Thread: article: "Scientists coax bacteria to produce pure gold nuggets"

Post article: "Scientists coax bacteria to produce pure gold nuggets"

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/reali...dbacteria.html
    The gold produced using this method is also as pure as it gets: 99.9 percent pure. But is lab-produced gold as valuable as natural gold? Kashefi and Brown have yet to test the market on that, but they suspect the method they use in the lab is similar to how many gold nuggets get produced in nature. After all, both gold chloride and Cupriavidus metallidurans occur naturally. All it takes is for the two of them to naturally run into each other.

Given that the price of gold is currently through the roof, you might already have gotten the idea to begin duplicating this process in your garage. But before you get that twinkle in your eye, keep in mind that Kashefi and Brown have already crunched the numbers, and they attest that the experiment is not cost-effective enough to turn a worthy profit.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alchemy still alive

I can see us all now.

Giants in the clouds, waiting for our bacteria to poop golden nuggets.

Philosophers stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Literally crapping nuggets.
    Must be some pretty big bacteria if they can crap out a whole nugget.

keep in mind that Kashefi and Brown have already crunched the numbers, and they attest that the experiment is not cost-effective enough to turn a worthy profit.

Hmmm......need to break out the microscope and Petri dish.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Reminds me of a brilliant Season 2 episode of The Twilight Zone, "The Rip Van Winkle Caper."

The wife vaguely recalls that gold had indeed been valuable at some time in the distant past. The husband replies, "Sure, about a hundred years or so ago, before they found a way of manufacturing it," and tosses the gold bar away.
    Red: the blood of angry men
    Black: the dark of ages past
    Red: a world about to dawn
    Black: the night that ends at last!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pssh, forget turning a profit, the dollar and economy will take care of that...
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by Restore America Now View Post
    Reminds me of a brilliant Season 2 episode of The Twilight Zone, "The Rip Van Winkle Caper."

That was a good one. I don't see a two minute version of it but here is a two minute version of the, "The Night of the Meek in less than 2 minutes"

Twilight Zone: The Night of the Meek in less than 2 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Pssh, forget turning a profit, the dollar and economy will take care of that...
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    That was a good one. I don't see a two minute version of it but here is a two minute version of the, "The Night of the Meek in less than 2 minutes"

Twilight Zone: The Night of the Meek in less than 2 minutes
    Awesome, didn't know about this 2 minute Twilight Zone thing. Thanks!

"That's not fair!"
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul