Thread: Rand Paul: We Don't Have To Pay England To Be Our Friend, Why Do We Have to Pay Egypt?

Rand Paul: We Don't Have To Pay England To Be Our Friend, Why Do We Have to Pay Egypt?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Friends don't pay friends for friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    So, it failed, eh?
    Yeah, 79-19, I believe.

This is a novel way of taking on AIPAC! Rand won't make many friends in D.C

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    This is a novel way of taking on AIPAC! Rand won't make many friends in D.C
    I thought it was brilliant.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

We are really paying Egypt not to go to war with Israel.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Maybe we should stop paying them and stop giving them weapons to one day go to war.

Do you think Egypt would attack Israel with ~ 300 nukes?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    Yeah, 79-19, I believe.
    The "yea" votes were to table the amendment. The others who voted No are:

Boozman (R-AR)
    Coats (R-IN)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Cruz (R-TX)
    Fischer (R-NE)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Heller (R-NV)
    Lee (R-UT)
    Moran (R-KS)
    Paul (R-KY)
    Risch (R-ID)
    Roberts (R-KS)
    Rubio (R-FL)
    Scott (R-SC)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Vitter (R-LA)
    http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00009

Damn, David Vitter finally did something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Muslims don't care about dying, they just want to kill Jews and $#@! virgins in Mohammad heaven.

/Israel-first Neocon

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They have, Israel had the nukes loaded and ready to go in '73 until the US bailed them out.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Damn, David Vitter finally did something right.
    He's against birthright citizenship, so he's got that right as well. He's also in favor of banning government recognition of homosexual 'marriage' and had a A+ rating from GOA in 2010.

Not one democrat? I guess they like to arm counties for war....

Yeah, I was surprised at that. Sort of.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It seems like the Left has changed their tune about war since Obama got elected in '08.

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    Muslims don't care about dying, they just want to kill Jews and $#@! virgins in Mohammad heaven.

/Israel-first Neocon
    And Jews don't beleive in the afterlife so they have no problem stealing land and killing brown people

/Anti-Isreal-libertarian-pussy
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Rand is a freaking genius! That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    And Jews don't beleive in the afterlife so they have no problem stealing land and killing brown people

/Anti-Isreal-libertarian-pussy
    you have no idea how many christians don't know that the idea of an after-life/heaven-hell is a new concept.
    that is why the book of Jobe had to be written. god's rewards were here on earth, so why would he let bad things happen to good people? to test their love for him. isn't that precious.
    the first mention of after life is in 2 Maccabees 12:38-46, Judas Maccabee orders that sacrifices be offered in the Temple in Jerusalem for slain Jewish soldiers who had worn pagan amulets (good-luck charms).
    Some people have seen this story as biblical justification for the teaching on purgatory. That certainly overstates the author’s intention. If, however, those Jewish soldiers did something wrong by wearing pagan amulets, why offer sacrifices on their behalf?
    The two Books of Maccabees are probably not in your friend’s Bible because they were originally written in Greek. During Jesus’ lifetime, some Jewish people regarded these books as inspired by God.
    About 60 years after Jesus’ death, however, rabbis at Jamnia in Palestine drew up the list (canon) of the Scriptures used by Jewish people to this day. That shorter list includes only works composed in Hebrew, excluding the two Books of Maccabees, five other books and parts of the Books of Daniel and Esther.

rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    you have no idea how many christians don't know that the idea of an after-life/heaven-hell is a new concept.
    that is why the book of Jobe had to be written. god's rewards were here on earth, so why would he let bad things happen to good people? to test their love for him. isn't that precious.
    the first mention of after life is in 2 Maccabees 12:38-46, Judas Maccabee orders that sacrifices be offered in the Temple in Jerusalem for slain Jewish soldiers who had worn pagan amulets (good-luck charms).
    Some people have seen this story as biblical justification for the teaching on purgatory. That certainly overstates the author’s intention. If, however, those Jewish soldiers did something wrong by wearing pagan amulets, why offer sacrifices on their behalf?
    The two Books of Maccabees are probably not in your friend’s Bible because they were originally written in Greek. During Jesus’ lifetime, some Jewish people regarded these books as inspired by God.
    About 60 years after Jesus’ death, however, rabbis at Jamnia in Palestine drew up the list (canon) of the Scriptures used by Jewish people to this day. That shorter list includes only works composed in Hebrew, excluding the two Books of Maccabees, five other books and parts of the Books of Daniel and Esther.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but I cannot stand the fixation on the afterlife, both heaven and hell, and how it is used to convince people into being good people, much like karma or any other expected reward for doing the right thing, or supposed punishment for doing the wrong thing (even as the wrong thing is often rewarded in this life). You should do the right thing because it's the right thing to do, not because you expect to be rewarded.

I remember I actually saw a guy on campus when I was in college with a sign "Turn to Jesus or Burn In Hell", which was the first time I really thought about how horrible of a message it is.

In fact, religion was also used as a way to make slaves accept their condition, as their struggles in this world would be rewarded in the next life (not to mention of course how it has led to "martyrs" expecting to be rewarded for murder/suicide).

Even if heaven/hell were the word of god (the latter being much less feasible), the manner in which it has been used has only perpetuated the wrong message, and certainly not the message that Jesus preached of love.
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 01-31-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    Rand is a freaking genius! That is all.
    How's all those Yea votes going to look next election time? Seems Rand has a round about way of annoying everyone. Maybe he has some balls. Though some hear don't think their has massive has his dads.

So up until just about Jesus' time there was no concept of the afterlife? I don't know if I can buy that. While I can understand the ancient Israel fixation on the here and now, the idea that there was no concept of the afterlife is contrary to human history. Egypt's pyramids? I'm sure the Israelites asked Moses about the afterlife and Moses told them.

You're telling me that the Israelites were surrounded by peoples with bizzare religions all with some sort of afterlife theory and the Israelites held to no afterlife theory. I won't accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    So up until just about Jesus' time there was no concept of the afterlife? I don't know if I can buy that. While I can understand the ancient Israel fixation on the here and now, the idea that there was no concept of the afterlife is contrary to human history. Egypt's pyramids? I'm sure the Israelites asked Moses about the afterlife and Moses told them.

You're telling me that the Israelites were surrounded by peoples with bizzare religions all with some sort of afterlife theory and the Israelites held to no afterlife theory. I won't accept that.

let me rephrase, the concept of heaven and hell, and rewards in an after-life are new concepts.
    the early hebrews may have shared an afterlife view that of something like hades, where everyone goes.
    but when you pick up your old testament, for the purposes of looking for references to heaven/hell- life after here in some other place. there is none. in fact, all the ideas are about the here and now.
    Once you understand early religion was primitive man's science, it makes more sense.
    why do the seasons change? because there are these different gods that bring in the different seasons.
    WHy is there a day and night and what are those huge things in the "heavens"?
    they are gods. one looks over day, the other night.

"moses, people are getting sick off of wild game"
    "stop eating wild game"
    why?
    "because god punishes you with sickness if you eat wild game, stick with clean animals"

in the prophecy of daniel, the messiah was to have a kingdom here on earth, his faithful would be resurrected. why? because they were dead and were no more.
    revalations is daniel rewritten to make jesus fit the prophecy a lil' better. but the jews were correct, he didn't fit the daniel prophecy.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 01-31-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, SNAP! Love it when the Pauls talk like that. You've gotta be careful talking like that publicly, though...there may be a bullet with your name on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Can't believe Rubio supported Paul on this one, unexpected. Also good to see DeMints replacement vote as DeMint would have.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, or in any other way destroyed, except by the lawful judgment of his peers."
    - Magna Carta

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    let me rephrase, the concept of heaven and hell, and rewards in an after-life are new concepts.
    the early hebrews may have shared an afterlife view that of something like hades, where everyone goes.
    but when you pick up your old testament, for the purposes of looking for references to heaven/hell- life after here in some other place. there is none. in fact, all the ideas are about the here and now.
    Once you understand early religion was primitive man's science, it makes more sense.
    why do the seasons change? because there are these different gods that bring in the different seasons.
    WHy is there a day and night and what are those huge things in the "heavens"?
    they are gods. one looks over day, the other night.

"moses, people are getting sick off of wild game"
    "stop eating wild game"
    why?
    "because god punishes you with sickness if you eat wild game, stick with clean animals"

in the prophecy of daniel, the messiah was to have a kingdom here on earth, his faithful would be resurrected. why? because they were dead and were no more.
    revalations is daniel rewritten to make jesus fit the prophecy a lil' better. but the jews were correct, he didn't fit the daniel prophecy.
    "Prophecy" in the context of the Near East means observing trends and predicting what will happens if trends continue. IOW, the Biblical prophets weren't playing Edgar Cacey or reading tea leaves. The reason Revalations seems like Daniel rewritten, the narrative of Matthew taken from Mark and worked into Chi form, etc, was to convey the message in a way the intended audience would understand. /end ramble
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    "Prophecy" in the context of the Near East means observing trends and predicting what will happens if trends continue. IOW, the Biblical prophets weren't playing Edgar Cacey or reading tea leaves. The reason Revalations seems like Daniel rewritten, the narrative of Matthew taken from Mark and worked into Chi form, etc, was to convey the message in a way the intended audience would understand. /end ramble
    So that is how you cover the cognitive dissonance that arrives before your eyes?
    In catholic school, they taught us many excuses for the plain facts before our eyes.
    Daniel was telling people about the messiah. He wasn't a trends forcaster. Revalations is clearly a rewrite.
    Pull out daniel, pull out the remake. read them side by side.
    what would be the purpose of the rewrite?
    read early christian history. every gospel was written as "proof" to a different audience that jesus was the messiah.
    but one thing the gospels couldn't undue was the prophecy.