Thread: Marijuana legalization measure introduced

Marijuana legalization measure introduced

Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pennsylvania senator is introducing a bill too.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...ize-marijuana/
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul

This bill is the more libertarian version of marijuana legalization. It's by a liberty Republican that isn't a free stater. A liberty Republican that is a free stater introduced the anarchist version of marijuana legalization. I don't know if either version will pass the NH House but they both face a likely defeat in either the NH Senate or by the governor. Of course, the majority of voters in NH support selling marijuana like alcohol (in 1,000s of stores) but you know how politics works...

I'm more optimistic about the medical marijuana, decrim and hemp bills. The governor said she supports medical marijuana and I'm not sure if even a single person was against the hemp bill during the NH House hearing.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 02-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post

Yeah, I heard it's happening in every state in New England and a bunch of other states. In NH, at least the bills have to be voted on (or tabled, though there has to be a vote on that). Even so, I'm more optimistic about something like this passing in a state where Democrats have complete control such as VT or MA. Still, of course, who knows. Maybe it will pass in PA or even ME. ME has had decrim since the when, the 1970s?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post

It's DOA because the GOP has such a large majority, and the Governor is against it.

One or more marijuana legalization bills has been introduced in Hawai'i, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Pennsylvania. There are decrim bills floating all over the place but most are DOA. Medical marijuana bills have been introduced in several states, including Alabama/Kansas/Oklahoma/etc but are mostly DOA.

So all eyes on Hawai'i, which has the best shot at becoming the third state. Maine and New Hampshire pulling up the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Yeah, I heard it's happening in every state in New England and a bunch of other states. In NH, at least the bills have to be voted on (or tabled, though there has to be a vote on that). Even so, I'm more optimistic about something like this passing in a state where Democrats have complete control such as VT or MA. Still, of course, who knows. Maybe it will pass in PA or even ME. ME has had decrim since the when, the 1970s?
    The MPP isn't particularly optimistic about MA, since they've pushed the issue back to 2016 as a ballot measure, which would presumably pass. Vermont has a tripartisan bill but I believe it's soft legalization or perhaps just decrim.

I think we'll have to wait til 2014 to see a major breakthrough. Hawaii gives me hope though.
    Last edited by Smart3; 02-02-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Inactive

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

whut aboot oHIo?
    my back is killn me...

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    whut aboot oHIo?
    my back is killn me...
    http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.ph...ive_%282012%29
    Inactive

― Dhammapada, v. 61