Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reince Priebus' MSG to Ron Paul supporters (I read Daily Paul daily, let's work together)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reince Priebus' MSG to Ron Paul supporters (I read Daily Paul daily, let's work together)

The Wisconsin in him really comes out in this Q&A. It is the first time I noticed this.

He basically says he wants to involve the Ron Paul people and his first step in showing that he means business is to push up the RNC FALL meeting to SPRING (in April) to conduct a 'rules meeting' and have all of these rules be heard and re-decided upon.

I also just wanted to throw this out there: nobody reads Ron Paul news everyday but Ron Paul supporters. It is not even a logical thing to do for people who hate Ron Paul because he is retired.

Last edited by eleganz; 01-27-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After he pretends rules were changed by vote, after he lies and says Ron wasn't nominated because the state filings weren't in on time (disproven by CSPAN time marks on the video) and now we are supposed to believe him?

No. But it is a polite fiction, really, isn't it? That allows our people to be in the same room and not throw chairs?

So, whatever.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    After he pretends rules were changed by vote, after he lies and says Ron wasn't nominated because the state filings weren't in on time (disproven by CSPAN time marks on the video) and now we are supposed to believe him?

No. But it is a polite fiction, really, isn't it? That allows our people to be in the same room and not throw chairs?

So, whatever.
    eh. it's finally sinking in that they really do like-no-joke need us so they are starting the engage and co-opt subroutines. What they don't realize is by the very nature of our movement we can't be co-opted. So to some extent it can be beneficial in the short term to play along like it's working. get all in place, and when they turn the wrenches to try and co-opt out people they will be in for a rude surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    eh. it's finally sinking in that they really do like-no-joke need us so they are starting the engage and co-opt subroutines. What they don't realize is by the very nature of our movement we can't be co-opted. So to some extent it can be beneficial in the short term to play along like it's working. get all in place, and when they turn the wrenches to try and co-opt out people they will be in for a rude surprise...

some will be coopted. We have already seen that. But we have a large supply.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

some will be coopted. We have already seen that. But we have a large supply.
    Yes, true enough, but most will not be, because ... well ... pretty much everything we stand for stands in opposition to that. You'd have to completely fold pretty much every single principle you thought you once held to get coopted out of this philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    DP sucks
    Seconded.

Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty
    DP sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Seconded.

Versus what? Who blows? Hm? Do tell...

It's a discussion board. Useful for what it is. Nothing less.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-27-2013 at 11:47 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I lurked at Dp off and on for two years before I found this place, or, more properly speaking, figured out how to navigate v bulletin. Now I prefer it's format, but I am really glad we have both.

I wonder what motivates him to read Daily Paul.

1) These guys are nuts, why can't they go take over the DNC
    2) These guys are right, how do I get them involved without pissing off the establishment.
    3) F'ing Ron Paul supporters cost me Romney, must make friends...must beat democrats...

Is he reading DP to join us or beat us?
    Last edited by eleganz; 01-27-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

2) These guys are right, how do I get them involved without pissing off the establishment.
    3) F'ing Ron Paul supporters cost me Romney, must make friends...must beat democrats...

I think he reads it so he won't have any surprises at <insert RNC function or public appearance here>

I'm sure he's read a thread or two when someone told him to check it. Somehow I doubt he's a regular.

I'm sure he's read a thread or two when someone told him to check it. Somehow I doubt he's a regular.
    Maybe he's a victim of, "once you hear the truth, you can't un-hear it"
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Maybe he's a victim of, "once you hear the truth, you can't un-hear it"

LOL! Does he strike you that way?

LOL! Does he strike you that way?
    Only if he reads DP everyday like he says he does.

I mean, I know former neocons who have had John McCain life-sized poster boards in their room who have been rehabilitated to become full fledged RP supporters.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

"How in the hell do I get these unruly people to fall in line with the party and lead them into a new Republican era? What in God's name makes these people tick?"

If so, DP is probably not the best case study.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "How in the hell do I get these unruly people to fall in line with the party and lead them into a new Republican era? What in God's name makes these people tick?"

If so, DP is probably not the best case study.
    Not the best case study indeed, the DP has a bias against taking over the GOP. If this is where he gets his information, then whats his worry?

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Not the best case study indeed, the DP has a bias against taking over the GOP. If this is where he gets his information, then whats his worry?
    For real but I wonder what their core preference of activism is over there at DP. And, as to whether or not they actually rate its effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    For real but I wonder what their core preference of activism is over there at DP. And, as to whether or not they actually rate its effectiveness.
    As far as I can tell, they want to use Ron Paul as the Ronald Reagan of the L party, and invoke his name often.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post

Reposting old stuff from infowars and GLP, and up/downvoting each others' comments.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    I don't think that is accurate. I think the prevailing idea over there was to do precisely that, but methods being used aren't popular. There are some there who never wanted to and are coming into their own, of course.

I don't think that is accurate. I think the prevailing idea over there was to do precisely that, but methods being used aren't popular. There are some there who never wanted to and are coming into their own, of course.
    I think it is accurate. The majority argue either that it can not be done and you are delusional for suggesting it, or that if you try you will become one of them and never be able to wipe the stench off of yourself.

The GOP is a doing a helluva job of co-opting and assimilating us. This nice little scripted Q and A is just another example of that. This little tactic of Reince's is probably going to work, because it seems like people on here have very short memories.
    Last edited by Dystopian; 01-27-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    The GOP is a doing a helluva job of co-opting and assimilating us. This nice little scripted Q and A is just another example of that. This little tactic of Reince's is probably going to work, because it seems like people on here have very short memories.
    scripted? have you gone to the channel of the guy that made this video?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    scripted? have you gone to the channel of the guy that made this video?
    LMAO I know Chuck personally, and any talk of controlled opposition is delusional at best.

LMAO I know Chuck personally, and any talk of controlled opposition is delusional at best.
    Seconded. The guy is a liberty activist to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    You're goddamn right about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

$#@! that piece of $#@!. I didn't even watch the video, I've heard enough of his BS lies. IMO this proves our power, don't let them take control of it.

Wan't to know why he reads DP? "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

His body language when he said "Daily Paul" was a bit interesting. Anyone else notice that?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    His body language when he said "Daily Paul" was a bit interesting. Anyone else notice that?
    I'm no body language expert, but it seemed to me like he was either embarrassed or lying. Probably lying.
    I can vote now and I'm voting for Rand!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast