Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Next Boom - America is Back

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    From the Williams link:

50% (or higher) monthly inflation by the end of next year, eh?
    That's some boom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the Williams link:

50% (or higher) monthly inflation by the end of next year, eh?
    Milk & gasoline are probably 100 % more than five years ago, I would expect to see the same again in the near future with beef , chicken , bacon , milk etc , just my guess ....
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Gold is also traded in a global market. Has industrial uses for gold soared to drive the price up or is the price higher because people simply want to hold more of it- to "speculate" on it?
    I do not think metals are really " speculation " similar to oil , Nat Gas, Heating Oil, I think of it more as lack of faith in the currencies backed by nothing, trying to preserve ....

On the Mercantile today, Cattle Futures, mostly up , Feb. Hogs, up significantly, Soybeans, up . These hold more days than not, I would not look for any serious , long term downward trends , but ,instead the other ....

Let me summarize this thread, I do not believe America is " back" , I do not believe it can even come " back " under the current conditions, and that any, " unlikely " boom will be followed by an even " bigger " bust.Hopefully, I am wrong, doubtful ....

What I expect to see that I believe you Can count on, is more taxes & fees , lower incomes, more unemployment and higher food prices.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Let me summarize this thread, I do not believe America is " back" , I do not believe it can even come " back " under the current conditions, and that any, " unlikely " boom will be followed by an even " bigger " bust.Hopefully, I am wrong, doubtful ....
    Go back to the reservation, you sound un-American.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Truth. I'm reporting him to the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities and Big Sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Uh, Negative Norse Man, I am a Real American, A Great American Patriot. I ask for no handouts, you could bring a few boxes of ammo by though ...

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Truth. I'm reporting him to the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities and Big Sister.
    Those dipshits know nothing of UnAmerican activities,but they should all be put into detention, while I teach them History.....

Those dipshits know nothing of UnAmerican activities,but they should all be put into detention, while I teach them History.....
    I would pay to see that. I might learn something, too. But mostly, I would enjoy the hell out of watching oyarde give 'em what for ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Biggest and best economy in the world.. Make that money while its boomin

Milk & gasoline are probably 100 % more than five years ago, I would expect to see the same again in the near future with beef , chicken , bacon , milk etc , just my guess ....
    Hyperinflation would mean prices doubling in less than two months.

Milk Prices (whole milk) Price chart:

http://future.aae.wisc.edu/data/annu...301?tab=prices

Compared to five years ago, they haven't changed much. Up 40% since 1995. In hyperinflation that would happen in less than one month.

Gasoline prices? Five years ago it was about $2.90 a gallon vs about $3.50 on this chart. Roughly 20% change in five years.
    http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    To follow-up on my worries here.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldne...e_Warning.html
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a gas station I pass when I drive by every weekday morning. Over the weekend, price of gas went up from $3.60 to $3.69. When I drove by this morning, I was shocked to see it was at $3.74. That's a $0.14 increase in less than a week. I've driven by that gas station for at least 5 years, and I can't remember the price changing that much over the course of a few days.
    Rand Paul 2016

I'm stunned. Went by the same gas station today and it's now up to $3.84. That's a $0.24 increase in one week.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    There is a gas station I pass when I drive by every weekday morning. Over the weekend, price of gas went up from $3.60 to $3.69. When I drove by this morning, I was shocked to see it was at $3.74. That's a $0.14 increase in less than a week. I've driven by that gas station for at least 5 years, and I can't remember the price changing that much over the course of a few days.
    My local two , one @ $3.50 today , the other $3.54 , still were tonight ( will not be tomorrow afternoon ) , but every other ( in town & two interchanges/exits ) went from around $3.60 this morning to $3.90 when I got off work .I picked up 18 gallons @ $3.54 on the way home @ the closest , I have two empty cans in the garage , and some full , had I known , I would have thrown them in back of the truck this morning and filled them too . I will be splitting wood this weekend and fertilizing and tilling the garden in a couple weeks .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-16-2013 at 01:02 AM.

The food prices will be worse , I imagine , I would expect summer gas to be $4.25 by Memorial Day weekend, just my guess ....

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    I'm stunned. Went by the same gas station today and it's now up to $3.84. That's a $0.24 increase in one week.
    I regularly see 25 to 40 cent changes upward in a day , then over the course of weeks it goes back down, then abruptly returns , kind of predictive if you study the oil pricing ....

I look for these things to become worse ....

I will go ahead & stick with my hunch , next boom will be prices going up , not wages.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234