Thread: 8.0 earthquake near Australia...tsunami next?

8.0 earthquake near Australia...tsunami next?

Breaking: 8.0 earthquake Santa Cruz islands, near Australia.

Tsunami Warning In Effect In The South Pacific After 8.0-Magnitude Earthquake

Wikipedia
    Santa Cruz Islands
    A tsunami watch is in effect in Australia, New Zealand, and other places in the South Pacific after an 8.0-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast near the Solomon Islands, Michael van Poppel at BNO News is reporting, citing information from the website of the U.S. Geological Survey.
    The strong quake hit in the Santa Cruz islands, a group of islands 250 miles southeast of the Solomon Islands Chain. It struck 50 miles west of Lata, a provincial capital in the Solomon Islands, at a depth of 5.8 kilometers, the AP reports.
    The Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Tuvalu, New Caledonia, Kosrae, Fiji, Kiribati, and Wallis and Futuna are currently under a tsunami warning, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
    A tsunami watch is in effect for New Zealand, American Samoa, Tonga, Australia, the Marshall Islands, Howland and Baker, Pohnpei, Tokelau, Samoa, the Kermadec Islands, Niue, Cook Islands, and Guam.
    Officials are currently determining whether to expand the tsunami threat to the state of Hawaii, according to the PWTC.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/earth...islands-2013-2
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-05-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh $#@!.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Breaking: 8.0 earthquake Santa Cruz islands, near Australia.
    AGAIN????

Do they have any nuke reactors?

-t

If the initial reports of it being a very shallow quake are true, this could become a serious tsunami event. Monitoring buoys are going into event mode in the area.

West coasters need to watch this.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

So far, so good. Minor tsunami, around 3 feet.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.