Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Twitter Account

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Maybe Rand's goal is liberty, but his message is distinctly not about liberty.
    Yeah it is.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    GMT
    Ahh that makes sense. I keep thinking being on the east coast that I am the center of the universe. :P
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I emailed the guy at Lew Rockwell's site who posted it and attached this thread to show it isn't just 'warmongers' who are disgusted at the language, so smile, you MAY be part of exhibit A...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Yes, I agree. The 'Ron Paul media sphere" at times seems extremely poorly managed. I am sure that may offend some, but it's a necessary criticism. When things like this go on, a review needs to be completed so that there are controls in place on access and rules as to content to be pushed out. Even if the tweet's content has merit, its interpretation by a vast swath of the public will provoke a visceral, negative reaction.

Alternatively, if Ron wants to go LewRockwell'style, and just go heavy anti-war, then so be it. But you'll lose a large part of a growing following, and galvanize your enemies.

EDIT: See Hudak's post above for a visceral reaction from the Washington Times.
    re bolded, I don't think anyone could disagree with you there, and moving from 'too red meat' on the right hand side to 'too red meat' on the left isn't better. The reason the message, and Ron 'bring people together' is he stays out of playground taunting fights and speaks to deeper issues, with logic and compassion.

--
    edit, I forgot to put in my email, so I will here, that Ron's top three donor categories were in the Airforce Army and Navy. does the author of the Rockwell post think those donors are warmongers? I'm pretty sure they'd be unhappy with this tweet, as we are.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-04-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Ron Paul needs a rebuttal, and quick, so that it can be countered.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Once again, a classic example of the TMI - one step forward, two steps back routine. Go figure that it's this bat$#@! statement that is trending now. Iconoclasm doesn't work primarily for PR reasons.
    Iconoclasm is what elevated Ron Paul from an obscure congressman to national attention and look, he's still making headlines out of congress. Name me another former congressman who does ?

Say what you will, RP knows how to get headlines and he knows what he's doing.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I emailed the guy at Lew Rockwell's site who posted it and attached this thread to show it isn't just 'warmongers' who are disgusted at the language, so smile, you MAY be part of exhibit A...
    Help me understand. Chris Kyle confirmed killed over 150 people, some of them women and children. He bragged about it in his book and in national TV interviews, called them savages, and wishes he could have killed more. He even mocked the idea that he would be judged by God for his actions. And we're expressing outrage because something went out under Ron Paul's name quoting the words of Jesus Christ?

Something is seriously awry here, and it's not the quoted words of Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 02-04-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

re bolded, I don't think anyone could disagree with you there, and moving from 'too red meat' on the right hand side to 'too red meat' on the left isn't better. The reason the message, and Ron 'bring people together' is he stays out of playground taunting fights and speaks to deeper issues, with logic and compassion.
    But also, was Ron personally acquainted with the guy? Has a police report been released that detailed exactly what happened? It's just very uncharacteristic of him to level some snark (in respect to treating PTSD at a gun range) while holding up the Bible to something that happened this weekend.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

hXXp://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/02/04/ron-paul-on-murdered-navy-seal-he-pretty-much-deserved-it-n1504825

Ron Paul On Murdered Navy Seal: He Pretty Much Deserved It

Feb 04, 2013 01:50 PM EST
    Former Rep. Ron Paul apparently isn't quite ready to leave the spotlight. Today on his Twitter feed, the failed presidential candidate decided to opine on the recent murder of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, who was helping a fellow soldier recover from PTSD at the time he was killed.
    Kyle was known as the "deadliest" sniper and holds the record for the most sniper kills of terrorists in U.S. history. Kyle was a hero and a family man who dedicated his post-military life to helping soldiers recovering from war. I spoke to him on the phone a year ago when his best selling book "American Sniper" came out and he was nothing but a gentleman.
    Kyle, 38, had left the Navy in 2009 after four tours of duty in Iraq, where he earned a reputation as one of the military's most lethal snipers. But he quickly found a way to maintain contact with his fellow veterans and pass on what had helped him work through his own struggles. By late 2011, he filed the paperwork to establish the nonprofit FITCO Cares, which received its nonprofit status the following spring, said FITCO director Travis Cox.

The work with veterans through FITCO was Kyle's passion, Cox said.

Kyle was always recognized at events, but would deflect attention to other veterans, quickly introducing and praising those around him.

"He (Kyle) didn't have any fear at all as far as working with an extreme case," Cox said. "Just like in combat he would take it on head on and do whatever he could to give these guys assistance. There was no fear in helping anyone that may have an extreme case. He was willing to help anyone in need."
    And about why Kyle would take a man with PTSD to the shooting range:
    "A lot of people are asking why are you taking somebody who is struggling out to go shooting? Well shooting for guys like us in the military is a very very familiar skill set. It's like taking a basketball player out to shoot hoops, you know? So shooting with military veterans who are trying to re-adjust can be very healing and Chris really used that well to his advantage to help people."

Ron Paul should be ashamed, should issue an apology and then he should just go away. Kyle's wife and kids deserve better.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Love the comment! Speak the Truth doctor Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Help me understand. Chris Kyle confirmed killed over 150 people, some of them women and children. He bragged about it in his book and in national TV interviews, called them savages, and wishes he could have killed more. And we're expressing outrage because something went out under Ron Paul's name quoting the words of Jesus Christ?

Something is seriously awry here, and it's not the quoted words of Jesus Christ.
    No, it is red meat. That isn't the issue, and this is a currently sensitive topic about a guy who just died and is considered to be a hero (I don't know him particularly, but do know he was fighting against gun control, and that is how his name was otherwise in the news.) People were already riled up on him and to try to 'score points' by slamming him to no purpose isn't something Ron would do.

I see about a 3% chance that Ron might have written it meaning some complex, much longer statement and didn't realize what the cut to 140 digits version would come across as. But its immediate posting on Rockwell's site DOES lead me to believe someone there wrote it. THEY sling red meat, and shouldn't involve Ron in it when they do.

It doesn't matter if you think it is correct or not, it is NOT Ron Paul and it is Ron Paul's account an he should be able to pick his own fights not gratuitously appear to smear someone whose family is currently mourning their death.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-04-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    This really upset me! Fire the staffer already!
    Same. It's pathetic and stupid and should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    THIS^^^. NOW.
    I would hope it is not one of his grandchildren or something. There's been a lot of weird FB posts and someone mentioned that they believe Ron's grandson handles it. A lot of immaturity, grammatical errors, spelling typos, fragments of thoughts, and now this? Hell, he should just delete his accounts if it's going to be this much of a problem. I agree with previous posters as well that Ron Paul might use this shooting as a means to talk about what is never talked about. Veteran suicide rates and the often unseen problems associated with PTSD. But that's about it. All the bull$#@! with the newsletters, which to this day I still have to refute, should have taught him a thing or two about letting other people state their thoughts under your name.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

This tweet basically translates to 'he had it coming'. Wether or not he did have it coming is besides the point. It's not something Ron would say.
    Whoever did this should be ashamed of themselves.
    I can vote now and I'm voting for Rand!

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, it is red meat. That isn't the issue, and this is a currently sensitive topic about a guy who just died and is considered to be a hero (I don't know him particularly, but do know he was fighting against gun control, and that is how his name was otherwise in the news.) People were already riled up on him and to try to 'score points' by slamming him to no purpose isn't something Ron would do.

I see about a 3% chance that Ron might have written it meaning some complex, much longer statement and didn't realize what the cut to 140 digits version would come across as. But its immediate posting on Rockwell's site DOES lead me to believe someone there wrote it. THEY sling red meat, and shouldn't involve Ron in it when they do.

It doesn't matter if you think it is correct or not, it is NOT Ron Paul and it is Ron Paul's account an he should be able to pick his own fights not gratuitously smear someone whose family is currently mourning their death.
    How do we know Ron didn't express this to the person handling his account? Would many have believed Ron called the conditions in the West Bank a concentration camp if it had only appeared in print, and not in a TV interview?
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    This really upset me! Fire the staffer already!
    I wonder how many people will get the sarcasm from this post.

Maybe Jesse Ventura did it

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    hXXp://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/02/04/ron-paul-on-murdered-navy-seal-he-pretty-much-deserved-it-n1504825
    putting in two live links after breaking the first one isn't helpful

How do we know Ron didn't express this to the person handling his account? Would many have believed Ron called the conditions in the West Bank a concentration camp if it had only appeared in print, and not in a TV interview?
    Ron wouldn't have said it like this. If he were to say anything remotely like the live and die by the sword it would have been regretful and likely a comment on someone else's discussion. He CARES about people. even if he said something privately, which someone is twisting, he wouldn't say it publicly while a family is mourning.

Ron ALWAYS speaks out against getting into 'the personalities'.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-04-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Not sure why you guys are offended? The man killed 160 people. He deserved it

Ron wouldn't have said it like this. If he were to say anything remotely like the live and die by the sword it would have been regretful and likely a comment on someone else's discussion. He CARES about people. even if he said something privately, which someone is twisting, he wouldn't say it publicly while a family is mourning.

Ron ALWAYS speaks out against getting into 'the personalities'.

Exactly. He cares about ideas, not people.

Quote Originally Posted by ican'tvote View Post
    This tweet basically translates to 'he had it coming'. Wether or not he did have it coming is besides the point. It's not something Ron would say.
    Whoever did this should be ashamed of themselves.
    I would imagine they are proud of themselves. Seems to me that they are purposely trying to tarnish Ron Paul's word. Something of a Judas and I'm not even sure he is aware. (of what this person has been saying under his name)
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And Ron Paul posts his own tweets. Many people know that

Ron wouldn't have said it like this. If anything it would have been regretful and likely a comment on someone else's discussion. He CARES about people.
    I really doubt Ron would express sympathy for someone like Chris Kyle. Chris Kyle confirmed killed over 150 people, some of them women and children. He bragged about it in his book and in national TV interviews, called them savages, and wishes he could have killed more. He even mocked the idea that he would be judged by God for his actions.

Ron is often a saintly figure, and it is an admirable trait, but I sincerely doubt his affection and sympathy lies with thugs who revel in their killing.

If this is a marketing ploy it is the worst I have seen. I could see what might be intended.

1) Get's Ron in media to discuss foreign intervention and PTSD.
    2) Put's to rest the 'newsletter' issue by showing that he doesn't keep tabs on things published under his name.

If this is the intention then he needs new marketing advisors.

He said it about Gaza not the West Bank, I believe, and his words around it also gave more detail and context. And yeah, with all the words included, I'd believe it.

Look, if Ron said it, he'd come out and tell us what he meant by it (I strongly disbelieve he did, though.) He doesn't back down. But I can't see him doing this in this fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    And Ron Paul posts his own tweets. Many people know that

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71075.html

When asked about a message that went out under the @RonPaul Twitter account Tuesday night that read, “@jonhuntsman we found your one Iowa voter, he’s in Linn precint 5 you might want to call him and say thanks,” Paul said in an interview on CNN that he didn’t do it.

“I didn’t send it. So I don’t even understand. I’m sorry I didn’t catch the whole message there about Jon Huntsman. I haven’t talked about Jon Huntsman in a long time. So I don’t know what’s going on there,” he said.

When pressed about the fact that the message was sent under his official Twitter handle, Paul said, “I have some help on tweeting,” and continued to dismiss the whole episode as “irrelevant.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz2Jxcxm4O4

He said it about Gaza not the West Bank, I believe, and his words around it also gave more detail and context. And yeah, with all the words included, I'd believe it.

Look, if Ron said it, he'd come out and tell us what he meant by it (I strongly disbelieve he did, though.) He doesn't back down. But I can't see him doing this in this fashion.
    You are correct, I made a mistake and mentioned the West Bank instead of Gaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    Not sure why you guys are offended? The man killed 160 people. He deserved it
    Whether he deserved it or not is not the point. To say that someone deserved to die right after their death is insensitive and it doesn't help the movement make it any easier to spread the anti-war message. Ron didn't inspire millions of people to oppose wars by talking like that.

I'm not sure what upsets me more? The insensitive tweet or the people defending it.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast