Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is stepping down.

  1. #1

    Default Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is stepping down.

    Hopefully no new monarch will be appointed.
    Unlikely though.

    Follow Dutch stream:

    http://nos.nl/koningshuis/live/
    If you tell a lie long enough, loud enough and often enough, the people will believe it.-------Adolf Hitler



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Untimely ripped fisharmor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Location! Location!
    Posts
    7,057

    Default

    Why do you hope that?

    You know what? Given the choice between rule under George III and what we have today, there isn't really any decision there.
    Monarchs are not in and of themselves bad things.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  4. #3

    Default

    The news indicates that she is stepping down so that her son can wear the crown.
    .[QUOTE]"Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won." - Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]
    ..
    .

    I blog at Red State Eclectic, and I tweet here,.

  5. #4
    Member Zippyjuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Hosting FEMA Party
    Posts
    19,553

    Default

    Seems her mother did the same thing for her. And that she is more of a figurehead than actual ruler similar to the Queen of Britain.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21237254
    Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands to abdicate for son

    Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands has announced she is abdicating in favour of her son, Prince Willem-Alexander.

    In a pre-recorded address broadcast on TV, she said she would formally stand down on 30 April.

    The queen, who is approaching her 75th birthday, said she had been thinking about this moment for several years and that now was "the moment to lay down my crown".

    Queen Beatrix has been head of state since 1980, when her mother abdicated.

    In the short statement, she said it was time for the throne to be held by "a new generation".

    Prime Minister Mark Rutte is also due to address the nation.

    Queen Beatrix is the sixth monarch from the House of Orange-Nassau, which has ruled the Netherlands since the early 19th Century.

    Correspondents say her abdication will not provoke a constitutional crisis. Under Dutch law, the monarch has few powers and the role is considered ceremonial.

    In recent decades it has become the tradition for the monarch to abdicate. Queen Beatrix's mother Juliana resigned the throne in 1980 on her 70th birthday, and her grandmother Wilhelmina abdicated in 1948 at the age of 68.

    Queen Beatrix will be 75 on Thursday.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-28-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this message. But you don't have to.

  6. #5
    Untimely ripped fisharmor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Location! Location!
    Posts
    7,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Seems her mother did the same thing for her.
    See? They're civilized now. There are plenty of cases throughout European history where this sort of thing only happened after bloodshed.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  7. #6
    Member Smart3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of California
    Posts
    2,123
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The Prince is one of the few heir-apparents that isn't entirely evil/depraved. While I would prefer a Republic, the Monarchy in the Nederlands is very tame and out of public view.
    List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

    “If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

    "Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    The Prince is one of the few heir-apparents that isn't entirely evil/depraved. While I would prefer a Republic, the Monarchy in the Nederlands is very tame and out of public view.
    Why do you say that? Your assumption that most are evil/depraved leads me to assume you are not fond of the bilderberg group, which was founded by the dutch monarchy if im correct.
    If you tell a lie long enough, loud enough and often enough, the people will believe it.-------Adolf Hitler

  9. #8
    Member Smart3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of California
    Posts
    2,123
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    Why do you say that? Your assumption that most are evil/depraved leads me to assume you are not fond of the bilderberg group, which was founded by the dutch monarchy if im correct.
    It was not an assumption, it is based on their actions. They don't all need to get naked in front of cameras like Harry.

    Bilderberg was founded by the consort of the Queen, not by the Monarchy itself. The consort was a Prince in his own right though. He was instrumental in the early formation of the European Union.
    List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

    “If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

    "Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

  10. #9
    Member Zippyjuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Hosting FEMA Party
    Posts
    19,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    The Prince is one of the few heir-apparents that isn't entirely evil/depraved. While I would prefer a Republic, the Monarchy in the Nederlands is very tame and out of public view.
    One of her sons Prince Johan Friso was in a coma in February,2012 after getting caught in an avalanche and suffered brain damage from lack of oxygen.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20399146 (As of November 2012 he was still in the coma)
    I am Zippy and I approve of this message. But you don't have to.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    It was not an assumption, it is based on their actions. They don't all need to get naked in front of cameras like Harry.

    Bilderberg was founded by the consort of the Queen, not by the Monarchy itself. The consort was a Prince in his own right though. He was instrumental in the early formation of the European Union.
    Bilderberg was founded in part by Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, but Queen Beatrix attends every year, at least that is my understanding.
    For Liberty!

  12. #11

  13. #12

    Default

    When's King Obama stepping down?





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •