Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 758

Thread: Ron Paul Twitter Account

  1. #1

    Default Ron Paul Twitter Account

    Is it Ron actually running this? Because this last tweet is pretty offensive...



    Follow

    Ron PaulVerified
    ‏@RonPaul
    Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    That is really odd.

    The 'lives by the sword dies by the sword' seems very un-Ron-ish, under the circumstances, but the frustration at taking a guy with PTSD to a firing range could be a doctor thing.

    I'm thinking not.

    He seems to have some people who insert leftist cultural stuff into his things (read the immigration chapter in Liberty Defined, and I am not talking about the policy position, but they 'they have a better work standard' gratuitous slap in the face stuff') I don't like leftist red meat any more than rightist red meat, and Ron doesn't typically use ANY. So, I don't know.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    That is really odd.

    The 'lives by the sword dies by the sword' seems very un-Ron-ish, under the circumstances, but the frustration at taking a guy with PTSD to a firing range could be a doctor thing.

    I'm thinking not.

    He seems to have some people who insert leftist cultural stuff into his things (read the immigration chapter in Liberty Defined, and I am not talking about the policy position, but they 'they have a better work standard' gratuitous slap in the face stuff') I don't like leftist red meat any more than rightist red meat, and Ron doesn't typically use ANY. So, I don't know.
    It just worries me because this guy is regarded highly by most people in this country (those that have heard about him) and having someone like Ron's account cut him down and almost treat the death like a joke does real damage to our movement. I know lots of people don't like Rand because he tries to be overly polished sometimes but it's stuff like this which does more harm than good. If you're going to tweet libertarian red meat, don't do it over a navy SEAL's dead body.

  5. #4

    Default

    BY all means, let's have this person run RonPaul.com, since he's doing such a bang up job on Facebook and Twitter.

    I think the PTSD line came from here, not Ron Paul himself.
    .[QUOTE]"Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]
    ..
    .

    I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

  6. #5

    Default

    The left and right are pretty detached from what reactions their red meat inspires on the other side. And from independents for that matter.

    I agree. Not sure what to do about it.

    I think only his supporters are following him now, and I won't retweet that, if you won't...
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-04-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  7. #6

    Default

    If this is indeed Ron behind this tweet (and his facebook posts), I think it's safe to say that his first personal foray into social media hasn't been top-notch.

    If it isn't Ron, the person who tweeted this shouldn't be allowed access to the account again.

  8. #7

    Default

    You would think that by now Ron would require approval of anything that goes out bearing his name.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    You would think that by now Ron would require approval of anything that goes out bearing his name.
    because he's into central management.

    I'll never expect that. I would prefer he find someone trustworthy before he trusts them, however.

    ..sigh... If I tweet back my followers will just be curious and check out Ron's tweet. I hadn't seen it.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  10. #9

    Default

    The backlash is already all over twitter and the conservative blogosphere. Honestly I'd like to see Rand repudiate the comments, because you know this will get the Rand-haters out in force.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I think only his supporters are following him now, and I won't retweet that, if you won't...
    Doesn't appear to be just his supporters based on the comments.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    That is really odd.

    The 'lives by the sword dies by the sword' seems very un-Ron-ish, under the circumstances, but the frustration at taking a guy with PTSD to a firing range could be a doctor thing.

    I'm thinking not.

    He seems to have some people who insert leftist cultural stuff into his things (read the immigration chapter in Liberty Defined, and I am not talking about the policy position, but they 'they have a better work standard' gratuitous slap in the face stuff') I don't like leftist red meat any more than rightist red meat, and Ron doesn't typically use ANY. So, I don't know.
    "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword" has been a theme at LRC since Kyle's death, and Ron very frequently uses rhetoric that appears on LRC before a statement. It also works in reverse; oftentimes LRC uses rhetoric Ron used in an interview or statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

  13. #12

    Default

    I think it's someone Ron trusts (and therefore doesn't keep an eye on) trying to discredit Ron and make Rand the face of the "liberty movement".

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    If this is indeed Ron behind this tweet (and his facebook posts), I think it's safe to say that his first personal foray into social media hasn't been top-notch.

    If it isn't Ron, the person who tweeted this shouldn't be allowed access to the account again.
    I can almost guarantee you that it isn't Ron. He never gets involved in these one-of situation discussions. If he was on a talk show, I think he would immediately switch to a generalization, something like "well I don't know that much about it, but i think the shooter was a veteran with ptsd. we need to look at our foreign policy and what it is doing to our soldiers. We're losing more of them to suicide than combat."
    .[QUOTE]"Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]
    ..
    .

    I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLouAlbano View Post
    Doesn't appear to be just his supporters based on the comments.
    You mean the guy whose top tweet right now is this one to McCain?

    Joshua Treviρo ‏@jstrevino

    Goodness, this John McCain chap needs to learn to address crazed, murderous, anti-Semitic fanatics with proper decorum. Tut tut, sir.

    Yeah, he seems to want to smear Ron.

    but I agree Ron should pick someone better. I'm still up for a chip in to send him a singing messenger bearing resumes.....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  16. #15

    Default

    Apparently the account onepoliceplazza tweeted the exact same thing before "Ron" did. And that account has now been suspended...this could get ugly.

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I can almost guarantee you that it isn't Ron. He never gets involved in these one-of situation discussions. If he was on a talk show, I think he would immediately switch to a generalization, something like "well I don't know that much about it, but i think the shooter was a veteran with ptsd. we need to look at our foreign policy and what it is doing to our soldiers. We're losing more of them to suicide than combat."
    Yes, that does sound more like Ron.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  18. #17

    Default

    The guy is a government killer and mass murderer, 160 kills and bragged about it.

    There is nothing wrong with Ron's tweet. He had it coming.

    If that offends people so be it.

  19. #18

    Default

    Ron Paul is now trending...not good.

  20. #19

    Default

    Michelle Malkin ‏@michellemalkin
    He in infected with malware. RT @TwitchyTeam Disgusting: Ron Paul attacks murder victim, war hero Chris Kyle http://bit.ly/UohsPp


    That could be a defense of him?

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword" has been a theme at LRC since Kyle's death, and Ron very frequently uses rhetoric that appears on LRC before a statement. It also works in reverse; oftentimes LRC uses rhetoric Ron used in an interview or statement.
    I do think some from there may be in charge of his media now, which has a reverse issue to some during the campaign. He needs someone who DOESN'T want to gin up excitement by throwing red meat, in the language of 'any' side, but suggest solutions. In other words, someone like he is himself, to be his voice.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    The guy is a government killer and mass murderer, 160 kills and bragged about it.

    There is nothing wrong with Ron's tweet. He had it coming.

    If that offends people so be it.

    Completely agree.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Michelle Malkin ‏@michellemalkin
    He in infected with malware. RT @TwitchyTeam Disgusting: Ron Paul attacks murder victim, war hero Chris Kyle http://bit.ly/UohsPp


    That could be a defense of him?
    I think she will wait and see, not that she loves him but won't want to get involved. It really DOESN'T sound like him. Twitchy Team on the other hand is trying to stir up trouble
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Ron Paul is now trending...not good.
    Not sure. If they care that much hopefully his clarification will trend too. Or he will get someone new to handle his account. Either would be good.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  25. #24

    Default

    The only problem with Ron Paul "uncensored" is it may hurt Rand's activities but there is nothing wrong with the tweet.

    This man was a government killer, he was not a hero. It exposes how stupid conservatives are that they think he's a hero.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I think she will wait and see, not that she loves him but won't want to get involved. It really DOESN'T sound like him. Twitchy Team on the other hand is trying to stir up trouble
    Another ghostwriter scandal. Imagine that!

    Why on earth does he have people tweeting things in his name?
    .[QUOTE]"Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]
    ..
    .

    I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

  27. #26

    Default

    It wasn't me!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Has YOUR Congressman committed to voting AGAINST The Internet Sales Tax?


  28. #27

    Default

    Are all soldiers government killers then? I didn't know that to be non-interventionist you had to hate our troops.

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Are all soldiers government killers then? I didn't know that to be non-interventionist you had to hate our troops.
    If said soldier killed someone as a member of an occupying/invading force, yes. Wearing a uniform doesn't change the rules.
    Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 02-04-2013 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

  30. #29

    Default

    If you click into the profiles of those calling Ron out there is a definite similarity of issues on their timelines.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  31. #30
    Mr. Republitarian FSP-Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A^2
    Posts
    10,225
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Are all soldiers government killers then? I didn't know that to be non-interventionist you had to hate our troops.
    Ancaps tend to use that language. That said, why in the world would Ron's account be wasting a post on this when there's way more crucial things to get trending.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •