Thread: Japanese scientists invent ‘privacy visor’ to fool Google’s facial recognition software

Japanese scientists invent ‘privacy visor’ to fool Google’s facial recognition software

Now they have the principle down, I'm hoping they will develop a version that doesn't make you look like a dork.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/...pg#pid15817610
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice idea. THEY have a solution. Non-government compliant. Cannot be sold. If you have nothing to hide..............

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Now they have the principle down...
    The Japanese are good! Yes they are.

...I'm hoping they will develop a version that doesn't make you look like a dork.
    Well, that part will probably have to come from somewhere other than Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Nice idea. THEY have a solution. Non-government compliant. Cannot be sold. If you have nothing to hide..............
    Felony obstruction.

Felony USC 1001 violation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Do you have that link where it shows all the burnt up traffic cameras (from the UK I think?)? I wanted that for the other thread on the camera breaking game in Berlin...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, that part will probably have to come from somewhere other than Japan.
    Italy, perhaps?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Felony obstruction.

Felony USC 1001 violation.
    Count on it. Off to FEMA with you.....
    "The Patriarch"

Now they have the principle down, I'm hoping they will develop a version that doesn't make you look like a dork.
    I kind of like dorky... where can I order a pair?

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Do you have that link where it shows all the burnt up traffic cameras (from the UK I think?)? I wanted that for the other thread on the camera breaking game in Berlin...
    I looked when posting to that thread, and the site seems to be down.

The UK probably snatched the domain via DNS theft and raided the server.

They had hundreds of pics of destroyed cameras. I'm sure some have been saved elsewhere.

-t

I've been studying computer vision algorithms and their applications for about 7 years now. Currently aviator-sized sunglasses will block any kind of recognition from the kinds of surveillance videos you'd encounter by a private organization and most likely public or state governmental image recognition applications which are probably extremely rare as it is. Perhaps there could be some federally-sponsored pilot programs in select areas where other methods are used that use other areas of your face for descriptors. Both of these methods require extensive and expensive amounts of computing power to scan each frame of high-resolution video and are most commonly only seen in academic or proof-of-concept environments or probably also a federal pilot project in a select few areas. In short, facial recognition is very cost prohibitive and I see no reason why that would change soon.

Unless of course the federal government was able to rack up debt with no concern to costs in the name of defense and security spending. Thank goodness we have a hard and immobile debt ceiling to prevent such waste of funds.
    Last edited by MRK; 01-27-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Low tech..

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    I've been studying computer vision algorithms and their applications for about 7 years now. Currently aviator-sized sunglasses will block any kind of recognition from the kinds of surveillance videos you'd encounter by a private organization and most likely public or state governmental image recognition applications which are probably extremely rare as it is. Perhaps there could be some federally-sponsored pilot programs in select areas where other methods are used that use other areas of your face for descriptors. Both of these methods require extensive and expensive amounts of computing power to scan each frame of high-resolution video and are most commonly only seen in academic or proof-of-concept environments or probably also a federal pilot project in a select few areas. In short, facial recognition is very cost prohibitive and I see no reason why that would change soon.

Unless of course the federal government was able to rack up debt with no concern to costs in the name of defense and security spending. Thank goodness we have a hard and immobile debt ceiling to prevent such waste of funds.
    Will ordinary sunglasses work, provided they fully obscure the eyes?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

These might have worked, but unfortuately, John Lithgow
    was unable to test 'em in the 8th dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Sorry, missed your post, yes...

Here it is: http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

BUT, it's a dead link.

The cameras are called Gatsos in the UK, search that term, you'll get a $#@! load of stories and sites.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nifty invention. Now if they could invent a way to stop radiation from (still) spewing out of Fukashima they might really be on to something.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870