- RonPaulForums.com is an independent grassroots outfit not officially connected to Ron Paul but dedicated to his mission. For more information see our Mission Statement.
* Enforce Border Security – America should be guarding her own borders and enforcing her own laws instead of policing the world and implementing UN mandates.
* No Amnesty - The Obama Administration’s endorsement of so-called “Comprehensive Immigration Reform,” granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, will only encourage more law-breaking.
* Abolish the Welfare State – Taxpayers cannot continue to pay the high costs to sustain this powerful incentive for illegal immigration. As Milton Friedman famously said, you can’t have open borders and a welfare state.
* End Birthright Citizenship – As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be granted U.S. citizenship, we’ll never be able to control our immigration problem.
Reprinted from http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/immigration/ [Nov. 29, 2011]
At my store once we realized the scope of creditcard fees on a business that operates on transactions in the $8-$20 range, we raised all of our prices by 50 cents. This credit card non-sense should be passed on to the consumer so it is visible, it is ridiculous. Banks charge the business for taking their card from a customer, and then the banks turn around and charge the customer for interest on the debt they just accumulated. Total crap.
Big businesses create their own creditcards to bypass the fee, like Target's Visa Card that earns you 5% cash back, etc.. Small businesses end up both footing the bill and looking like jerks for having higher prices!
Last edited by RabbitMan; 02-04-2013 at 02:35 AM.
"Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012
'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988
Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation
'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...