Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Beer Thread Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What's the count?
    well I have now downed a sixer which is why I am talking to these retarded marxist douchebags on the forums I hate so f***ing much, thinking about going and getting some guinness

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    well I have now downed a sixer which is why I am talking to these retarded marxist douchebags on the forums I hate so f***ing much, thinking about going and getting some guinness
    You do what you want, CaseyJones. You are the man.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Schlafly pumpkin ale.

Tastes just like a pumpkin pie. Best one I've had

Last edited by Todd; 10-06-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

//nm
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 10-05-2014 at 06:21 PM.

This looks interesting...

Rogue Ales looks to end 2014 on a hot note with Rogue Sriracha Hot Stout Beer.

The iconic Vietnamese hot sauce is the inspiration for a new spicy stout beer that will be debuting in December.

Sriracha is a paste is made from garlic, chili peppers, salt, sugar, and distilled vinegar. California manufacturer Huy Fong Foods is most commonly associated with Sriracha.

Beer Street Journal is working on details on this upcoming release. More to follow.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/breweries/rogue-brewing/

Belgian beers are my passion. If you like them, then this one is pretty nice. Boulevard Brewing in Kansas City has a unique American spin on Beligan beer because they add American ingredients instead of the traditional Belgian malts and Noble hops. I think the American hop profile is what makes them so special. Boulevard "Long Strange Tripel".

Now it's not my favorite Tripel. That would be Unibroue La Fin Du Monde out of Canada, but give it a try. And I think its available out East. Lots of American hops with that Belgian yeast flavor. I give it a 7/10.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

http://greatdivide.com/beer/seasonal/hibernation-ale/

I had a sixer of these last weekend. OMG such a rich flavor! My wife says they have 260 calories in each beer. I believe it.

Whelp. Last Friday I was greeted at my door by two of these. Sent from a friend out in California area, which is only region you can get it.

[IMG][/IMG]

It is amazing and legendary as advertised. I can't ever remember a beer that kept erupting in bubbles and clingy foam everytime you took a sip. Most of the time it disipates into nothing by the end. This kept on going. Such a powerful citrus aroma. Hope I can get this again someday. Good news is I have one left.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Whelp. Last Friday I was greeted at my door by two of these. Sent from a friend out in California area, which is only region you can get it.
    Excellent choice. California beer and wine can't be beat, IMHO.

Currently in my glass, and all that a super hoppy, lupulin laced beer should be:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hophunterbottle201512oz.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	3773

Hop Hunter IPA harnesses the complex flavors of just-picked hops through an all-new method of steam distilling wet hops before they even leave the fields. This revolutionary technique captures and intensifies the natural flavors, creating a unique and intensely aromatic beer. Our custom process gathers pure hop oil which, when combined with traditional whole-cone hops in the brew kettle and in our Hop Torpedo, makes for an incredible IPA experience.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/sierra-...er-ipa/250957/
    Hop Oil

Sierra Nevada is famous for its love of hops, and the heavy-handed showcasing of hop flavor and aroma has become known worldwide as the “American” style. Most hop aroma comes from naturally occurring essential oils found in the lupulin glands of the hop plant. When and how the hops are used in the brewing process affects how much hop oil—and with it hop aroma—appears in the finished beer. We use techniques such as dry hopping and torpedoing (our revolutionary technique of re-circulating beer out of a fermenter and through a column of hops) to increase the hop oil concentration in our beers. We often choose hop varietals based on their oil content, preferring high-oil varietals as choices for highly hopped beers. With Hop Hunter IPA we’re experimenting with a method of steam distilling wet, un-dried hops fresh from the field to harvest the hop essence. This method collects the pure essential oils which are added post-fermentation and captures the intense hop aroma for use year-round.

http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/yea...hop-hunter-ipa
    A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending a party thrown by Chico, California's Sierra Nevada in celebration of three of their newest releases: Nooner Pilsner, Hoppy Lager (part of this year's Beer Camp series), and Hop Hunter IPA.

Hop Hunter is the first beer to use Sierra Nevada's newest hopping technique: steam distilling wet hops to harness hop oil. Within the hop cone are the oils that provide the bitterness, flavor, and especially aroma that hop-heads love about their beers. These aromas are best when the hop is fresh off the vine; that's why so many breweries brew what's often called a harvest ale, which uses fresh hops as part of the "wet hopping" technique.

This, of course, can only be done in the early fall, when the hop harvest is done and the hops are fresh. With every day that passes, hops lose their fresh hop flavors and aromas, and so does the resulting beer. Or at least that's what used to happen.

By steam distilling hops, Sierra Nevada is able to capture the hop oils straight from the freshly picked hops, creating a pure, intensely aromatic hop oil. The result is a year-round, fresh hop IPA known as Hop Hunter.

Hop Hunter (6.20% ABV) pours a bright golden with a huge white head. Retention and lacing are both excellent.

The aroma is, well, all hops. Seriously, no malts come through, which is odd for even the hoppiest of IPAs. But then again, that's what Ken Grossman and his team were going for. Huge, delicate notes of grapefruit, and not much else. Some pine hops come through as the beer sits and warms.

The taste is much more balanced, as a malt backbone of light, slightly sweet pale malts gives support to the hop bitterness that comes through in what is still an extremely hop-forward beer. Again, the hops are bursting with grapefruit before a dry finish leaves a lingering bitterness.

Appearance: 9/10

Aroma: 5/5

Taste: 9/10

Mouthfeel: 4/5

Overall: 19/20

Total: 46/50

Craft beer -- perhaps to its own detriment -- tends to follow trends pretty hard. For a long time, that trend was IPAs, until the standard IPA just didn't cut it anymore. Than it was Double IPAs, though many turned in other directions, like barrel-aged stouts. Perhaps the trend is now turning back toward IPAs, though only those done right. Hop Hunter is one of those. And if other breweries mimic the hop-distilling technique, I'd be okay with that.

http://www.nj.com/food/index.ssf/201...unter_ipa.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

loveshiscountry

Stone Go To IPA is my new favorite
    Intense peach, citrus and melon flavors dominate the aroma in the best possible way. I noticed this right off

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/stone-go-to-ipa/253833/
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 07-01-2015 at 07:23 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Almost time for Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. It's the best I've tried.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

It is amazing and legendary as advertised. I can't ever remember a beer that kept erupting in bubbles and clingy foam everytime you took a sip. Most of the time it disipates into nothing by the end. This kept on going. Such a powerful citrus aroma. Hope I can get this again someday. Good news is I have one left.
    I'll be trying my first one this weekend.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Have you tried anything from Knee Deep Brewing? They seem to be the latest kings of hoppy beer...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communit...p-brews.79701/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Have you tried anything from Knee Deep Brewing? They seem to be the latest kings of hoppy beer...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/communit...p-brews.79701/
    Probably hard to get that out where I am. It was pure luck to get the Piny out east. I have not seen Knee Deep out this way in Bottles, although they do have a distributor in the region. But so does Russian River. The problem is the RR distributors only work with Kegs which means the only place you can try them is in Tap rooms in the bigger cities. That may be the case with Knee Deep.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

So it was time for a minor celebration, and I decided to try something a bit sweeter. Having never had it before, I decided to try this stuff:

5.9% ABV and you literally cannot tell the difference from ordinary root beer. Whoa. It claims to be normal beer with flavors added to make it taste like root beer. This is a weird claim to me, considering that I can't taste the 'beer' in it at all. A 5 year old kid could drink this stuff and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So it was time for a minor celebration, and I decided to try something a bit sweeter. Having never had it before, I decided to try this stuff:

5.9% ABV and you literally cannot tell the difference from ordinary root beer. Whoa. It claims to be normal beer with flavors added to make it taste like root beer. This is a weird claim to me, considering that I can't taste the 'beer' in it at all. A 5 year old kid could drink this stuff and like it.
    It should be banned, clearly they are marketing toward children
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It should be banned, clearly they are marketing toward children
    lmao.

I actually like real beer, so this won't be a go-to drink for me because it's too sweet. But for someone who doesn't like beer this would be the shyt. If I didn't read 5.9% ABV on the label, I seriously would not know that it wasn't Virgil's Root Beer. Even hard cider and wine coolers and such you can taste the alcohol. Not this at all. Tastes like a soft drink. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

Next time add this to them, I don't buy the bottle just the little shots of smirnoff they sell by the counter. Just put one in per bottle. It'll make it a lot more enjoyable.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not with me.

America's Fallen Out of Love With These 5 Beers

NEWSER) – Americans still love beer—it's a $100 billion industry in the US—but there are some beers we're just not that into anymore, particularly as specialty and craft beers become more popular. 24/7 Wall St. runs down 10 beers falling out of favor with Americans:

Budweiser: Yes, the King of Beers itself saw a 26% decline in sales between 2009 and 2014, putting it in the 10th spot on the list. In addition to rising craft beer sales, Americans' growing taste for light beer likely also contributed.

Natural Light: Despite the aforementioned demand for light beer, Natty Light saw a 26.6% decline in sales from 2009 to 2014, putting it at No. 9 on the list. Perhaps not surprising, considering RateBeer.com users rank it the worst beer in the world.

Miller Genuine Draft: Jumping toward the top of the list, MGD comes in at No. 3 with a whopping 54.5% decline in sales from 2009 to 2014. MillerCoors is actually closing the plant that first brewed MGD.

Milwaukee's Best: The No. 2 beer on the list saw a 55.7% plunge from 2009 to 2014. 24/7 Wall St. thinks part of the problem might lie in the fact that the beer is marketed specifically to men.

Bud Select: Coming in at No. 1—not a good thing, in this case—is one of Budweiser's low-calorie offerings. Bud Select saw a 60.4% decline in sales between 2009 and 2014, despite the popularity of light beers. Bud Light, on the other hand, remains popular.

Click for the complete list.
    http://www.newser.com/story/217272/a...e-5-beers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Had this back in December and got another pint for later. Hardywood gingerbread stout. Great stuff. If you live in Virginia you must try. Fantastic and world class gingerbread stout. It's seasonal and won't probably be back in until next November.... One of the best things Virginia Breweries make.

Watch out....9.2 alcohol is up there. lol..

The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

The **official** beer appreciation thread

Discuss.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This beer is awesome with spicy Bald Eagle wings.
    Last edited by Danke; 02-25-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hops forward

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

^ true
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I spend half my life finding beer not GMO $#@!. All the major U.S. brands are GMO, and will probably turn your skin into lizard skin within the next three years unless you die first.

What beer is more popular than Hillary? I only want the best. Not an embarrassment.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    What beer is more popular than Hillary. I only want the best. Not an embarrassment.
    Hillary sounds like an awful beer. I bet Sanders could brew a good beer
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I spend half my life finding beer not GMO $#@!. All the major U.S. brands are GMO, and will probably turn your skin into lizard skin within the next three years unless you die first.
    All the nonGMO beer Ive tried was awful. And I like 99% of beers
    - Kim Kardashian

///
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

By the way, skin not lizard skin yet, way over 3 years
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast