Thread: Happy Days are here again???

♫ Happy Days are here again??? ♫

I've been seeing people excited about the stock market going up lately and a thread here about

The Next Boom - America is Back.

I'm not so sure going up is a good thing anymore.

I started a post for the thread and after week on it, it morphed into this article;

Happy days are here again???

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good write up for more of that BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Good write up for more of that BOOM
    Thank you.

With the chart that Ron Paul posted in this thread it looks like we have a lot of potential to rocket up...

still the last time we did it yanked the slats out of everyone's ability to earn a living.

I think we are in tough times without any deflation.

Please allow me to give my thoughts on what's going on...

The government, with the assistance of the Fed, is trying to get people to retire. They are pumping up the stock market (where the people's retirement funds exist) in order to get those nearing retirement to make their calculations and get out. They want to make room for all the unemployed. They are using Obamacare to scare employers into cutting back hours (less than 30 hours a week and you can call them part-time and won't have to pay for them). They figure it'll get more people working again and will generate economic growth. They are using their media to generate stories about how stable things are becoming to give the elderly confidence about the government taking care of them if things should go bad.

This is all about a lack of understanding about how wealth is created. If I were near retirement age, I'd be scared as hell right now. They keep pumping up the bubble in an effort to prove their logical fallacy. How bad are you going to feel for the guy who retires based on their lies and has to try to go back to work when their charade is blown? Personally, I know lots of people in my industry in this boat. It's not their fault they don't understand, not everyone pays attention like we do.

But they will. Soon, all those people who didn't pay attention to how their government was playing them are going to find themselves in very hard times. (They will understand their own suffering, but they will have no idea how it happened to them.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

don't jump the shark

Even an analyst on CNBC today said that it's nothing more than the Fed pumping money into the market.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Even an analyst on CNBC today said that it's nothing more than the Fed pumping money into the market.
    Times are changing!

I had this written and was working all week getting it published. I'm still having trouble with the website dropping the Robert Sahr chart. All day I was seeing article after article of people that feel the same way as I do. I sort of got scooped.

I thought I was alone at the beginning of the week.

Bob Dylan - Times They are a-Changin

Near the end of the day, CNBC had the following "Breaking News Alert" that went something like this:

"Stocks rally on the as disappointing jobs report fuels speculation for more Fed buying."

Danger, Will Robinson!!! The same thing happened with Wednesdays GDP report. Stocks rallied after reporting negative gdp! Something is not right here. Looking from the 2000/2008 tops, My guess is that we have at most 9 months until some sort of major correction.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    General advice here is to just stay frosty and wait on making investments? I've been waiting for some kind of major correction and just not bothering to invest in anything so I don't get COMPLETELY screwed. We all know its coming. I just don't know if it will be 9 months or 9 years.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    General advice here is to just stay frosty and wait on making investments? I've been waiting for some kind of major correction and just not bothering to invest in anything so I don't get COMPLETELY screwed. We all know its coming. I just don't know if it will be 9 months or 9 years.
    I often mention that the stock market moves hand in hand with inflation. When they double the supply of money it takes twice as many to buy the same amount of stock.

That 's the way I see the market as a whole move on average. That doesn't mean that someone that has a feel for such things can't do better than average.

Lately I've been driving past the Tesla car plant and seeing it really pick up with cars in the parking lot. It looks like it is hopping.

I've also heard they are still borrowing money to get going. That used to be the real reason for stocks. Someone had an idea but didn't have all of the money to get started so people would pool enough funds to get started and then take shares in the profits. I think back in those days the market remained flat but the dividends rolled in.

Now we seem to play it thinking because it is going up were making a gain. On average you break even. Then the capital gains taxes take you to the cleaners on the illusion of a gain.

Still now may be a time to get down to the old basics with a Tesla purchase.

Then again we have people that have been living in such a way as they can never spend enough to feel secure. Even if you don't believe in a god many of the rules in the Bible still apply. Some of it is kind of a psychology book on the rules of messing up. ??? We should have never gotten out of hand the way we have.

It is tough to tell what the future will bring.

Or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by KrokHead View Post
    Ha Ha!

Better than what I was thinking...or the version I've been practicing.

Annette Hanshaw - Happy Days Are Here Again

Those were happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I often mention that the stock market moves hand in hand with inflation. When they double the supply of money it takes twice as many to buy the same amount of stock.

That 's the way I see the market as a whole move on average. That doesn't mean that someone that has a feel for such things can't do better than average.

Lately I've been driving past the Tesla car plant and seeing it really pick up with cars in the parking lot. It looks like it is hopping.

I've also heard they are still borrowing money to get going. That used to be the real reason for stocks. Someone had an idea but didn't have all of the money to get started so people would pool enough funds to get started and then take shares in the profits. I think back in those days the market remained flat but the dividends rolled in.

Now we seem to play it thinking because it is going up were making a gain. On average you break even. Then the capital gains taxes take you to the cleaners on the illusion of a gain.

Still now may be a time to get down to the old basics with a Tesla purchase.

Then again we have people that have been living in such a way as they can never spend enough to feel secure. Even if you don't believe in a god many of the rules in the Bible still apply. Some of it is kind of a psychology book on the rules of messing up. ??? We should have never gotten out of hand the way we have.

It is tough to tell what the future will bring.

Or is it?
    What are your thoughts on penny stocks? I've thought about picking some up on occasion, but never got around to it. (anyone else can chime in on this, btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    What are your thoughts on penny stocks? I've thought about picking some up on occasion, but never got around to it. (anyone else can chime in on this, btw)
    It has been so long that I've really considered buying any stock that I don't know how much of a factor it played in my life.

It could be that, that was my first idea of giving stocks a try and got me into a brokers office. Anyway from there they gave me a little paper back book that explained the basics of stock trading and buying bonds.

I think at the time I had a thing for Apple Computer. That may have been my first purchase. The broker thought with my amount of money I should stick with one companies stock. I on the other hand wanted to be a part of more than one company. It was fun.

If picking a penny stock gets you in the game I'm thinking win or lose, currency wise, you could learn some valuable lessons. If all else fails at least stick it out until the fun runs out.

Back then it was about ten percent markup on top of your purchase. They took out ten percent when you sold. Then the capital gains taxes were due. No E-Z form at tax time either.

Note: I have never seen a worse time in history to run a business. Tried and true business models that have stood up to the eons are being crushed under strain of the counterfeiters. Globally.

Still... could be fun.

Tesla

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Tesla stock price ($38.30 at posting time)(Not a lot of pennies);

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...rp.nl13P26JR1c

Old news;

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7770054.story

Hot news concerning Tesla on Fark.

Department of Energy reaffirms that the U.S. is still dedicated to getting a million electric cars on the road, Difficulty: Finding a million people who live their entire life in a five mile radius

Article;

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/...s-but-deadline

Comments;

http://www.fark.com/comments/7570846...ve-mile-radius

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I paid for a year of college with $2,000 by playing with penny stocks. Then I lost and had to get a job. Tried a second time and got burned again. Never touch them, now. Most of them aren't viable businesses and most of the rest are scams. They're usually penny stocks for a good reason.

Much better to just pick up 10% - 20% per year with regular stocks.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.