Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Twitter Account

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If you click into the profiles of those calling Ron out there is a definite similarity of issues on their timelines.
    They all praise mass murderers like Chris Kyle as heroes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was going to tweet him this thread, but if people feel the need to call soldiers government killers, perhaps I had best not.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    They all praise mass murderers like Chris Kyle as heroes?
    Most, at least, seem to be coming from the angle that because Ron puts US foreign policy and economics above universal support for Israel he is disgusting.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The bottom line is Ron is ultimately responsible for what goes out under his name and for the record, he or whomever runs his social sites is freaking pathetic at it. Such a waste to have the followers he does and blow air on retarded topics most of the time.

Most, at least, seem to be coming from the angle that because Ron puts US foreign policy and economics above universal support for Israel he is disgusting.
    That's their problem, we shouldn't bend to their will. Whoever tweeted this in Ron's name (guess there's a small chance Ron himself tweeted it, however small that is) is correct; if it ruffles feathers, so be it. Perhaps Ron will get some time in an interview to talk about the suicide rate of soldiers coming home from wars.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

Well, at this point it has gotten to the 2d amendment defenders who of all people should adore Ron, and they are just becoming a chorus.

Ron needs someone running his media who is actually THOUGHTFUL about whether they are being true to his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The bottom line is Ron is ultimately responsible for what goes out under his name and for the record, he or whomever runs his social sites is freaking pathetic at it. Such a waste to have the followers he does and blow air on retarded topics most of the time.
    most of the time?

most of the time?
    When it happens far too often they stand out and scour the rest.

I think he himself is very clear and consistent, so consistent that when something is clarified it is obvious either that is what was intended (were he just struggling with 140 characters) or that it is someone else and doesn't reflect his views. I agree with angelatc on his positions. It would be nice if the most consistent Congressman I've ever learned of had social media staff who respected and conformed to it, though.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Lew his handling his social media, that could be a real problem.

I'm going to send him an email.

If said soldier killed someone as a member of an occupying/invading force, yes. Wearing a uniform doesn't change the rules.
    "just following orders" doesn't excuse him either... That was established at the Nuremberg trials where many Nazi's were hung.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    "just following orders" doesn't excuse him either... That was established at the Nuremberg trials where many Nazi's were hung.
    Agreed 100%. Excellent point.

Drudge has linked this now to stir some trouble. No doubt this will cause a storm..

If Lew his handling his social media, that could be a real problem.

I'm going to send him an email.
    Could also just be Ron coming home, as it were. Ron's foreign policy adviser for the past decade is an LRC blogger and contributor, he's had chiefs of staff and legislative directors who were/are also LRC guys. I don't think Lew himself is handling Ron's social media, but it may be an LRC contributor.

Could also just be Ron coming home, as it were. Ron's foreign policy adviser for the past decade is an LRC blogger and contributor, he's had chiefs of staff and legislative directors who were/are also LRC guys. I don't think Lew himself is handling Ron's social media, but it may be an LRC contributor.
    Not a chance, unless it is so twisted by his first forey into twitter and its 140 character limits that he doesn't get the impacts. Ron is VERY sympathetic to the soldiers forced into these wars by economics or false promises of what they would be doing, or just because they were too young to evaluate. His 'let the British send their kids to die, then' to Piers Morgan was heartfelt.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    You would think that by now Ron would require approval of anything that goes out bearing his name.
    You'd think that. I've no idea how he could be so careless with this. He KNOWS that words matter.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to itshappening again."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    The backlash is already all over twitter and the conservative blogosphere. Honestly I'd like to see Rand repudiate the comments, because you know this will get the Rand-haters out in force.

Um. No. "My heart weeps for this young men and women," is what Ron said for our soldiers who bare physical and mental wounds thanks to our senseless foreign policy. He would never tweet anything like this, personally.

Drudge has linked this now to stir some trouble. No doubt this will cause a storm..
    Intended in IMHO. This was not Ron. If Drudge has already linked this then it is a set up.

I follow Ron Paul on facebook and noticed weird posts, of an idiotic quality, and clearly not what Ron would post, I think starting two weeks ago. The new guy managing this social networks is clearly an idiot.

lew just shared this tweet on his fb

Whoever is behind this $#@! needs to pick battles more wisely. I doubt Ron has much security any more and dead mercenaries have a lot of mercenary friends.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Another ghostwriter scandal. Imagine that!

Why on earth does he have people tweeting things in his name?
    It is what someone in his position is supposed to do.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

"Live by the sword, die by the sword" is what the dumbest, stupidest, most delusional people around here would say in this context. There's no way that Ron actually said this. Ugh. How said and pathetic.
    Last edited by KingNothing; 02-05-2013 at 07:47 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Um. No. "My heart weeps for this young men and women," is what Ron said for our soldiers who bare physical and mental wounds thanks to our senseless foreign policy. He would never tweet anything like this, personally.
    Ron would hardly express sympathy for a thug like Chris Kyle. He'd likely express sorrow for the PTSD suffering soldier who shot him, though.

Well, I have to say I agree with the sentiment though, that idolizing what he did, the way people were at the time, was indefensible. I think in a time of war, you know, you expect solemn regret. The media really disgusted me, the way they were treating war kills as if it were a sport or video game. And it was disturbing to hear people I knew then starting to talk about it with the same emotional detachment that they would talk about a football player. It's not the first time the media has exploited a deceased or emotionally vulnerable solider, and it won't be the last. The whole thing is really sad.

I think it's odd though, for Ron (if that truly was him) to call out a particular person like that rather than the idea/situation itself. I don't think he wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by McChronagle View Post
    lew just shared this tweet on his fb
    He shares nearly every blog entry an LRC contributor uploads to LRC.

Seriously, a ridiculous tweet for someone to post using Ron's account.

Which ever one of you posted it (and I am sure you're reading this to see the blowback as we know most of you also lurk the forum), you need to tweet a clarification.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast