Thread: Cucinelli helps truck driver escape burning rig

Cucinelli helps truck driver escape burning rig

http://blogs.nbc12.com/decisionvirgi...rning-rig.html

It was an interesting afternoon for Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli.

Cuccinelli was on his way back to Richmond on Friday, after a meeting of his Human Trafficking Task Force in Staunton, when he and his driver Cory Chenard noticed a semi-truck with a flatbed trailer carrying a heavy load in front of them with an awful-smelling smoke coming from its rear.
    Read the rest of the story at the above link.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cuccinelli tries to help convicted felon Haynesworth clear his name
    Although he is free, without that official exoneration, Haynesworth remains a convicted sex offender and his photo is on the state sex offender registry. Cuccinelli said he knew it would be tough for Haynesworth to get a job as a convicted felon. So the month after Haynesworth left prison, he put him on the state payroll.

The relationship between the prosecutor and the parolee has surprised some because of the reputation Cuccinelli has cultivated.

“People perceive Cuccinelli as a hard-right figure on a number of issues,” said Mark Rozell, a George Mason University political scientist. “They don’t tend to see him as having a soft side.”

Cuccinelli said he sees no conflict between his support for Haynesworth and his politics. “The proper conservative is careful about the exercise of government power — even judicial power,” he said.

Thomas Haynesworth fully exonerated by Va. appeals court
    It is the first time the state has issued a “writ of actual innocence” in a rape case without the certainty of DNA evidence. Haynesworth, 46, was supported by Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II (R) and two state prosecutors — all of whom concluded that he was mistakenly identified by a rape victim as he walked to a Richmond market for sweet potatoes and bread one February afternoon in 1984.

“It’s a blessing,’’ Haynesworth said as he stood with his attorneys and Cuccinelli. “There are a lot of people behind the scenes who believed in me. Twenty-seven years, I never gave up. I kept pushing. I ain’t give up hope.

“I am very happy. Me and my family can finally put this behind us, and I can go on with my life. And I can finally vote.”
    Last edited by jdcole; 01-26-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Great story. I really like Cucinelli. He's probably my favorite 2013/2014 liberty candidate - a good man who is also extremely intelligent.

Great job Ken Cucinelli! He's a great guy and would be a great governor of Virginia. No wonder Sen. Rand Paul already endorsed him!

Cuccinelli is a star, we need to make sure he's the next governor of VA.

The Democrats are running a very well funded former DNC hack.

We need to get behind Cuccinelli. He's being attacked for his social conservatism (but his stances are exactly the same as Mike Lee's). He's also being attacked for opposing Obamacare too much. There are some factions in the GOP which are not happy with him either (besides establishment, some gun groups feel betrayed). Cuccinelli is presidential material, and it would be good to have one more liberty-oriented candidate for 2016/2020, as well as a governor.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Agreed, that Bolling guy seems like a real tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvincialPeasant View Post
    He's also being attacked for opposing Obamacare too much.
    I didn't know there was such a thing as opposing Obamacare too much!

I don't get why Virginia likes Obamacare so much. 2012 exit polls had it 47% for, 48% against. Ohio was like 40% for 55% opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    I don't get why Virginia likes Obamacare so much. 2012 exit polls had it 47% for, 48% against. Ohio was like 40% for 55% opposed.
    Large numbers of blacks who support it because Obama is president. Also, a lot of liberal whites in the north.