Thread: Pointing out the hypocrisy (Ron Paul right again)

Pointing out the hypocrisy (Ron Paul right again)

Looking at this whole tweet deal I see everyone missing the point Ron Paul is making.

Rewind to the Connecticut school shooting and the argument gun control advocates are using is that weapons area too accessible. In defense, Republicans resort to a debate on mental health and the accessibility of weapons to the mentally unstable.

So Chris Kyle dies as a result of putting a weapon in the hand of someone suffering from a mental disorder. Republicans immediately and totally forget the crux of their argument against gun control in lieu of praising the efforts of Chris Kyle to rehabilitate a soldier suffering from a very serious mental disorder.

Not that I think that blaming the mentally ill is a better defense then a strait argument about the second amendments as a fail safe against tyranny, but if republicans are going to make the argument that murder and subsequent mass murders are a result of the deeds of the mentally unstable they better be willing to stand up for that when one of their own dies as a legitimate result of said disorders.
    Never in the history of America have individuals come out to support a candidate like this. with so many of us willing to spend every dime to our name, donate every hour we can spare, and brave literally hell to vote for him. .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent point!
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

//
    Last edited by July; 02-06-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Politics seems to be about mastering the art of being a flaming hypocrite.

Here's a few more (not arguing validity of arguments, just examples):
    1) Earth is only 6000 years old but man has no part in global warming.

2) Pro-life, unless it's a muslim then $#@! em.

3) Pro-choice, except for anything that offends a Democrat, then you get the gov't to ban it for you.

4) Taxes suck! Unless it pays for wars.

5) Taxes are great! As long as it's the other guy's taxes.

There's a bunch more. Ive accepted that politics is indeed the art of being a flaming hypocrite.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-05-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

This is many cases is just as bad if not worse than the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter teaching her son proficiency with firearms and then not securing them it just doesn't make sense to blame mental illness until its a soldier suffering then throw out your entire argument to smear Dr. Paul.

Pisses me off. I'll be the first to admit I was coming around on Glenn Beck. I take everything with a grain of salt, but he has no clue what a voice he could be for our movement. Instead he continues to throw all of that away. Enjoy your couch potato Tea Party Glenn, the real activist want nothing to do with you.
    Never in the history of America have individuals come out to support a candidate like this. with so many of us willing to spend every dime to our name, donate every hour we can spare, and brave literally hell to vote for him. .