Thread: EGYPT: ‘They are going to get raped’

EGYPT: ‘They are going to get raped’

"They are going there to get raped," cleric Ahmed Mohammed Abdullah said, characterizing the woman as “devils” who “speak with no femininity, no morals, no fear…” He further cast aspersion on opposition calls to make sexual assault against women a "red line" that must not be crossed.

"Does that apply to these naked women?" he said. "Nine out of 10 of them are Crusaders (Christians) and the rest arewidows with no one to rein them in."

He further implored them to “Learn from Muslim women, be Muslims."

Violent mobs often consisting of hundreds of men have been responsible for a series of increasingly frequent and brutal sexual assaults against women. The highest-ever number of such assaults was reported on the January 25 protest to mark the two-year-anniversary of the Egyptian revolution.

At least 19 women were attacked, with one having to undergo surgery after her genitals were sliced with a knife, Global Post cites health officials as saying.

Women of all ages, veiled and unveiled, have been attacked on the square, the paper cites activists who compile reports on sexual violence as saying. The say the attackers are using the women as a political tool.

“These people are not revolutionaries. They are part of the counterrevolution, trying to stop us from succeeding,”
    http://rt.com/news/egypt-women-opposition-rape-770/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    animals
    Hey, I know, how about let's give them a bunch of tanks and fighter jets....

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Don't remind me, especially as it has been charged to the US taxpayer credit card.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

My former co-workers were right.

They were born in Egypt and they came to US and became citizens. They usually visit Egypt once a year. Now they cant go back. They are Coptic Christians and this new government is even less christian friendly. They fear for their families in Egypt, who are also Coptic Christians. Women can't leave the house without donning a headscarf. Non-muslims have to stay out of certain areas or towns.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    Women can't leave the house without donning a headscarf.

San Francisco Nudity Arrests: Four Protesters Punished For Defying Ban

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

In the accompanying slide show he helps a blind woman up the steps

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    My former co-workers were right.

They were born in Egypt and they came to US and became citizens. They usually visit Egypt once a year. Now they cant go back. They are Coptic Christians and this new government is even less christian friendly. They fear for their families in Egypt, who are also Coptic Christians. Women can't leave the house without donning a headscarf. Non-muslims have to stay out of certain areas or towns.
    Ask your Coptic Christian friends about the appearance of the Virgin Mary 1 year before the revolution took place. Many took this too be a sign from heaven for encouragement and strength for very difficult days ahead (the same thing happened 1 year before the 7 Year War). http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...aring-in-Egypt
    Last edited by TER; 02-09-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-16-s-to-Egypt

WASHINGTON — Sen. Rand Paul told an off-the-record meeting of conservative donors and powerbrokers Monday that he plans to file a bill that would ban sending F-16 fighter jets to Egypt.

"The crowed loved it," a source told BuzzFeed.
    Rand is one of the few trying to stop the foreign aid.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Remember all the reporting of rape and child rape during the katrina storm? Not saying this could not have happened but be wearing of people trying to smear this revolution because they are trying to kick out Western puppet leaders. I tend to find it very hard to believe anyone who has a mother, wife, sister or daughter will just rape and innocent woman for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I was thinking the same thing. AND that Rand might add this to his list of reasons.
    Last edited by anaconda; 02-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Remember all the reporting of rape and child rape during the katrina storm? Not saying this could not have happened but be wearing of people trying to smear this revolution because they are trying to kick out Western puppet leaders. I tend to find it very hard to believe anyone who has a mother, wife, sister or daughter will just rape and innocent woman for no reason.
    Good point.

Welcome to planet Earth. I apologize, but we are not a very friendly species.

Yea, we have our own instigators at our protests in the U.S.A. that the media are willing to film for the masses.

Not everybody has the conscience that you apparently have.
    Ron Paul - America, you WILL regret not voting for him!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The more naughty and taboo you make a natural human behavior, the more abnormal the dysfunctional behavior will likely become. Powerfully repressed emotions be them a result of Catholic priests living a life of abstinence or a devout Muslim told he can never observe anything other than a woman's eyes, can lead to some bizarre and often dangerous behavior.

People should stop torturing and punishing themselves for being human.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

I laughed at this statement, and that's not ok.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Yeaw I guess rape doesn't happen because as far as I know there is no one that doesn't have a mother... oops..unless they have a reason.....
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

wait..didnt we just liberate that country and spread democracy there ?
    shouldn't they give women some freedom ?
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Quote Originally Posted by J_White View Post
    wait..didnt we just liberate that country and spread democracy there ?
    shouldn't they give women some freedom ?
    We did?

I thought most here thought we were protecting Mubarak.

It's not always our fault. Sometimes people do bad things and it's not the US' fault.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I am going to try and clarify my original post. You see, there is a difference between raping for example the women of your conquered region/enemies/different religious/ethnic group e.g Allies mass rapes of WWII women in Germany, Rwanda etc etc and just randomly rapping your own women just for stepping out of their house. Could it happen? yes but it is very unlikely and I will need solid proof before I believe such allegations.

Remember the stories coming out of Katrina of people raping children as young as 9? Remember how all those were made up fantasies. Mass rapes like the one described in this article hurts nobody but the group. What next? the Egyptians are eating their own children. Sorry Homey dont buy dat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    We did?

I thought most here thought we were protecting Mubarak.

It's not always our fault. Sometimes people do bad things and it's not the US' fault.

Pleading ignorance when it suits your support for American puppets all around the world? Yes silly, Obama supported Mubarack till it was virtually impossible to do so(thanks to the brave freedom fighters in the streets of Cairo).

The battle lines in Egypt are being drawn. On the one side, huge protests in Cairo and other cities, estimated at more than a million, demanded that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and his regime immediately go. On the other, Mubarak thumbed his nose at the demonstrators and announced his intention to serve out his term of office until presidential elections due in September.
    Shortly after Mubarak’s speech, US President Barack Obama endorsed his Egyptian ally’s plan to cling to office until September. In a brief White House address, Obama, who had just spoken to Mubarak for 30 minutes, reiterated the longstanding “partnership” between the United States and Egypt, spoke of the need for an immediate and orderly “transition” to democratic reform, and pointedly refused to back the popular demand for Mubarak to step down.
    https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2011/02/egyp-f02.html

Pleading ignorance when it suits your support for American puppets all around the world? Yes silly, Obama supported Mubarack till it was virtually impossible to do so(thanks to the brave freedom fighters in the streets of Cairo).
    The person I was responding to was claiming that the US overthrew Mubarak.

I agree with you. I think we supported him until his collapse was obvious. Which is why I don't believe people getting raped in Egypt is the fault of the US government.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Best idea I ever heard.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    Best idea I ever heard.
    Rand Paul has the same idea

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-16-s-to-Egypt