Thread: Obama announces $155M in aid to Syria

Obama announces $155M in aid to Syria

Americans and people all over the world have been moved by the images of courageous Syrians standing up to a brutal regime, even as they suffer the consequences of the violence waged against them by the Assad government. Right now, humanitarian conditions in Syria are deteriorating in the face of a massive, man-made humanitarian emergency. People have been forced from their homes; schools, clinics and bakeries continue to be targeted; and food prices are on the rise as winter takes hold.

The numbers are staggering. According to the United Nations, an estimated 2.5 million people are displaced inside of Syria, and over 678,000 people have fled to neighboring countries. Their stories touch us all, and the American people will continue to stand with them. That is why President Obama announced today that he has approved a new round of humanitarian assistance, an additional $155 million to provide for the urgent and pressing needs of civilians in Syria and refugees forced to flee the violence of the Assad regime. This brings America’s contribution to date to $365 million, making the United States the largest single donor of humanitarian assistance to the Syrian people.
    More:
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/...-syrian-people

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will the next contestant please step up?

Humanitarian aid = taking money from the middle-class in a rich country, and giving it to the warlords and rich of a poor devastated country.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Humanitarian aid = taking money from the middle-class in a rich country, and giving it to the warlords and rich of a poor devastated country.
    Well stated.

It's cool guys it just comes out of the infinite money machine
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    God damn right!

There are so many things wrong with our foriegn aid and foreign budget in general that I don't even know where to begin.. I am thinking of presenting a foriegn policy speech at my university but they will only give me ten minutes I think.. I will need much more than that..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Blow it up, turn the money machine on & pump dollars in & then bring in big business.

American Foreign Policy 101

155M$ to fund terrorism. $#@! you Obama.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    155M$ to fund terrorism. $#@! you FED.
    FTFY.

What does that stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    FTFY.

What does that stand for?
    Fixed That For You. I changed your quote to emphasis that it is just not Obama. It is the Federal government in general.

It's a snarky thing, now that I think about it. I don't think I'll use it ever again.

Yes of course it's the Fed Govt, Obama is key signature though.

Fixed That For You. I changed your quote to emphasis that it is just not Obama. It is the Federal government in general.

It's a snarky thing, now that I think about it. I don't think I'll use it ever again.

Yes of course it's the Fed Govt, Obama is key signature though.
    The power, and intent, of a veto is overlooked. Even as small as a pocket veto.

...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Too bad the article doesn't calculate the total cost to the taxpayers after this money is borrowed, and interest is paid over and over and for years.

The fact that the man does not veto this type of $#@! tells me what a coward he is and/or evil.

Obama is gigantic coward or one evil, evil man.

The power, and intent, of a veto is overlooked. Even as small as a pocket veto.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wasn't he just a couple of months ago chiding this same administration and even pushing for sanctions? (which never passed)

Obama is, once again, providing material support to terrorists. As per the NDAA, he should be arrested and held indefinitely, with no access to a lawyer.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

So let me get this straight. Our CIA is currently funding alCIAda in Syria. Now we think its a brilliant idea to fund the other side with foreign aid. Consider me confused