic + woman)
    Harriet Tubman (black + woman + inspiring life story)
    James Buchanan (gay)
    RuPaul (black + gay + might trick Ron Paul supporters into voting for Rubio)
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    James Buchanan (gay)
    The president or the economist?

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    So is Harriet Tubman. If they're going to go with dead VP's, they might as well go whole hog and run zombie Reagan for president.

Edit : My statement about Harriet Tubman was related to the original question of whether James Buchanan was dead.
    Last edited by Pisces; 02-12-2013 at 04:42 PM.

A Rubio/Rice ticket would be dangerous for this country. We'd be off to war on election night if they won.

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    The president.

Dead people absolutely count as an oppressed minority. Outside of Chicago and a few other urban areas, they still have yet to win suffrage rights.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    youtube this somebody! it lays the groundwork for 2016!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People, give it time already. Pundits have always given reactions to both the speech and the opposing response. Have some patience.

No. Hopefully they'll air it in its entirety. Blame could be placed on the people running the show where Rand is at. CNN said they were showing it.

Is it on CNN the channel...or only web?

So are they just going to show a tape of it later?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    So are they just going to show a tape of it later?
    probably...when no one is watching

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think they scrapped all tv feeds after Rubio's bad performance. They don't want Rand to look better and would rather spend the time playing apologist for Rubio.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Rand is on CNN HomePage
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, or in any other way destroyed, except by the lawful judgment of his peers."
    - Magna Carta

God if Rand was the official GOP response, it would be game set match.

$#@!ing GOP....

Reince Preibus is feeling pretty dumb right now though, Rubio's water gaffe and crocodile smile in the end is already making its way to next week's SNL opening skit.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Solid. Made Rubio look like a punk kid.

Dammit, CNN cut into the speech a few seconds late. Anyway, here's the tube for those that missed it:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast