Thread: Massachusetts Bans Travel Under State of Emergency

Exclamation Massachusetts Bans Travel Under State of Emergency

Massachusetts Bans Travel Under State of Emergency

Infowars.com
    February 8, 2013

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick Declares Emergency Rule Ahead of Blizzard
    Governor of Massachusetts Deval Patrick declared a state of emergency ahead of the severe blizzard expected to hit the area, banning travel on the roads after 4 pm until further notice.

WGGB in Boston reported:

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick has declared a state of emergency and banned travel on roads as of 4 p.m. as a blizzard that could bring nearly 3 feet of snow to the region began to intensify. Patrick said as the storm gains strength it will bring “extremely dangerous conditions” with bands of snow dropping up to two to three inches per hour at the height of the blizzard, prompting whiteout conditions.
    Gov. Patrick wore a Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) sweater during a press conference yesterday, demonstrating a readiness to employ emergency powers. Patrick emphasized that non-essential travel must cease, while exempting public safety and utility workers and other state employees from the ban. According to the AP, “the penalty during a State of Emergency, under the Civil Defense Act, is punishable by up to a $500 fine and/or one year in jail.”

Further, Patrick has called upon the National Guard, who’ve already deployed 1,000 members to enforce the ban and react to blizzard damage, with as many as 5,000 National Guard expected to join their ranks.

If Hurricane Sandy and Hurricane Katrina have been any indication, emergency response to disasters has tended to enhance government power, particularly on the part of FEMA, while all too often leaving individuals unaided and under the thumb of control.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jLbHLDEOL4I

original article: http://www.infowars.com/massachusett...ergency/print/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good time to do a trial run and see how the proles obey.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

And they always have a phalanx of enforcers standing behind them, looking grim.

Anybody found on the road will be summarily shot.

Lord, protect us from our "protectors".

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Full compliance...would you expect anything less?

Outside of our merry little band of refuseniks and assorted "fellow travelers", compliance and submission to authority is complete, total and unquestioning.

Martial Law because of a snowstorm.

In February.

In New England.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Yep. Conditioning.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

"Maybe the fences will be used to keep us IN!"

And everybody laughed...

ok.. you live in Mass.. a big storm's comin' you're properly stocked at home and had no plans to go out .. the moron.. er Governor says stay home...
    The healthy disrespect for authority starts to bubble up.. you grab your keys....
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some of you are assuming we live in a time where everyone uses common sense and knows what to do during a storm.

If they didn't give this warning and people go out, wreck their cars, block the roads and die, people will complain that the govt. did not give adequate warning.

Rhode Island also banned travel. The RI ban isn't as strict, though.

http://www.abc6.com/story/21087129/r...an-on-highways
    PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Interstate 95 and other major highways in Rhode Island have been closed to regular traffic because of the potentially dangerous storm moving through the state.

Gov. Lincoln Chafee ordered Interstates 95, 195 and 295 and Routes 146 and 24 closed to most vehicular traffic beginning at 5 p.m. Friday.

Emergency vehicles, public works and utility crews, government officials, news media and health care workers are exempt from the restrictions, as are workers involved in "critical" services including fuel and food delivery trucks.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    ok.. you live in Mass.. a big storm's comin' you're properly stocked at home and had no plans to go out .. the moron.. er Governor says stay home...
    The healthy disrespect for authority starts to bubble up.. you grab your keys....
    If it is really bad then I would rather walk. I don't want to get in a accident when I can avoid it. The fines are stupid. If people for whatever reason want to risk their life on the roads, it is their business. If they get hurt or killed for being on unsafe roads, then a fine would be silly. You can't legislate good sense.

Put shovels in the hands of the weekend warriors, not handcuffs.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    If it is really bad then I would rather walk. I don't want to get in a accident when I can avoid it. The fines are stupid. If people for whatever reason want to risk their life on the roads, it is their business. If they get hurt or killed for being on unsafe roads, then a fine would be silly. You can't legislate good sense.
    The fines and punishments are not stupid, when you consider this has nothing to do with "public safety".

It's control, that's it and that's all.

Pushing the envelope every day and in every way.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

MA governor going to speak saturday morning to comfort his citizens

My wife is from Taxachusetts; the '78 Blizzard is fresh in her family's minds. I grew up in Virginia, where two inches of snow is enough to cripple the Tidewater for several days. She informed me that 3,000 cars were stranded up and down Route 128 during the storm, and as I checked into what she had to say, she was right - 54 people died in that storm, and many lost their lives while stranded on those roads.

Those deaths were caused not by ignorance, as only one of the three Boston TV news weatherguessers were forecasting anything more than a 6" snowfall. The population of the Northeast simply didn't know it was going to be as bad as it was.

There was no internet. No cell phones. No twitter - and no twitpic. No instagram. No email. No Drudge Report. If a person keeps even a cursory eye on the news, it's impossible to say that those in the Northeast today had no idea it was coming.

I said all that to say this: I learned of this fine/incarceration threat, this declaration of martial law, by way of a WBZ Boston TV news live stream. My reaction? "Christ, they can't take away people's rights to be idiots!" Setting the argument of placing first responders at risk aside for the moment, I'm right. AntiFed is right. I find that he often is.

What really got my wife's dander up was when I started to talk about fear, and how fear is used to control people. This is at the root of this declaration - an executive order of the Massachusetts governor. It's just hard for people to digest mentally that government is in the business of controlling people, and business is good. Considering that in our modern era we have means of communications and methods of informing ourselves that were beyond even the imagination of those who lived through the Blizzard of '78, we also have a level of apathy beyond the comprehension of those people as they were living through it. That moment in time is past, when people were expected to be able to ascertain risks, take precautions, and care for themselves.

We're all the victims of our own success, is what I'm trying to say. End result? Even the woman I love fails to see oppressive government being oppressive, even as she watches it unfold in real time...
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I remember that storm well.

It tore up the boardwalks and beachfront as bad as Sandy did.

Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkPCSolutions View Post
    My wife is from Taxachusetts; the '78 Blizzard is fresh in her family's minds. I grew up in Virginia, where two inches of snow is enough to cripple the Tidewater for several days. She informed me that 3,000 cars were stranded up and down Route 128 during the storm, and as I checked into what she had to say, she was right - 54 people died in that storm, and many lost their lives while stranded on those roads.

Those deaths were caused not by ignorance, as only one of the three Boston TV news weatherguessers were forecasting anything more than a 6" snowfall. The population of the Northeast simply didn't know it was going to be as bad as it was.

There was no internet. No cell phones. No twitter - and no twitpic. No instagram. No email. No Drudge Report. If a person keeps even a cursory eye on the news, it's impossible to say that those in the Northeast today had no idea it was coming.

I said all that to say this: I learned of this fine/incarceration threat, this declaration of martial law, by way of a WBZ Boston TV news live stream. My reaction? "Christ, they can't take away people's rights to be idiots!" Setting the argument of placing first responders at risk aside for the moment, I'm right. AntiFed is right. I find that he often is.

What really got my wife's dander up was when I started to talk about fear, and how fear is used to control people. This is at the root of this declaration - an executive order of the Massachusetts governor. It's just hard for people to digest mentally that government is in the business of controlling people, and business is good. Considering that in our modern era we have means of communications and methods of informing ourselves that were beyond even the imagination of those who lived through the Blizzard of '78, we also have a level of apathy beyond the comprehension of those people as they were living through it. That moment in time is past, when people were expected to be able to ascertain risks, take precautions, and care for themselves.

We're all the victims of our own success, is what I'm trying to say. End result? Even the woman I love fails to see oppressive government being oppressive, even as she watches it unfold in real time...

Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    MA governor going to speak saturday morning to comfort his citizens

I feel more and more like McMurphy every day.

A sane man thrown into the looney bin.

Now, we know.