Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preston Bates was a Democrat who worked for Jack Conway

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Chris, I would definitely like to know more about this. That would seriously alter my view of them.
    I don't know much about the outside pac that spent big bucks against me, just a lot of hear-say but coming from very reputable people (both sides of the aisle). I was told they spent over 100 grand against me, which is roughly more than me and my opponent combined. I know their mailers were relentless and the radio ads were just plain sinister. And I still almost won (54% to 46%).
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ack, wish I knew about this when I was talking with John the other night.

(I would have talked to him about the futility of trying to oust McConnell over supporting multiple races)
    Last edited by MikeStanart; 01-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.

I can CONFIRM Preston helped with the mailers against Hightower. One of the people working with the PAC's adviser hires Preston still today. I was led to believe (when I still trusted Preston) that he would help Hightower. He said he was looking into when he in fact made a deal already with Chris' competitor.

I even have personal correspondence of him tipping his hand he was going to be helping. He in fact knew when they'd attack.... dude is shady and threatened Ron Paul Staffers via text. The guy is a total clown. He and Jonathan Hurst have a special relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    I can CONFIRM Preston helped with the mailers against Hightower. One of the people working with the PAC's adviser hires Preston still today. I was led to believe (when I still trusted Preston) that he would help Hightower. He said he was looking into when he in fact made a deal already with Chris' competitor.

I even have personal correspondence of him tipping his hand he was going to be helping. He in fact knew when they'd attack.... dude is shady and threatened Ron Paul Staffers via text. The guy is a total clown. He and Jonathan Hurst have a special relationship.
    wow. Just... wow.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    wow. Just... wow.
    The guy is anything but "ON OUR SIDE." Funny enough, the two people I know who attacked Hightower are trying to grab headlines on this story of McConnell Primary.

Yikes. Not good.

The plot thickens....

Why attack Hightower? And 100k too? That is utterly detestable and very rare in a state race.

Didn't this happen to Gunny too?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeStanart View Post
    Ack, wish I knew about this when I was talking with John the other night.

(I would have talked to him about the futility of trying to oust McConnell over supporting multiple races)
    Please tell John we appreciate his efforts but Preston's campaign against McConnell is absurd and ask him to look into the open senate races in WV, IA and GA.

The guy is anything but "ON OUR SIDE." Funny enough, the two people I know who attacked Hightower are trying to grab headlines on this story of McConnell Primary.
    Been out of the loop here for a while, just noticed your sig... Chris running for U.S. Congress? We should be getting a sub-forum back up for this in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    Been out of the loop here for a while, just noticed your sig... Chris running for U.S. Congress? We should be getting a sub-forum back up for this in my opinion.
    Not happening yet. Just something I'm bullying him into doing. His wife may run me over first.

Not happening yet. Just something I'm bullying him into doing. His wife may run me over first.
    Hey Bama, what do think about John kemper? I had a great discussion with him one time. He seemed solid to me. What do you think about him?

I just knew there was something up with this guy.

You don't go from being a Democrat operative in Kentucky working for the the most slippery, lying statewide elected official in modern history in Jack Conway to a liberty lover in a year or so. It's usually a much longer, prolonged process and I don't care how much Hayek or Hazlitt he read.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And pure politics made fun of me for the facebook page you made. Now that's journalism!

Hey Bama, what do think about John kemper? I had a great discussion with him one time. He seemed solid to me. What do you think about him?
    No. I'm not going to get in a pissing match because there is a group of people who love him but, if he's our best and brightest..... we need to pack it up and head home.

No. I'm not going to get in a pissing match because there is a group of people who love him but, if he's our best and brightest..... we need to pack it up and head home.
    Fair enough. It seemed like he may have been a recent convert on some of these liberty issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    And pure politics made fun of me for the facebook page you made. Now that's journalism!
    Haha...do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Please tell John we appreciate his efforts but Preston's campaign against McConnell is absurd and ask him to look into the open senate races in WV, IA and GA.
    Don't forget NC. I think Brannon has a good shot at winning.

Ok, so why are we talking about Preston Bates right at this exact minute? Because he threatened McConnell - and they're striking back by associating him with Democrats.

The facts aren't entirely clear to me, and Bama a good friend, but he did post over and over torpedoing a decent candidate, Phil Moffett - mostly because he disliked his campaign manager, David Adams, who he accused of stabbing Hightower in the back. That also was not substantiated. I'm hoping this doesn't become a pattern. Even if it had been substantiated, what was the point? What does attacking other liberty initiatives achieve, other than to cover the Establishment?

I will support any liberty initiatives - local, state OR federal. I even agree local elections are often better, if people will actually get excited and fund them. I may voice my opinion on the most efficient use of money... but we gotta stop tearing each other down!

On another note, those who think McConnell is invincible aren't looking at the poll numbers. Besides, it's like saying Ron Paul shouldn't have run in 2012 because he was "such a long shot and wasted money" - why reinforce the establishment and media talking points? Good did come out of it. And if you think there are better places to spend money, promote those (ironically, no one has even asked for a donation yet.. haha!)
    Last edited by TheTyke; 01-28-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Related thread. Perhaps jFico89 will have something to add to the conversation:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...NDAA-amendment
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How is it possible someone can go from Democrat operative working for a snake like Conway to champion of liberty?

If you're a liberal Democrat seeing the light it takes a while longer for the 'conversion' to happen and it's extremely rare. Perhaps Preston saw the way the wind was blowing in Kentucky and 'changed sides', who knows? but it's weird for him to convert so fast and now he wants to try and use Tea party groups in his personal crusade in unseating the most senior Republican in America, one who has the support of elected Republicans like Rand and Massie and probably the entire state party apparatus.
    Last edited by itshappening; 01-28-2013 at 08:37 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    Ok, so why are we talking about Preston Bates right at this exact minute? Because he threatened McConnell - and they're striking back by associating him with Democrats.

The facts aren't entirely clear to me, and Bama a good friend, but he did post over and over torpedoing a decent candidate, Phil Moffett - mostly because he disliked his campaign manager, David Adams, who he accused of stabbing Hightower in the back. That also was not substantiated. I'm hoping this doesn't become a pattern. Even if it had been substantiated, what was the point? What does attacking other liberty initiatives achieve, other than to cover the Establishment?

I will support any liberty initiatives - local, state OR federal. I even agree local elections are often better, if people will actually get excited and fund them. I may voice my opinion on the most efficient use of money... but we gotta stop tearing each other down!

On another note, those who think McConnell is invincible aren't looking at the poll numbers. Besides, it's like saying Ron Paul shouldn't have run in 2012 because he was "such a long shot and wasted money" - why reinforce the establishment and media talking points? Good did come out of it. And if you think there are better places to spend money, promote those (ironically, no one has even asked for a donation yet.. haha!)
    Sorry, that's false. It was proven that David Adams did do these things (I just don't think I need to keep bringing it up since the dude is irrelevant to most the state but a core group of people) and no, I was not a Moffett fan because he was an anger bear. Ask people who worked on Massie's campaign about how he treated people. Ask people who worked with Phil in private business. My knowledge of someone I support will be more than a Take Back Kentucky meeting and/or if they support Hemp. People are also falling all over Jamie Comer and he is no different than McConnell or David Williams, just he decided to back the popular idea of Hemp. Oh, and by the way.... James is also the same guy who said he won't show up to a county unless newspaper or TV are there to cover it. The fact remains the Kentucky Liberty movement is stuck in the mud playing the same old games they played in 2009. All Mitch needs to do is come out for Hemp and he'd be just the same as the Tea Party darling Jamie "I gotta check for your fairgrounds" Comer.

There is a reason why I don't sign wave and do things that don't help get votes or win seats. I don't have time to waste showing I want to work for liberty. I do things that will actually try to achieve the goal.

Actually, Adams stabbing Hightower in the back was substantiated a long-time ago. Never met a more selfish and self-interested person than Adams. If there's a buck to be scammed, Adams will be there.......

)
    We're not associating him with Democrats, he WAS one 3 years ago!

The article from POLITICO, one of the largest and most influential political websites in the U.S is saying some of his old Democrat colleagues ("Bluegrass progressives") want to team up with him and are offering financial support and assistance in his crusade against the Senate minority leader. I say be careful who you associate with because the Democrats gave us Akin in MO and would love another such sub-par candidate in KY so Judd/Chandler/Conway can defeat them and take the seat.

Haha...do you have a link?
    Around the 6:30 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pr_li91PVo

The Guy wrote the anti-Hightower mailer (Preston) and I've seen the emails from Adams to the people who got the Hightower story. I don't profit from this. I don't make money and you know I'm not Matt Collins trying to be the Chair of the Liberty movement. I have no reason to lie.
    Last edited by jct74; 01-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Kentucky Tea Party needs to "retire" Hal Rogers, he's voting for every big spending bill in Congress with no regard to his constituents with Sandy pork being the latest brazen example.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Related thread. Perhaps jFico89 will have something to add to the conversation:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...NDAA-amendment
    You know, when Preston Bates did his Kentucky media tour in 2012, he made several comments in his Pure Politics interviews which had a weird leftist tint to it. I noticed it immediately and it kind of irked me. But hey, there are tons of people here in this movement who think that liberty-couched-in-leftist-language is just fine. I don't agree with it, but there are many here that do...

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know, when Preston Bates did his Kentucky media tour in 2012, he made several comments in his Pure Politics interviews which had a weird leftist tint to it. I noticed it immediately and it kind of irked me. But hey, there are tons of people here in this movement who think that liberty-couched-in-leftist-language is just fine. I don't agree with it, but there are many here that do...
    I don't mind his funding good liberty candidates with a leftist focus, we have very sincere Blue Republicans, after all. I do want to find out more about what happened in Hightower's race though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Sailing, you're aware that the DNC have a stated goal of getting involved in GOP primaries in order to produce more Akin's?

They put ads all over MO during the GOP primary calling Akin "the most conservative" in the race. TEA party wasn't even behind him and what a disaster that was.

Be careful who you associate with, these Democrats are NOT on our side. They want to get involved in GOP primaries to produce the worst candidate's. This is their stated goal and the bluegrass progressives who want to work with Preston and are not welcome and neither in this instance is he.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast