Thread: Sheriff David Clarke vs Piers Morgan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do I have to use my phone's data, or can I assume it went something like this:
    So you're saying something I think is incredibly incendiary, are you?
    Reasonable argument
    Reasonable argument
    You're an incredibly steupid man, aren't you?
    Reasonable argument
    subtle jab
    Watch as I stand on the graves of dead children to push my agenda
    Reasonable argument
    Direct insult that goes flying over Piers' head
    Well you're no friend of mine
    Commercial
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Do I have to use my phone's data, or can I assume it went something like this:
    So you're saying something I think is incredibly incendiary, are you?
    Reasonable argument
    Reasonable argument
    You're an incredibly steupid man, aren't you?
    Reasonable argument
    subtle jab
    Watch as I stand on the graves of dead children to push my agenda
    Reasonable argument
    Direct insult that goes flying over Piers' head
    Well you're no friend of mine
    Commercial
    Plus some exchange with the sheriff and the mayor in Wisconsin. Gives you an idea of the internal situation going on across the country. Sheriffs I would guess are overwhelmingly in favor of gun ownership.

They g'damn well better be.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingpointes View Post
    Plus some exchange with the sheriff and the mayor in Wisconsin. Gives you an idea of the internal situation going on across the country. Sheriffs I would guess are overwhelmingly in favor of gun ownership.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Piers reminds me of Pip from South Park

Last edited by dannno; 01-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So far it sounds like the Sheriff is arguing that the cops are getting furloughed and this the reason to arm yourselves.
    I do like how he said it's an individual decision.
    I do think Morgan is a bigger $#@! sack than I did before watching this.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

It's funny when the Mayor brings up jurisdictions. I don't know how it works in Wisconsin, but in Georgia, the Sheriff has greater jurisdiction than the police department.

Not law enforcement related, but when I served on the Vol. Fire department at a county-level, we were told that every citizen within the city limits has the ability to call on the county fire department, due to the fact that people living within city limits pay county taxes as well as municipal taxes. It's rare that such a situation occurs, except in situations where disasters are so large the city needs additional resources, but it is still an option for people in the city to have access to county resources.

I would think that that law enforcement in other states work similarly. The Mayor is viewing the city as an entirely separate jurisdiction, not an overlapping one. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would want to live within city limits where I live. You just end up with higher taxes and only a negligible improvement in emergency services. In many areas of the city, the county fire department usually has a closer station to respond from than even the city itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I'm sorry. But every time I see this jackass Piers Morgan rudely manipulate the gun control debate with his "normal" guests by talking over them and insisting they answer irrelevant questions, I'm more and more convinced that the Alex Jones approach was the right one, or at the very least needed. There is no way that everyone is going to go into a debate with the stats for every conceivable question. And Piers criticizing the way the sheriff talked? Really? The sheriff should have asked "Why are you sounding like an effeminate version of James Bond?"
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-30-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, and here's what the mayor doesn't want you to know. You don't have to be convicted to have a domestic violence restraining placed against you. Judges routinely grant them just based on a complaint itself. So no. You should not be able to disarm someone just because you go into night court and tell some judge you're afraid of that person and they person is given no chance to rebut the allegations.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-30-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I'm sorry. But every time I see this jackass Piers Morgan rudely manipulation the gun control debate with his "normal" guests by talking over them and insisting they answer irrelevant questions, I'm more and more convinced that the Alex Jones approach was the right one, or at the very least needed. There is no way that everyone is going to go into a debate with the stats for every conceivable question. And Piers criticizing the way the sheriff talked? Really? The sheriff should have asked "Why are you sounding like an effeminate version of James Bond?"
    I was at the point the first time I heard Alex explode on Piers, and I'm not even that big of an Alex Jones fan.

It goes back to what George Washington explained:

'Government is not eloquence, it is not reason — it is force.'

To me, Piers Morgan represents very well, a mouthpiece of such an irrational, forceful government. He does not recant when presented with facts, he is belligerent in his interviews, he constantly distinguishes the line between the elites and the commoners, and he would not hesitate to enlist thugs to do his bidding, which he is too cowardly to do himself. He fits all the critera of a statist, and he would prefer that his will alone, be law.

Some of the people, even here on these forums, seem to think that we will be able to reason our way with these people back to a state of liberty.

I caution these people to never forget the nature of the leviathan. It is not eloquence, it is not reason — it is force. You can do no better to talk sense into these people than you can to use well-reasoned points to speak a tiger back into its cage.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-30-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.