Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Greatest Beer Thread Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There must be some guidelines that this has violated, I'm reporting this to Bryan.
    Should be OK , he has a Red , White & Blue guitar strap.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Throw some chicken and eggs in there and you have something worth eating.

"The Patriarch"

I haven't tried this but it just hit the seasonal market and is a bear to find. It was in my area Friday night and by Saturday morning the tap was dry, so get it where you can. Arguably the best Stout ever.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Stone Enjoy by...coming soon. Great Double IPA
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Jan2017

Sorry, I gotta drop this tune in here - beer . . .

Eagles over Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

Stone Enjoy by...coming soon. Great Double IPA
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Budweiser releases new beer based on George Washington's handwritten recipe

A beer once called “America,” just got a lot more patriotic.

Budweiser has revealed its newest addition to the Reserve Collection – a Freedom Reserve Red Lager inspired by a recipe handwritten by first president George Washington.

ANHEUSER-BUSCH DEBUTS SUMMERY NEW BUD LIGHT ORANGE

According to the press release, George Washington hand-penned the recipe “To Make Small Beer” in his personal military journal, dating back to 1757.

“Take a large Sifter full of Bran Hops to your Taste — Boil these 3 hours,” Washington wrote in his journal. “Then strain out 30 Gall. into a Cooler put in 3 Gallons Molasses while the Beer is scalding hot or rather drain the molasses into the Cooler. Strain the Beer on it while boiling hot let this stand til it is little more than Blood warm. Then put in a quart of Yeast if the weather is very cold cover it over with a Blanket. Let it work in the Cooler 24 hours then put it into the Cask. leave the Bung open til it is almost done working — Bottle it that day Week it was Brewed,” the recipe reads, according to the New York Public Library where George Washington’s papers are archived.

The limited-edition beer will be brewed by Budweiser’s own veterans, whose signatures will be displayed prominently on each of the vintage stubby bottles and one-pint cans. A portion of the proceeds will go toward Folds of Honor, a nonprofit providing educational scholarships to military families.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...en-recipe.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I am excited . I am sure Danke will pick up a case for me .
    Do something Danke

Alot of bands/celebrities try to make their own beer. Most suck...like Iron maiden's beer.

Megadeth has done the best job of the ones I've tried. Not stellar but good and hey...it's a Belgian.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I tried this over the summer. It's a powerhouse.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

This was fantastic. Right up there with the best Scottish Ale (Wee Heavy) I've had. Drank this on tap at an ale house in Central Virginia.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Mr Animal is drinking. Tumwater Cold Press Coffee Stout. Says it's good. He's looking forward to Aldis bringing back the Tumwater Porter. I bought him a 6 pack for Christmas last year as a filler gift and he ended up really liking it.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animal is drinking. Tumwater Cold Press Coffee Stout. Says it's good. He's looking forward to Aldis bringing back the Tumwater Porter. I bought him a 6 pack for Christmas last year as a filler gift and he ended up really liking it.
    Those coffee stouts are....er....Stout! My wife likes Stouts. I enjoy them but they are a meal.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Those coffee stouts are....er....Stout! My wife likes Stouts. I enjoy them but they are a meal.
    Yeah, I like the taste but I can only take the mandatory two sips (he makes me take two sips of everything - the first one is to wash the Buttweiser out of my mouth and the second is to taste the beer). They are very filling. That's probably why his belly looks like he's pregnant.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Ballast point opened up an East coast location 15 minutes from my house. Must try.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

I tried this over the summer. It's a powerhouse.
    Yah, an' I can't find it here anymore.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Not really much of a beer drinker. Last time I touched alcohol was 3 years ago. I don't even drink during the holidays when I have family outings.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Yah, an' I can't find it here anymore.
    Stone started on the West coast and about 4 years back they opened an East coast location in Virginia, so we are pretty stocked with it here. Most of their stuff is pretty high quality. I'm not a hop head, but I do like IPAs and most of their signature stuff is hop forward.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Not really much of a beer drinker. Last time I touched alcohol was 3 years ago. I don't even drink during the holidays when I have family outings.
    I wasn't either.....especially the American adjunct stuff like Bud, Miller, Coors. I was always a wine drinker. It wasn't until my wife entered me into a Beer of the Month club back in 2003 and I got my first pack from a place in Colorado Called Great Divide Brewing. Had something called Yeti, Hop Shot ESB and a beer called Hibernation. Then I tried Belgian beer. I never knew beer could be so complex
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

CRAFT BEER WITH A FREE-MARKET CHARACTER

As the microbrewery trend is seeing a rise everywhere in the world, 2018 saw the launch of the White Collar Brewing in Bucharest, in my native Romania. Behind the already highly acclaimed beers lies an interesting piece of information: the brewery is the entrepreneurial endeavor of an Austrian economist, professor at the Romanian-American University in Bucharest and former Mises Institute fellow, Bogdan Glăvan.

Bogdan’s business started as a passion for craft beers, filling in a gap in a domestic market saturated with mass-produced, bland tasting options. Although he built it alongside his lifelong dedication to scholarship in the tradition of Mises and Rothbard in his academic profession, the two passions are not as separate as you might expect.

First, one of the beers is named “Zero Taxe” (eng. Zero Taxes), a nod to the main policy recommendation of any consistent Rothbardian. Bogdan also recommends it to be enjoyed together with Mises’s Human Action. Some of his customers also subscribe to this view and their recommendations on the brewery’s homepage are equally witty: “[The beer] is so good, the government should nationalize it and redistribute it to all its citizens. IPA for the people!”

https://mises.org/power-market/craft...rket-character

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    CRAFT BEER WITH A FREE-MARKET CHARACTER

As the microbrewery trend is seeing a rise everywhere in the world, 2018 saw the launch of the White Collar Brewing in Bucharest, in my native Romania. Behind the already highly acclaimed beers lies an interesting piece of information: the brewery is the entrepreneurial endeavor of an Austrian economist, professor at the Romanian-American University in Bucharest and former Mises Institute fellow, Bogdan Glăvan.

Bogdan’s business started as a passion for craft beers, filling in a gap in a domestic market saturated with mass-produced, bland tasting options. Although he built it alongside his lifelong dedication to scholarship in the tradition of Mises and Rothbard in his academic profession, the two passions are not as separate as you might expect.

First, one of the beers is named “Zero Taxe” (eng. Zero Taxes), a nod to the main policy recommendation of any consistent Rothbardian. Bogdan also recommends it to be enjoyed together with Mises’s Human Action. Some of his customers also subscribe to this view and their recommendations on the brewery’s homepage are equally witty: “[The beer] is so good, the government should nationalize it and redistribute it to all its citizens. IPA for the people!”

https://mises.org/power-market/craft...rket-character
    I don't suppose that's available in the States?
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To add on to this, I'd rather drink wine than beer.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

To add on to this, I'd rather drink wine than beer.
    Truth be told, I would rather drink bourbon than either.
    "The Patriarch"

I know this is GREATEST Beer, but this deserves it's place in the hall of shame. Smoked German Helles. Most people love this stuff, but it's just to overpowering for me. Smells like a campfire in your beer. I mean, you can smoke a Porter or a Stout or some heavy beer, but this style is just to delicate to me to do that to it. YUCK.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

You know whats not a good beer? Miller Lite. Tried it one time and I thought piss would taste similar. But hey at least its got a good designed can. That's the most appealing thing about it.

Calvin Coolidge

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213