Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adolf Hitler: Man of the Year, 1938 - Time Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Back up your claim.

How was he the greatest leader?

He used terrorism on his own people. Great speaker? He lied during speeches constantly. He was intellectually dishonest - he killed or expelled any competition whether political or intellectual. He was a thug.

Any chimpanzee could have done what Hitler did, he used the new technologies of an era to oppress his people and go on a genocidal rampage.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that people think you're a neo-nazi or full of $#@! when you make that claim.
    If you measure the ability (I don't think Aeroneous meant great in terms of positive or desirable characteristics) of a leader by his rhetorical skills, I would have to say Hitler is ranked up there, although you could also make the argument that Goebbels was more in charge of building up the cult of personality surrounding him. But then again, no one ever credits any other leader's speechwriters.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    If you measure the ability (I don't think Aeroneous meant great in terms of positive or desirable characteristics) of a leader by his rhetorical skills, I would have to say Hitler is ranked up there, although you could also make the argument that Goebbels was more in charge of building up the cult of personality surrounding him. But then again, no one ever credits any other leader's speechwriters.
    I wonder if Goebbels felt a tingle go up his leg when Hitler had assumed power.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    He Aldo said Hitler was evil, and yes, it does take a persuasive and trusted leader to convince a country to commit genocide.

To call him an incompetent leader would be dishonest, and regardless has nothing to do with him being evil and despised.
    While literary historians have taken very little courage by their looking back to designate antagonists and protagonists during the time of Hitler, Nietzsche beforehand actually predicted the nihilism that would take place during both World Wars. Problem is, he was a German. Oops.
    Seems the only one who ever got away with making fun of Jewish History was the Lord Jesus Christ.

It has been said that Hitler was the ultimate noble savage, a character idealized by Niccolo Machiavelli, born on May 3, 1469, in Florence, Italy.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 02-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    No, you just failed to see that the answer rests on perspective.
    Very true.

Your perspective is of one who takes words too literally and argues semantics, rather determining intent of the use of words (which are entirely arbitrary without attached meaning).

My perspective is of one who examines the stated methodology and content to determine the meaning/intent of said words.

In short, you can make all the claims you want, but you can't tell someone else what they mean. They've already told you, and you're ignoring the fact that the Hitler article is entirely unflattering, not glorifying.

You may want to quit before you really embarass yourself trying to put words in others' mouths.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Emanuel Watkins View Post
    While literary historians have taken very little courage to look back and designate antagonists and protagonists, Nietzsche beforehand actually predicted the nihilism that would take place during both World Wars. Problem is, he was a German. Oops.
    Seems the only one who ever got away with making fun of Jewish History was the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Ummm, cool, what part of that implies that Hitler was an ineffective leader?
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Very true.

Your perspective is of one who takes words too literally and argues semantics, rather determining intent of the use of words (which are entirely arbitrary without attached meaning).

My perspective is of one who examines the stated methodology and content to determine the meaning/intent of said words.

In short, you can make all the claims you want, but you can't tell someone else what they mean. They've already told you, and you're ignoring the fact that the Hitler article is entirely unflattering, not glorifying.

You may want to quit before you really embarass yourself trying to put words in others' mouths.
    If words were not meant to be taken literally, communication would be a ****.

The perspective I spoke of was for there to be a great play there must also be a failure.

Quit while I am ahead? So I am winning and you want me to quit, forfeiting the contest yourself. Right? Cause that is what your words say, unless you would like to offer an epexegesis.
    Last edited by bolil; 02-12-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    Best of luck in life.

The computer was Man Of The Year in, I think, 1984.

Ummm, cool, what part of that implies that Hitler was an ineffective leader?
    Most people are idiots. Even those who look smart. Then there are those who support a lie for the sake of counterfeit, notes certified as official legal tender by the lawyers, before being handed over to them by bankers. In comparison to the idiots who make up stories, Nietzsche placed blame philosophically on the irresponsibility of the whole world. He noted the shell of the world looked virtuous in its abilities to govern; meanwhile, he also showed how the individuals making up that virtuous world were rotten to the core. God (morality) is dead. That the true evil of why the world fought in both World Wars was irresponsibility. In contrast, Adolph Hitler was just a minor evil.
    Last edited by Uncle Emanuel Watkins; 02-12-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Nietzsche is the man. TOTI changed my meager mind.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    The computer was Man Of The Year in, I think, 1984.
    Actually 1982. Reminds me of seeing this commercial for the first time (it only was shown once during the Super Bowl):
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-12-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    i'm 50something and i remember seeing the classic ding darling cartoon that showed the guy conversing with mister death in 1953

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The German people have since proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that their true potential encompasses something other than warfare and genocide.

Buddy.
    Oh wow. You really are retarded.

Yes or No, did Hitler take over the worse economy that the Germans ever had.
    Yes or No, when Hitler rose to power, did the Germans have one of the strongest economies in the world?
    Yes or No, Was it not America and her allies that caused the Germans to have the worst economy they had ever seen?
    Yes or No, Did Hitler take a nation with no military, and create one of the strongest fighting forces the world ever saw.
    Yes or No, Does Hitler still have people who follow him to this day?

Hint: The answer to all of those was Yes. To claim otherwise is to ignore fact. Hitler took a country in chaos, and created a strong economy, and a strong national defense. He was a great leader.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    Hint: The answer to all of those was Yes. To claim otherwise is to ignore fact. Hitler took a country in chaos, and created a strong economy, and a strong national defense. He was a great leader.
    Yes or no, did he leave the nation in tatters, and far worse off than he found it?

A great leader does not lead people down the garden path to destruction. Now retarded do you have to be to think otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Yes or no, did he leave the nation in tatters, and far worse off than he found it?

A great leader does not lead people down the garden path to destruction. Now retarded do you have to be to think otherwise?
    jcannon98188 is correct,, as are you.
    Hitler was a "type" or shadow of one yet to come,, and shared characteristics with others of the past.

The Anti-Christ will bring peace and stability out of the Chaos that is soon to come. He will be welcomed and praised at first,, but will bring horrors that will make Hitler look like a choir boy.

There are many in powerful positions that are working diligently to bring him to power.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    jcannon98188 is correct,, as are you.
    Hitler was a "type" or shadow of one yet to come,, and shared characteristics with others of the past.

The Anti-Christ will bring peace and stability out of the Chaos that is soon to come. He will be welcomed and praised at first,, but will bring horrors that will make Hitler look like a choir boy.

There are many in powerful positions that are working diligently to bring him to power.
    Hint: It isnt me. I just got a bad rap because of a stupid movie.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Oh wow. You really are retarded.

Yes or No, did Hitler take over the worse economy that the Germans ever had.
    Yes or No, when Hitler rose to power, did the Germans have one of the strongest economies in the world?
    Yes or No, Was it not America and her allies that caused the Germans to have the worst economy they had ever seen?
    Yes or No, Did Hitler take a nation with no military, and create one of the strongest fighting forces the world ever saw.
    Yes or No, Does Hitler still have people who follow him to this day?

Germany had rationing on almost everything during the war.The German army was one of the worst equipped armies in the war.The only thing the Germans had was a strategy ahead of its time,brilliant commanders that thought of it and implemented it and CRAZY CRAZY LUCK.

So the answer of you questions would be:

1.Yes
    2.No
    3.No
    4.No
    5.Yes
    Last edited by Demigod; 02-14-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Compare Wiemar Republic Germany, to Post-WW2 Germany. One was broken, and going no where. The other was broken but had a future.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    Germany had rationing on almost everything during the war.The German army was one of the worst equipped armies in the war.The only thing the Germans had was a strategy ahead of its time,brilliant commanders that thought of it and implemented it and CRAZY CRAZY LUCK.

So the answer of you questions would be:

1.Yes
    2.No
    3.No
    4.No
    5.Yes
    Everyone rations during war. We did. Britain did. Germany did. Rationing has nothing to do with it. And luck had nothing to do with it. Also, your answer to #3 is wayyyy off base. America and her Allies forced the Treaty of Versailles on Germany following WW1. We royalled effed them so hard that it created the conditions that lead to the rise of Hitler. This is not opinion. This is solid fact. Also, regardless of their equipment, they were the strongest. Had they not gotten greedy and gone after Russia, they would have controlled all of Western Europe.

Everyone rations during war. We did. Britain did. Germany did. Rationing has nothing to do with it. And luck had nothing to do with it. Also, your answer to #3 is wayyyy off base. America and her Allies forced the Treaty of Versailles on Germany following WW1. We royalled effed them so hard that it created the conditions that lead to the rise of Hitler. This is not opinion. This is solid fact. Also, regardless of their equipment, they were the strongest. Had they not gotten greedy and gone after Russia, they would have controlled all of Western Europe.
    Germany never had a chance of winning the war.Their attack on the SSSR was maybe one of the gambles with the smallest risks they took.If they had not attacked the SU, the SU was going to attack Germany in 2 years.All the SU was waiting for was a final battle between the UK and Germany that would bleed them both out enough so they can then just steamroll entire Europe in one big sweep.This is always the biggest reason for the high losses of the SU against Germany.They were preparing for an offensive war in a couple of years and not a defensive one.With the Blitzkrieg and no static defense the German army encircled and captured huge numbers of man and equipment.After the SU transferred their industry and rearmed and reorganized the Germans did not win a single battle.

I do not wish to even start about the crazy luck they had with France,Norway,Czehoslovakia,Poland and Italy.It is incredible how the Nazis even survived to start the second world war,the conquest of Western Europe was essentially "User" won.

About 3. I would like to know "WHO WON WW I ?" . The Allies could impose what ever they wanted.The same way Prussia humiliated France when they won the Prusso-French war and not only did they demanded huge war reparations but they also even crowned their Emperor in Paris which is as insulting as it gets.
    Last edited by Demigod; 02-14-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post

About 3. I would like to know "WHO WON WW I ?"
    The Rothschild Empire
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Compare Wiemar Republic Germany, to Post-WW2 Germany. One was broken, and going no where. The other was broken but had a future.
    If you'll read back through this thread, friend, with a rational head that isn't primarily driven by Fuhrerlust, you'll find that I was the very first person in it to indict the Treaty of Versailles and lay the Second World War at its feet.

You don't have to have any fondness, or even tolerance, for the Treaty of Versailles to consider Hitler one of the all time great criminals and one of the most short sighted 'leaders' any country ever made the major mistake of following. Quite the opposite.

You might try reading the whole thread before you decide who to come unglued on. You do do a nice imitation of a cheap suitcase, though, I'll give you that.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-14-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123