Thread: South Carolina Primary: Mark Sanford vs. Teddy Turner?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesn't seem like he has much of a chance. The revelation in the article that he went hunting with the Sanford's last week suggests he might be serving as a sort of stalking horse meant to increase the perceived difficulty in raising enough funds and name recognition to win the battle to emerge as Sanford's main rival and be the guy who makes it to the run off. If enough people stay away, Sanford might win enough votes to avoid a run off altogether.
    Last edited by RonPaulMall; 02-07-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Ted Sr will spend any amount of money to win that seat....err help his son win. He needs Agenda 21/UN friendly Senators in SC. Sanford is going to need some help. And Colbert's sister is running for the Dem nom. This is going to be an epic election in SC. I don't know whether to see a bunch of elites teaming up to guarantee an outcome or whether even the elite folks are starting to eat their own in public.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-08-2013 at 03:39 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Ted Sr will spend any amount of money to win that seat....err help his son win. He needs Agenda 21/UN friendly Senators in SC. Sanford is going to need some help. And Colbert's sister is running for the Dem nom. This is going to be an epic election in SC. I don't know whether to see a bunch of elites teaming up to guarantee an outcome or whether even the elite folks are starting to eat their own in public.
    Sanford is a two term governor who has lived in the district nearly all his life. Turner is a high school teacher lol...

Most normal people don't know who the Turners are. Everyone in SC knows who Mark Sanford is.

I think a lot of you are overestimating the district and it's potential to be influenced by outside people like Colbert. Most of the residents are probably senior citizens. Mark was in Sun City yesterday, which from the few times I've gone on vacation to Hilton Head seems like a giant retirement community! lol

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Sanford is a two term governor who has lived in the district nearly all his life. Turner is a high school teacher lol...
    High school teacher with a dad with never-ending pockets to dump into PACs. I just witnessed last election in my CD how the guy with the most money to burn wins. Sanford has the name recognition, Turner has the money and name recognition.

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

High school teacher with a dad with never-ending pockets to dump into PACs. I just witnessed last election in my CD how the guy with the most money to burn wins. Sanford has the name recognition, Turner has the money and name recognition.
    Would Ted Sr. help his son who apparantly differs with him politically?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Would Ted Sr. help his son who apparantly differs with him politically?
    Good question but blood is thicker than water and the elites love to set up their kids in positions of power.

Sanford is going to need help and considering his rhetoric of late (very RP-esque) Im sure there's some movements in the background to try to upend him in case he gets too uppity.

Good question but blood is thicker than water and the elites love to set up their kids in positions of power.

Sanford is going to need help and considering his rhetoric of late (very RP-esque) Im sure there's some movements in the background to try to upend him in case he gets too uppity.
    Sanford has always been pretty RP-esque! He was friends with Dr Paul when they were in the House together.

I'm convinced that had he not had that affair, he would have been our President this year. Convinced.

He has been around long enough to be considered an "establishment" candidate. He has executive experience they all love. Although he called himself a social conservative he didn't go over the top with it. He leans very very fiscally (libertarian) conservative. He would have united the GOP, unlike Romney.

Obama 2012 wasn't as popular as Obama 2008. The Republicans could have beat him, if they had put up a candidate that could unite.

Unfortunately, Sanford's affair killed him on the social conservative front. Idiot. Thought with the wrong head.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

You guys don't think Ted Turner would run his son if he wasn't confident he had several sources of support? Powerful people like Ted Turner has probably already cut several deals.
    Rand Paul : Ultimately, if someone's going to accuse you of something that's going to bring down a presidency, I think we deserve to know who that person is.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    What a grotesque embarrassment Rand has become
    Ron Paul : If you're accused of a crime, you have the right to face your accuser.
    ^^^^^^
    Talk about embarrassing...

SC is right next door to Turner's GA too. Also runs CNN, the most unbiased news source in the country, along with all the other Turner umbrella companies. Radio, tv, etc
    Last edited by devil21; 02-08-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Why would a governor run for a lesser political office? I think Sanford would look for the senate as that has some equal rank as the governor.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilluxe View Post
    Why would a governor run for a lesser political office? I think Sanford would look for the senate as that has some equal rank as the governor.
    He used to be the congressman, he's lived in the district all his life (or parts of it at least). The opportunity came up due to Scott going to the Senate. He's not going to take on Graham or Scott so the senate is filled

John Quincy Adams was a US Congressman after being President.
    John Tyler was a Confederate Congressman after being President.
    Andrew Johnson was a US Senator after being President.
    William Howard Taft was Chief Justice of the Supreme Court after being President.

Looks like Sanford will be in a run-off against Curtis Bostic for the Republican nomination. Stephen Colbert's sister won the Dem nod with 95%. Very surprised Turner finished in 4th place with around 8%. I didn't realize how many people were running for that seat!

http://www.enr-scvotes.org/SC/45550/...n/summary.html

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When Ron talked in the debate about bringing the military home and reopening some of the bases in SC, improving the economy, there was little positive reaction (outside his supporters). It will be a different story with Sanford, since as a former governor, he will have them listening when he touts more local jobs by overseas military downsizing. (Sort of like Rand bringing up the economic benefits of legalizing hemp for Kentucky's economy.)

Sanford won easily. 37% with 19,000 votes almost triple the second place republican. Colbert's sister got 16,000 votes. 53,000 R voters vs 16k D voters, so I think based on that we can be very confident Sanford is going back to congress.