Thread: Bashar al-Assad says his wife is pregnant

Bashar al-Assad says his wife is pregnant

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-is-pregnant/

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whose regime is embroiled in a now two-year civil war that has killed tens of thousands, gave a cheery interview to unnamed “visitors,” as reported by a sympathetic newspaper, in which he offhandedly revealed that his wife is pregnant. Asma al-Assad, the 37-year-old, British-born young mother of three (now four?), was warmly profiled in Vogue’s February 2011 issue for her style and flair; shortly after, she was placed under severe economic sanctions by the European Union for her role in state abuses.

Bashar al-Assad let the news slip in a recent talk with mysteriously anonymous “visitors,” who relayed his comments to the Beirut-based al-Akhbar newspaper, an aggressive outlet often described as aligned with such anti-Western movements as Hezbollah. He mostly spent the interview insisting, against all evidence, that his regime was sure of imminent victory in the country’s civil war and that the resistance came purely from foreign-funded extremists. The article also strained to show Assad as coolly confident, including by apparently confirming rumors of his wife’s pregnancy:

On the personal level, the man seems calm and in control. His confidence level stands out. Also, there’s the news of the pregnancy of his wife Asmaa, which could not be dealt with as a simple personal matter between a couple.

Past rumors have suggested that Assad became pregnant in June. According to the Jordan-based al-Bawaba news site, a Syrian outlet named Akhbar Shabab Soriya (Syria Youth News) reported in November that she was five months pregnant. If any of this is true, it would suggest that she is due in March.
    More at the link.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congrats to Mr. Assad and his family!

He really needs to keep the Boeing 747 ready or he's going to end up like Gadaffi and beaten to death

I hope no one bombs assad's home and "accidently" kill his children and his unborn child in the process. an abortion, but with bombs and bullets.

Where would assad and his family run to? russia?

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    She's British
    She was born and raised there but her parents were Syrians.
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

i wonder if the rebels will kill his wife and his unborn baby... i think that will pretty much tell us what kind of country syria will be if rebels take over.

Syria is about to get bloodier.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    i wonder if the rebels will kill his wife and his unborn baby... i think that will pretty much tell us what kind of country syria will be if rebels take over.
    Kill off heirs would make sense to an oppressed people.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Kill off heirs would make sense to an oppressed people.
    More like oppressive religious radicals. No telling what those jihadist would do if they got their hands on Assad. They have been killing civilians and threatning anyone who defies their commands to fight Assad.

God help those poor Syrians so that they may regain their country from the terrorists trying to take her over. I just hope the best for them Assad or no Assad.

I pray that Assad can lead his country to victory against the UN