Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHOCK: ECONOMY SHRINKS

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    wtf, I just went for a drive and saw the price of fuel up to $3.40 a gallon. Are you Indians in on this?
    In my Kingdom , went from $3.05 middle of last week , up to finally , $3.76 yesterday. You feel my pain?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    In my Kingdom , went from $3.05 middle of last week , up to finally , $3.76 yesterday. You feel my pain?
    Your kingdom sucks worse than mine.

But I would like some peyote if you could spare some.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I used to have a bunch of those Cacti as a youngster .My dear Mother thought they were pretty, I do not think I have ate any since I was 16 .That was a long time ago.

I used to have a bunch of those Cacti as a youngster .My dear Mother thought they were pretty, I do not think I have ate any since I was 16 .That was a long time ago.
    Stop holding out.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Naturally I screwed up by not buying my own filling station when I was younger , But, how was I to know? Last I looked though, the one in Gnaw Bone , Indiana was for sale, The also sell a great deal of fish & tenderloins , famous for the tenderloins , but I dunno, never ate one . I found someone to run it, but never bothered looking at the financing...
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-02-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Then, Salt Creek is not far from there , gold panning there...

Stop holding out.
    I would not do that , takes years to grow , maybe four if you are lucky, makes most people sick , never did me.In the wild , if you find it, you still need to let it dry ....

Stop holding out.
    Surely , you have been to Coahuila and Chihuahua ??

Surely , you have been to Coahuila and Chihuahua ??
    Now I have the hiccups.

What does your medicine man suggest?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Now I have the hiccups.

What does your medicine man suggest?
    I am the medicine man and I do not get the hiccups , how did you arrive there ?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I could never get it down , but a tablespoon of sugar will cure most, if you have that . Otherwise, slather yourself in bear grease, do two shots of bourban ,run outside in the cold, half naked, with only your scalping knife and tomahawk( if you do not have those , then do not do it ) and howl where you think the moon may be , beware of Bigfoot though, it will answer you back .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-02-2013 at 02:34 PM.

No matter what may occur,do not lose your Tomahawk.Never.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Source for 8% inflation figure?
    8% is a pretty conservative estimate...

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    What does this mean? "1.04^43=5.40"
    It means if you multiply 1.04 by itself 43 times you get 5.40.

Therefore, 4% annual interest compounded over 43 years comes out to a total of 540%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    It means if you multiply 1.04 by itself 43 times you get 5.40.

Therefore, 4% annual interest compounded over 43 years comes out to a total of 540%.

Thanks! I can barely count to potatoe.

That sort of sounds like a formula for compounding an interest rate. I don't think adding a yearly inflation rate to another years inflation rate by compounding it is proper math. I think the key word is add.

Another area in all of this that I have a difference of opinion is one about the thing about a mandate on holding fiat to a certain percentage. Some say it is 2% lately. I've also heard 4%. They seem to think a fiat currency can work thinking this mandate is a yearly sum. Why not monthly?

If I was trying to maintain the value of a fiat I would try and hold the mandate as a plus of minus two percent period. It would have to be held to a standard of weighing it against numerous unregulated commodities. If done correctly it should be able to stand up to competing currencies.

Sure people could try an manipulate where it was set in relation to other items it was being held to. Just the honest working of a monetary system requires many commodities to fall out of favor or rise. Every commodity needs some flexibility to react to the markets. With enough being used as a standard we could end up with a working system of fiat.

I think for simplicity I'm leaving out more of the equation by just mentioning commodities. I'm sure if we worked on it we might come up with other things to weigh against.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Source for 8% inflation figure?
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Source?
    I can't say where Mike Mitrosky got his figures but they seem closer to what we have seen on life's road.

If they double the money supply by counterfeiting, the dollar becomes worth half as much. You could recreate the same inflation by printing up twenty-six times the money we had at the baseline.

I sort of figure inflation is more like 8%. Here is how.

If you take the $5.00 as a base figure and double it you get $10.00. That is a 100% increase.

If you take the $10.00 as a base figure and double it you get $20.00. That is a 200% increase from the original $5.00.

If you take the $20.00 as a base figure and double it you get $40.00. That is a 300% increase.

If you take the $40.00 as a base figure and double it you get $80.00. That is a 400% increase.

And you still have a ways to go. All of that has happened in about the last 50 years.

So like I say, "I sort of figure inflation is more like 8%."

If you go to a bank website and use a calculator to see what the change is it comes out to over 500% and 10% a year. I figure what is a couple of percentage points like 2% a year; UNLESS IT'S A 2% THAT IS A FLAT-OUT LIE. (And a Lie probably figure like a compound interest rate.)

If there had been any truth to their 2%-a-year inflation the gasoline that was 17 to 25 cents would now be running at about 34 to 50 cents a gallon after fifty years.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Hap...30131-295.html

I believe an inflation rate is added to the next year from year to year. I don't see it as something you calculate at a compound interest rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson

If you take the $5.00 as a base figure and double it you get $10.00. That is a 100% increase.

If you take the $10.00 as a base figure and double it you get $20.00. That is a 200% increase from the original $5.00.
    A 200% increase over $5 is $15. Better leave the math to erowe1.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch150 View Post
    A 200% increase over $5 is $15. Better leave the math to erowe1.
    I think you misinterpreted the point I was trying to make with the progression in the math.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

And you could still be right about erowe1 doing the math.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12