Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Twitter Account

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Does anyone here think that it's a good idea to hand over the extremely valuable domain RonPaul.com that Ron Paul wanted and let the incompetent staff who control his Twitter and Facebook page manage the site?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...96#post4855396
    are you the one who owns it? Because that is what I am starting to think from these constant harangues about how rather than insist on a good manager someone should keep Ron from owning his own name.

The guy has a right to the business he built, but the reason RonPaul.ORG is valuable is Ron, since that wasn't the guy's business. Keep this discussion to those threads.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The man's corpse is not even in the ground??????? I have serious reservations that Ron would ever utter any such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    A distinct lack of respect for the dead. Which is important. Regardless of whether the Bible verse could be considered an attack or not, and regardless of whether the guy deserved an attack or not, the man has family somewhere, and the last thing they need this soon after the man's demise is such insensitivity. And this is the main reason I don't think Ron Paul composed and sent this tweet. He would have more respect for the grieving than that.

The man's relations do not deserve disrespect for being loving relations. Even if they're of the Hitler family. It's too soon, it's too blunt, it ain't the doctor's style.
    That was my reaction, but I didn't know this guy's views on how wonderful war was might actually stir people in the other direction. But even when I can't stand someone I don't jump on their mourning on twitter, for example, because everyone has family and they have feelings to consider. I don't need to be mean.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Hence why I used the word "perceived". Reading comprehension 101. Personally, it doesn't sound like language Ron would use to me. That being said, I also know his propensity for administrative failings as a man. I stand by what I said about this possibly damaging the inroads we made with the veterans community, especially if the crowd celebrating Kyle's death run with it. Anything beyond prayers, well-wishes, or RIP upon someone's untimely death will be interpreted as grandstanding.
    For once, I agree with you. If only Kyle had refrained from grandstanding so much over the casualties of war for which he claimed responsibility.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I loved what I did [killing people, that is]. I still do. If circumstances were different--if my family didn't need me--I'd be back in a heartbeat. I'm not lying or exaggerating to say it was fun. I had the time of my life being a SEAL [killing savages].

~~~

Those Gatlings chewed the --- out of the enemy that night. The Iraqis rolled armor out of the city to get us, but they never got close. It got to the point where the Iraqis realized they were --- and tried to flee.

Big mistake. That just made them easier to see. The planes kept coming, nailing them. They had them zeroed in, and zeroed them out. You’d hear the rounds coming past you in the air—errrrrrrrrr—then you’d hear the echo—erhrhrrhrh, followed closely by secondary explosions and whatever other havoc the bullets caused.

---, I thought to myself, this is great. I --- love this. It’s nerve-wracking and exciting and I --- love it.

~~~

It happens that I love to fight.

~~~

You'd have a violent explosion, a fire, and then no more enemy. Gotta love it.

~~~

We had contact every time we went out.

We loved it.

~~~

Now, I like war, and I love doing my job, but it rankled me that the Navy wasn’t keeping its word.... In the end, I was all right with being scheduled for another deployment. I still loved war.

~~~

http://www.epubbud.com/read.php?g=2EBZYJTS&p=7
    I would hope that if someone did a simple search for the word "love" on my autobiography (should I ever have one) it would bring up results referencing wife, children, parents, family in general, things of beauty, knowledge, fun, etc. As it is, you can see above exactly what Chris Kyle loved the most. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Ron has great kinship with the military and always has. His top donors in both campaigns were from the Army, Navy and Air force, remember? He has a base in his district. He is a veteran.

You are sounding like a concern troll now.
    It is apparent. At least this is flushing many out.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    This guy was just awful, most of the people defending him aren't looking past the uniform and are just declaring him a hero because the propaganda during Super Bowl says anyone wearing a uniform is a hero but people in uniform can do very bad things like rape and murder Iraqi's or revel in their kills or make money peddling their escapades.
    you seem to change your war views so much it is dizzying sometimes.

Someone at Lew Rockwell's site is probably involved, seeing how they had a blog post up about the tweet just six minutes after it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    This guy was just awful, most of the people defending him aren't looking past the uniform and are just declaring him a hero because the propaganda during Super Bowl says anyone wearing a uniform is a hero but people in uniform can do very bad things like rape and murder Iraqi's or revel in their kills or make money peddling their escapades.
    There is a time & place for killing. I'm not justifying all of Kyle's actions, but there may come a day when such actions are needed in this land.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-04-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Ron has great kinship with the military and always has. His top donors in both campaigns were from the Army, Navy and Air force, remember? He has a base in his district. He is a veteran.
    Thank you captain obvious. Are you going to post more from his wikipedia page?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I would hope that if someone did a simple search for the word "love" on my autobiography (should I ever have one) it would bring up results referencing wife, children, parents, family in general, things of beauty, knowledge, fun, etc. As it is, you can see above exactly what Chris Kyle loved the most. Sad.
    There is a place for these people. Too bad Mr Kyle did not stay around long enough to really do some good.

A distinct lack of respect for the dead. Which is important. Regardless of whether the Bible verse could be considered an attack or not, and regardless of whether the guy deserved an attack or not, the man has family somewhere, and the last thing they need this soon after the man's demise is such insensitivity. And this is the main reason I don't think Ron Paul composed and sent this tweet. He would have more respect for the grieving than that.

The man's relations do not deserve disrespect for being loving relations. Even if they're of the Hitler family. It's too soon, it's too blunt, it ain't the doctor's style.
    It's "too soon" to be prognosticating over an unverified tweet. I can see this argued, and can argue it, either way. Why entrench ourselves into a position based on partial information? It's like Rand's "Civil Rights Act" comment. I told people "Wait until Rand has had a chance to clarify the statement himself." But nooooo. People went all into spin mode, and when Rand clarified it in a way they didn't like they had egg on their face.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The problem is that one, most Americans don't know all those things the guy did and two, he's not even in the ground. Respect should at least be shown to his family at this time.

Politics is so very much perception. This tweet really came out badly and the blowback is not going to be good for the liberty movement.

At this point, I am just hoping a clarification tweet comes out to smooth some of this over.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-04-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

you seem to change your war views so much it is dizzying sometimes.

I still think that's a red herring. Paul never uses the personal attack technique. Truth or not, it just seems so out of character for Ron Paul to make a statement that insults a dead man.

+Rep

The sickening thing about all of this is that all of the warmongers who worship people like Chris Kyle will be more focused on what Ron Paul (may have) said on Twitter rather than on the more despicable words that Kyle himself has said in his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It's "too soon" to be prognosticating over an unverified tweet. I can see this argued, and can argue it, either way. Why entrench ourselves into a position based on partial information? It's like Rand's "Civil Rights Act" comment. I told people "Wait until Rand has had a chance to clarify the statement himself." But nooooo. People went all into spin mode, and when Rand clarified it in a way they didn't like they had egg on their face.
    I go with what angelatc says. If it is Ron, he will own it and explain it. If it isn't, he may never throw anyone under the bus for it though. But hopefully he will at least clarify only to consider tweets with his initials, as the labor rept one had, to be actually from him.

A distinct lack of respect for the dead. Which is important.
    Not all dead deserve respect. I would spit on Stalin's grave. Absolutely. I would tear down his statue. I would climb Mt Rushmore to spit on Abe Lincoln's head. If Obama died tomorrow, I would say "good riddance". Some former New York mayor died the other day, and I say good riddance to him, too. And yes, good riddance to Chris Kyle. Good riddance to him. Now that is me saying it, not Ron Paul's Twitter account. The facts are:

1) This creature deserves to be attacked.
    2) The tweet did not even attack him. It just stated truth.

As to being too blunt? If you have a problem with "blunt", this may not be the last time you have a problem with the man named Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    There is a time & place for killing. I'm not justifying all of Kyle's actions, but there may come day when such actions are needed in this land.
    And when such actions are needed in this land, and someone steps up to the plate, (as I am sure many would) I would applaud them as heroes. I agree that this man's family should be able to mourn in peace and doubt that Ron Paul is the authoer of the tweet.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The sickening thing about all of this is that all of the warmongers who worship people like Chris Kyle will be more focused on what Ron Paul (may have) said on Twitter rather than on the more despicable words that Kyle himself has said in his own book.
    THEY DON'T KNOW what Kyle said in his book and the media isn't going to tell them. So, yeah, this tweet looks horrible!
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hate the war, not the warrior. The path of the warrior should not impugned, and I'm not necessarily talking about the U.S. armed forces being sent on imperial forays.

They will take cover wherever they can. Just as they have always done.

I go with what angelatc says. If it is Ron, he will own it and explain it. If it isn't, he may never throw anyone under the bus for it though. But hopefully he will at least clarify only to consider tweets with his initials, as the labor rept one had, to be actually from him.
    At least. I, for one, would be happier if the only tweets to appear under his name came himself. Even if it did reduce their quantity by ninety percent or so.

Not all dead deserve respect. I would spit on Stalin's grave. Absolutely. I would tear down his statue. I would climb Mt Rushmore to spit on Abe Lincoln's head. If Obama died tomorrow, I would say "good riddance". Some former New York mayor died the other day, and I say good riddance to him, too. And yes, good riddance to Chris Kyle. Good riddance to him. Now that is me saying it, not Ron Paul's Twitter account. The facts are:

1) This creature deserves to be attacked.
    2) The tweet did not even attack him. It just stated truth.

As to being too blunt? If you have a problem with "blunt", this may not be the last time you have a problem with the man named Ron Paul.
    And what have you to say about respect for this man's grieving relatives? Have they no right to feel their grief? He is dead. They are still here, and suffering. Respect for him is moot right now. Respect for them is their due as humans.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

What are you talking about? This is great! The whole internet is talking. Maybe they'll feature the story on Fox News tonight. Ron is back at it, dropping truth bombs. Even if it wasn't personally him, it an important truth bomb to get out, and dropped at the perfect opportune time for maximum effect.

You mustn't rock the boat. This could hurt Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    THEY DON'T KNOW what Kyle said in his book and the media isn't going to tell them. So, yeah, this tweet looks horrible!
    Even if they did, it wouldn't matter. A lot of their crowd agrees that the only good Muslim is a dead one.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    They don't know what he said, or they don't know that what he said was vile? There's a difference. I think Kyle played well to the "Kill em all and let God sort em out" and the "Let's turn Iran into a glass parking lot" crowd.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Even if they did, it wouldn't matter. A lot of their crowd agrees that the only good Muslim is a dead one.
    Those aren't really going to be our folks, it is the many who don't even get caught up in that stuff who are open to Ron the most.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    They don't know what he said, or they don't know that what he said was vile? There's a difference. I think Kyle played well to the "Kill em all and let God sort em out" and the "Let's turn Iran into a glass parking lot" crowd.
    I never even heard of him. His nickname was vaguely familiar. Most will just know him as an army sniper who was just murdered at a range because THAT is what has been being played up in the recent gun control debate.

Whatever, it is what it is, and eventually we will likely find out exactly WHAT it is...

There is a time & place for killing. I'm not justifying all of Kyle's actions, but there may come a day when such actions are needed in this land.
    Heaven help us if that day ever comes to pass. Everyone in that situation would be thankful to have a skilled marksman backing them up though.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Heaven help us if that day ever comes to pass. Everyone in that situation would be thankful to have a skilled marksman backing them up though.
    I think everyone on here is in favor of defending our country with all we've got, in that situation.

Hate the war, not the warrior. The path of the warrior should not impugned, and I'm not necessarily talking about the U.S. armed forces being sent on imperial forays.
    I completely agree. Except in the case of this particular warrior. Kyle's thoughts about war and about killing people are well-deserving of any enmity they arouse.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast