Thread: Global Dairy Demand Drives Up Prices

Global Dairy Demand Drives Up Prices

For my economic class we had to listen to this 5 minute NPR blaming it on low supply and a couple other things like the drought or whatever

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=14576499 (from 2007)

what about inflation?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the price is rising at about the same rate as everything else- yeah, probably inflation. If they are rising faster than other prices (like milk is), then there are market factors definately involved.

seen places simply pouring milk out to alter market price on some videos

I would just like to bring up inflation to my professor

Well , it will rise .It is delivered to a store in a Truck that gets 6 MPG and uses $4 diesel .Corn prices will drive culling ( there is your drought ).There is Govt intervention in milk pricing as well .One of the reasons diesel ( and corn ) is so high, is ( of course ), Govt intervention. If I had to buy land , (pay property tax ), buy cattle , buy feed , haul milk , I could not sell it to you for $8 a gallon and break even. Welcome to the world.Glad I need no milk.

When you buy a gallon of milk , you will be paying, property tax ,state tax , Federal tax ,paying the percentage of corn that goes to the fuel market , paying for feed , paying for the drought , paying for fuel , unlimited govt intervention , paying healthcare penalties etc .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-30-2013 at 01:13 AM.

We have not even got to worthless paper dollars, food inlation yet , do not need to . Milk and gasoline sell for about 100% more than they did five years ago , did someone expect that to go down ???

Income is down, costs are up , unemployment is , and will remain stagnant, we are at full employment( I believe) , until it starts to get worse. Property taxes increase, insurance costs increase etc

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did your Prof get a raise these past years while others saw income decrease ,costs rise ? Did he give to the food bank ?

If I had dairy cattle, I would eat them, more fun than paying for feed.

Big Govt may be fun for some $#@!,but not for someone with cows or someone who needs to buy milk......

Today was a very , very quiet day on the Chicago Mercantile. You still had this; March rice, up , March & May Corn, up ( corn running around $7.30) .March & Nov Soybeans, up , Mar Soymeal , up.

There will likely , not be significant decreases in these prices, but, with corn especially there could be a possibility of huge increases ( his would effect meat, dairy, fuel ) etc.This is dependent upon the next corn crop.Then we can get into inflation, worthless money .....

Today , on the Mercantile , corn , up 10 3/4 to $7.40 , May corn , $7.41 , Soybeans , 20 to 28 cents higher. Anybody get a 30 cent raise today, or just a 2 percent or more tax hike from Jan 1 ??

At this point , there really is no reason not to expect milk and bacon prces , by next summer to be four times what they were five years ago , and for beef to be out of lower income households reach.

Aw come on man we're in a boom cycle right now see this thread..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...merica-is-Back

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    . . . and the farmer is still only getting paid about a quarter of parity.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

This is really bad for the ice cream business. Their prices will have to go up.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    This is really bad for the ice cream business. Their prices will have to go up.
    Another four years or so , ice cream may just be for the wealthy .

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Aw come on man we're in a boom cycle right now see this thread..

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...merica-is-Back
    Here is my guess , food prices will boom , wages will not.