Thread: Crowd Burns "WITCH" Papua New Guinea; NO ARRESTS

Crowd Burns "WITCH" Papua New Guinea; NO ARRESTS

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...ng-kids-watch/

PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea A mob stripped, tortured and bound a woman accused of witchcraft, then burned her alive in front of hundreds of horrified witnesses in a Papua New Guinea town, police said Friday. It was the latest sorcery-related killing in this South Pacific island nation.

Bystanders, including many children, watched and some took photographs of Wednesday's brutal slaying. Grisly pictures were published on the front pages of the country's biggest circulating newspapers, The National and Post-Courier, while the prime minister, police and diplomats condemned the killing.
    []
    The incident happened in broad daylight in front of hundreds of eyewitnesses and yet we haven't picked up any suspects yet
    Last edited by presence; 02-08-2013 at 08:30 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder how much foreign aid is USA giving to papua new guinea? im sure we are giving them some right? also, hundreds of people and no one bothered to help? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    I wonder how much foreign aid is USA giving to papua new guinea? im sure we are giving them some right? also, hundreds of people and no one bothered to help? wtf?
    Yup. Same way no one would help Dorner if a mob caught him and burned him alive.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea A mob stripped, tortured and bound a woman accused of witchcraft, then burned her alive in front of hundreds of horrified witnesses in a Papua New Guinea town, police said Friday. It was the latest sorcery-related killing in this South Pacific island nation.
    How horrified were they really if no one stepped in and did anything?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

I'm pretty sure that I would do precisely nothing if I was there myself.

She turned me into a newt! (I got better.)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe she was a witch (to them).

Sad, but someone like Rubio would see it as a reason to send more money there to democratize these primitives.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Not that many years ago, 1995, a native Canadian killed someone whom he believed was "bear-walking" him (casting evil spells on him). During the trial, he argued self-defense and it was accepted.

http://business.highbeam.com/5587/ar...dian-acquitted

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bearwa...al.-a030173510

Jacko was charged after Thompson's half-naked, battered body was found the evening of June 30, 1995 face down in a blood-spattered clearing outside a truck camper behind Jacko's house. He had been beaten to death inside the camper with a 45 cm-(18 inch) long, 7 cm-(three inch) wide walrus baculum or penis bone found in the drive-way of Jacko's home.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I would do precisely nothing if I was there myself.
    Say what? I don't follow. Are you saying that you hate government force so much that you would not prosecute people who burned a women alive, because she was accused of witchcraft?

It's better to allow superstitious mobs to kill people then use government force to arrest them? Sorry, I'm off that train.

Quote Originally Posted by thequietkid10 View Post
    Say what? I don't follow. Are you saying that you hate government force so much that you would not prosecute people who burned a women alive, because she was accused of witchcraft?

It's better to allow superstitious mobs to kill people then use government force to arrest them? Sorry, I'm off that train.
    He's probably saying he wouldn't want to be the next one burned alive for being the witch's minion.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by thequietkid10 View Post

Heh, no.

I was just responding to the poster before me who suggested that no one at the scene could have possibly been horrified by these events because no one did anything to stop it.

All I am saying is that I would have been too afraid to try and stop this insane mob if I was there.

These barbarians need to be civilized. Australia shouldn't have given them independence.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Maybe she was a witch (to them).

Sad, but someone like Rubio would see it as a reason to send more money there to democratize these primitives.
    A witch to them? So thats all well and good? Majority rules is cool in matters of witchcraft? I yearn for the free society that allows us to go over there one our own dime and with our own bodies and see that "witch" gets justice.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Not that many years ago, 1995, a native Canadian killed someone whom he believed was "bear-walking" him (casting evil spells on him). During the trial, he argued self-defense and it was accepted.

Ahh ,those shape shifters...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, f that, anyone got enough to get some LLF (liberty loving folks non gang affiliated) over to new guinea? PM me.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    He's probably saying he wouldn't want to be the next one burned alive for being the witch's minion.
    You do not have to worry about that if you are armed , witch killers are cowardly and cannot do math, or maybe they can , but a simple revolver and serious intent to use it sends them scurrying like mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    These barbarians need to be civilized. Australia shouldn't have given them independence.
    I have never been to Australia, but have seen many smaller Islands

Is she a "witch" because she can cast a spell on their husband's hearts and make them want to have sex with her?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is she a "witch" because she can cast a spell on their husband's hearts and make them want to have sex with her?
    I do not think that part is the heart Danno . Lol

This is a perfect modern example of a society that is not even minutely educated in secularism. Travel back in time to America's birth and you will find the same. Superstitious barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Clemens
    During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. the Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after eight hundred years, gathered up its halters, thumb-screws, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood. Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry. Who discovered that there was no such thing as a witch—the priest, the parson? No, these never discover anything. … There are no witches. The witch text remains; only the practice has changed. Hell fire is gone, but the text remains. Infant damnation is gone, but the text remains. More than two hundred death penalties are gone from the law books, but the texts that authorized them remain.
    The text remains; only the practice has changed.
    Last edited by fr33; 02-09-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have never been to Australia, but have seen many smaller Islands
    The constant with all the other former colonies is that they are modern and don't have the same problems as PNG and many parts of Africa.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You do not have to worry about that if you are armed , witch killers are cowardly and cannot do math, or maybe they can , but a simple revolver and serious intent to use it sends them scurrying like mice.
    I would not have confronted them with anything less than a beta mag. A revolver against a mob like that is pointless. Precisely why we need 'large capacity' magazines.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    This whole incident sounds pretty democratic to me. If you had elections, I'm pretty sure they still would have voted to burn the witch.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post

Jacko was charged after Thompson's half-naked, battered body was found the evening of June 30, 1995 face down in a blood-spattered clearing outside a truck camper behind Jacko's house. He had been beaten to death inside the camper with a 45 cm-(18 inch) long, 7 cm-(three inch) wide walrus baculum or penis bone found in the drive-way of Jacko's home.

'Exhibit A'

I know this is tasteless now, but I can't resist...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Heh, no.

I was just responding to the poster before me who suggested that no one at the scene could have possibly been horrified by these events because no one did anything to stop it.

All I am saying is that I would have been too afraid to try and stop this insane mob if I was there.
    fair point, my mistake. You don't want to get between a mob and it's victim unless you have a gun. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    He had been beaten to death inside the camper with a 45 cm-(18 inch) long, 7 cm-(three inch) wide walrus baculum or penis bone

wat
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul