Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Twitter Account

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ron Paul Twitter Account

Is it Ron actually running this? Because this last tweet is pretty offensive...

Follow

Ron PaulVerified
    ‏@RonPaul
    Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is really odd.

The 'lives by the sword dies by the sword' seems very un-Ron-ish, under the circumstances, but the frustration at taking a guy with PTSD to a firing range could be a doctor thing.

I'm thinking not.

He seems to have some people who insert leftist cultural stuff into his things (read the immigration chapter in Liberty Defined, and I am not talking about the policy position, but they 'they have a better work standard' gratuitous slap in the face stuff') I don't like leftist red meat any more than rightist red meat, and Ron doesn't typically use ANY. So, I don't know.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    That is really odd.

The 'lives by the sword dies by the sword' seems very un-Ron-ish, under the circumstances, but the frustration at taking a guy with PTSD to a firing range could be a doctor thing.

I'm thinking not.

He seems to have some people who insert leftist cultural stuff into his things (read the immigration chapter in Liberty Defined, and I am not talking about the policy position, but they 'they have a better work standard' gratuitous slap in the face stuff') I don't like leftist red meat any more than rightist red meat, and Ron doesn't typically use ANY. So, I don't know.
    It just worries me because this guy is regarded highly by most people in this country (those that have heard about him) and having someone like Ron's account cut him down and almost treat the death like a joke does real damage to our movement. I know lots of people don't like Rand because he tries to be overly polished sometimes but it's stuff like this which does more harm than good. If you're going to tweet libertarian red meat, don't do it over a navy SEAL's dead body.

That is really odd.

I'm thinking not.

"He who lives by the sword dies by the sword" has been a theme at LRC since Kyle's death, and Ron very frequently uses rhetoric that appears on LRC before a statement. It also works in reverse; oftentimes LRC uses rhetoric Ron used in an interview or statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword" has been a theme at LRC since Kyle's death, and Ron very frequently uses rhetoric that appears on LRC before a statement. It also works in reverse; oftentimes LRC uses rhetoric Ron used in an interview or statement.
    I do think some from there may be in charge of his media now, which has a reverse issue to some during the campaign. He needs someone who DOESN'T want to gin up excitement by throwing red meat, in the language of 'any' side, but suggest solutions. In other words, someone like he is himself, to be his voice.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I do think some from there may be in charge of his media now, which has a reverse issue to some during the campaign. He needs someone who DOESN'T want to gin up excitement by throwing red meat, in the language of 'any' side, but suggest solutions. In other words, someone like he is himself, to be his voice.
    How about Ron Paul? He should have a lot more free time, and less to do. He's not running for President, and I think we all understand that he won't be running for President again. Let's just say that Ron Paul wrote this. Some people don't like it, so what? Rand has distanced himself from it a bit. That's a plus. Opportunities for Rand to distance himself from the seemingly unpatriotic things that Ron says are good to have.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    How about Ron Paul? He should have a lot more free time, and less to do. He's not running for President, and I think we all understand that he won't be running for President again. Let's just say that Ron Paul wrote this. Some people don't like it, so what? Rand has distanced himself from it a bit. That's a plus. Opportunities for Rand to distance himself from the seemingly unpatriotic things that Ron says are good to have.
    So now that he's retired you're willing to turn him into the crazy loon the media tried to portray him as for the last 6 years? And happy that's a good thing for Rand. Check.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

BY all means, let's have this person run RonPaul.com, since he's doing such a bang up job on Facebook and Twitter.

I think the PTSD line came from here, not Ron Paul himself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The left and right are pretty detached from what reactions their red meat inspires on the other side. And from independents for that matter.

I agree. Not sure what to do about it.

I think only his supporters are following him now, and I won't retweet that, if you won't...
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-04-2013 at 11:51 AM.

I think only his supporters are following him now, and I won't retweet that, if you won't...
    Doesn't appear to be just his supporters based on the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Doesn't appear to be just his supporters based on the comments.
    You mean the guy whose top tweet right now is this one to McCain?

Joshua Treviño ‏@jstrevino

Goodness, this John McCain chap needs to learn to address crazed, murderous, anti-Semitic fanatics with proper decorum. Tut tut, sir.

Yeah, he seems to want to smear Ron.

but I agree Ron should pick someone better. I'm still up for a chip in to send him a singing messenger bearing resumes.....

If you click into the profiles of those calling Ron out there is a definite similarity of issues on their timelines.

If you click into the profiles of those calling Ron out there is a definite similarity of issues on their timelines.
    They all praise mass murderers like Chris Kyle as heroes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    They all praise mass murderers like Chris Kyle as heroes?
    Most, at least, seem to be coming from the angle that because Ron puts US foreign policy and economics above universal support for Israel he is disgusting.

I was going to tweet him this thread, but if people feel the need to call soldiers government killers, perhaps I had best not.

Well, at this point it has gotten to the 2d amendment defenders who of all people should adore Ron, and they are just becoming a chorus.

Ron needs someone running his media who is actually THOUGHTFUL about whether they are being true to his voice.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, at this point it has gotten to the 2d amendment defenders who of all people should adore Ron, and they are just becoming a chorus.

Ron needs someone running his media who is actually THOUGHTFUL about whether they are being true to his voice.
    Exactly. If Ron can provide pithy comments for material, that would be great. If not, there are an abundance of books and video transcripts to pull original quotes from, and it could always be infused with any of the hundreds of sources that Ron Paul mentions.

Just making stuff up and attributing it to Ron Paul never works out well.

If this is indeed Ron behind this tweet (and his facebook posts), I think it's safe to say that his first personal foray into social media hasn't been top-notch.

If it isn't Ron, the person who tweeted this shouldn't be allowed access to the account again.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    If this is indeed Ron behind this tweet (and his facebook posts), I think it's safe to say that his first personal foray into social media hasn't been top-notch.

If it isn't Ron, the person who tweeted this shouldn't be allowed access to the account again.
    I can almost guarantee you that it isn't Ron. He never gets involved in these one-of situation discussions. If he was on a talk show, I think he would immediately switch to a generalization, something like "well I don't know that much about it, but i think the shooter was a veteran with ptsd. we need to look at our foreign policy and what it is doing to our soldiers. We're losing more of them to suicide than combat."

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can almost guarantee you that it isn't Ron. He never gets involved in these one-of situation discussions. If he was on a talk show, I think he would immediately switch to a generalization, something like "well I don't know that much about it, but i think the shooter was a veteran with ptsd. we need to look at our foreign policy and what it is doing to our soldiers. We're losing more of them to suicide than combat."
    Yes, that does sound more like Ron.

You would think that by now Ron would require approval of anything that goes out bearing his name.

You would think that by now Ron would require approval of anything that goes out bearing his name.
    because he's into central management.

I'll never expect that. I would prefer he find someone trustworthy before he trusts them, however.

..sigh... If I tweet back my followers will just be curious and check out Ron's tweet. I hadn't seen it.

You'd think that. I've no idea how he could be so careless with this. He KNOWS that words matter.

The backlash is already all over twitter and the conservative blogosphere. Honestly I'd like to see Rand repudiate the comments, because you know this will get the Rand-haters out in force.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    The backlash is already all over twitter and the conservative blogosphere. Honestly I'd like to see Rand repudiate the comments, because you know this will get the Rand-haters out in force.

I think it's someone Ron trusts (and therefore doesn't keep an eye on) trying to discredit Ron and make Rand the face of the "liberty movement".

Apparently the account onepoliceplazza tweeted the exact same thing before "Ron" did. And that account has now been suspended...this could get ugly.

The guy is a government killer and mass murderer, 160 kills and bragged about it.

There is nothing wrong with Ron's tweet. He had it coming.

If that offends people so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    The guy is a government killer and mass murderer, 160 kills and bragged about it.

Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post

Well said

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast