Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Twitter Account

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Just like Ron attacking Chris Kyle is twisting his words.
    Maybe so. It was still an insensitive, moronic thing to tweet. IDC who wrote it.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just like Ron attacking Chris Kyle is twisting his words.
    When did Ron attack Kyle?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It was not Ron Paul. Stop it.
    Absolutely. Stop it or prove it.

We do not suffer gladly attempts to make something which may or may not be a lie true by repeating it ad naseum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

When did Ron attack Kyle?
    He didn't, that's what people in this very thread are saying. I'm refuting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Ron has always been very clever at getting headlines and media attention. It's no accident he came to prominence. Look at his debate performances, he was even more forthright then than here. I wouldn't so far as to say this wouldn't be the kind of thing he would say, free from the halls of congress .
    I would. So I guess we will just have to disagree.

Who is on Ron Paul's payroll right now? Anyone? Because they should be fired, all of them, for not already getting out ahead of this by now.
    I am surprised 'Teh Collinz' hasn't released a statement by now. Maybe I should get to typing one?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

"Savage, despicable evil," writes Kyle. "That’s what we were fighting in Iraq…. People ask me all the time, 'How many people have you killed?’... The number is not important to me. I only wish I had killed more. Not for bragging rights, but because I believe the world is a better place without savages out there taking American lives."

Kyle was a mass murdering thug. He got what he deserved.

All the World's a Stage.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

... and the blogger replied to my email by pointing out that it is already all over the internet...

and which came first, I honestly don't know...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Well, one of his staffers reportedly said that Ron has been authoring his own social media comments "since he left office."
    Just peachy.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who is on Ron Paul's payroll right now? Anyone? Because they should be fired, all of them, for not already getting out ahead of this by now.
    Someone better lose a job today, or Ron will lose more than one supporter.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

He didn't, that's what people in this very thread are saying. I'm refuting it.
    This thread is going fast. Sorry. Glad we agree on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Well, one of his staffers reportedly said that Ron has been authoring his own social media comments "since he left office."
    Just peachy.
    If so he would have had some much longer more thoughtful comment and cutting it to 140 letters completely changed it. It truly doesn't seem like him though, under the circumstances.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Just peachy.
    Of course Ron Paul said this. It is the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    What an absolutely disgusting commentary saying veterans reveled in killing. I wonder what Gunny thinks of these comments. I never been ashamed to be a member of this forum until today.
    This particular veteran reveled in killing. Are you not aware of who this man was? (Not that I am justifying attacking him right after his death)

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    What an absolutely disgusting commentary saying veterans reveled in killing. I wonder what Gunny thinks of these comments. I never been ashamed to be a member of this forum until today.
    You are extremely dense. For someone who knocks others for not being able to read between lines and read Rand's mind when he's pandering to neocons, you can't do it yourself. The answer to my question is clearly "none, or very, very few of them," so my point is that attacking Chris Kyle is not in any way analogous to attacking all veterans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    that is problematic because I think he doesn't really have that level of staff yet. I think they are yet to be on board. I'm afraid it is going to fester and have to be addressed later. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If so he would have had some much longer more thoughtful comment and cutting it to 140 letters completely changed it. It truly doesn't seem like him though, under the circumstances.
    Especially not when you couple it with the facebook posts. Someone is trolling, adding subtle little immaturities and trying to tarnish his reputation.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    This particular veteran reveled in killing. Are you not aware of who this man was? (Not that I am justifying attacking him right after his death)
    "Savage, despicable evil," writes Kyle. "That’s what we were fighting in Iraq…. People ask me all the time, 'How many people have you killed?’... The number is not important to me. I only wish I had killed more. Not for bragging rights, but because I believe the world is a better place without savages out there taking American lives."
    The Pseudo-Courage of Chris Kyle http://lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w245.html

It was probably Jesse Benton.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Are all soldiers government killers then?
    The ones who work for governments and kill people are. Let's look at the facts:

1) They work for the government
    2) They kill people.

Are you unaware of the definitions of the words you use? Who, exactly, would be a "government killer" if not those whose work is killing people for the government?

I didn't know that to be non-interventionist you had to hate our troops.
    People's emotional states will vary. I personally hate war. I hate murder. I hate mass-murderers. Connect the dots.

I have a hard time believing someone who goes out of his way to give medals to soldiers returning home would say something like this. I dunno....

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    Weeding out the chaff. The tweet is true. Deal with it.

It was probably Jesse Benton.
    It really wouldn't surprise me if it was. This is exactly the kind of thing he would do.

I am surprised 'Teh Collinz' hasn't released a statement by now. Maybe I should get to typing one?
    He did. Post #26

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It wasn't me!

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Ron has always been very clever at getting headlines and media attention. It's no accident he came to prominence. Look at his debate performances, he was even more forthright then than here. I wouldn't so far as to say this wouldn't be the kind of thing he would say, free from the halls of congress .
    The man isn't even issuing video for us to make prominent. Other than his straight talk it has been radio silence. He has an entire NATION of internet sites and they are waiting on him. He isn't using what he has, why would he try to gin up attention like THIS?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And note to Lew Rockwell, this tweet does not speak for everyone, or what we're thinking. No donations from me this year! When a man is murdered I don't think GOOD in any case. I'm anti-death penalty. My father was in the Vietnam War [Navy], do the people defending Ron on this think my dad should have been killed by a missile?
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Regardless of how you feel about Kyle, Ron Paul *never* attacks people personally. I can't imagine him ever criticizing a soldier for following orders, but regardless - he'd be more inclined to criticize the actions, and not the person.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I have a hard time believing someone who goes out of his way to give medals to soldiers returning home would say something like this. I dunno....
    bingo.

werent peoples twitters hacked?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2415050,00.asp
    Last edited by No Free Beer; 02-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast