Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Hotair: Rand Paul differentiates foreign policy from his father’s brand

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I have stated before I think killing scientists IS an act of war. No questions asked. I also think cyber attacks are an act of war.
    Good. So should Iran retaliate and strike Israel tomorrow, you would not object? (What I mean is that Iran retaliating against Israel is justifiable (and predictable) since Israel has been doing what they shouldn't have been doing for quite some time now, hand in the cookie jar and all that- Which would lead me to my next question of why haven't they?) I would also assume that you would agree that since Israel (a sovereign nation) has committed an act of war against Iran (a sovereign nation) that the United States should have no part in it whatsoever. Especially no military support, amirite?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    im confused why we went into iraq................................
    You could make the case that the effects of sanctions came full circle and brought us to Iraq. I wouldn't, because I know we would have been there one way or another. Though blaming the Clinton era sanctions as a cause of 9/11 isn't that much of a stretch. And blaming 9/11 for us going into Iraq isn't that much of a stretch.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Good. So should Iran retaliate and strike Israel tomorrow, you would not object? (What I mean is that Iran retaliating against Israel is justifiable (and predictable) since Israel has been doing what they shouldn't have been doing for quite some time now, hand in the cookie jar and all that- Which would lead me to my next question of why haven't they?) I would also assume that you would agree that since Israel (a sovereign nation) has committed an act of war against Iran (a sovereign nation) that the United States should have no part in it whatsoever. Especially no military support, amirite?
    If Israel did it which it has been rumored that they did then yes. However there are just as many rumors that Iran has funded kill operations in Israel. We may have done it as well. It is pretty $#@!ed up.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I was only referring to your use of it as deflection to an unrelated point, to begin with.

Another deflection?
    I didn't bring it up GOT IT?
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    If Israel did it which it has been rumored that they did then yes. However there are just as many rumors that Iran has funded kill operations in Israel. We may have done it as well. It is pretty $#@!ed up.
    Truth. Which is simply why I am stating that should we have been involved in the assassination of scientists (which we probably were, who am I kidding) we should have no more part in it, and should Israel and Iran have something they need to 'discuss' let 'em have at it. We are hindering Israel's progression with providing them a cushion to lean on. They would be much more willing to resolve this if we weren't unconditonally backing them up. This post kind of brings me full circle on why I'm pissed at what Rand said/every other politician says regarding Israel. If they were truly a friend to Israel they would stop financially and militarily supporting her enemies, (as well as her) let her make her own decisions on what is a proper reaction, and not get in the way of resolutions to these problems that will continue to fester lest they are nipped at the bud. Wouldn't ya say?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 01-28-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Truth. Which is simply why I am stating we should we have been involved in the assassination of scientists (which we probably were, who am I kidding) we should have no more part in it, and should Israel and Iran have something they need to 'discuss' let 'em have at it. We are hindering their progression with providing them a cushion to lean on. They would be much more willing to resolve this if we weren't unconditonally backing them up. This post kind of brings me full circle on why I'm pissed at what Rand said/every other politician says regarding Israel. If they were truly a friend to Israel they would stop financially and militarily supporting her enemies, (as well as her) let her make her own decisions on what is a proper reaction, and not get in the way of resolutions to these problems that will continue to fester lest they are nipped at the bud. Wouldn't ya say?
    Basically I agree with you. I don't like what Rand said either however Even if we elected RP our country would pretty much one sidely back Israel if a full scale war broke out. RP would not stop it because he would have to carry out a declaration of war or be impeached, that would be his choices.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    im confused why we went into iraq................................

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Matt, why has Rand been holding meetings lately with neo-conservative foreign policy people?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Matt, why has Rand been holding meetings lately with neo-conservative foreign policy people?

Well the first time he met with Kristol here is what happened:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-Bill-Kristol

But this time I don't know. My guess is that Rand was reaching out again just to make sure they knew he wasn't crazy or a "political isolationist" meaning that he was unwilling to work with others. Knowing Rand the way I do, I would bet that Rand went in there and said something along the lines of 'we have some fundamental disagreements but I'm here to talk about things we can agree on'. This makes it harder for them to fight him during an election since he has reached out to them.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

...to make sure they knew he wasn't **crazy** or a **"political isolationist"**???

WTF...

Hey Josh, why don't you just change the name of this forum to Crazy ol' former political isolationist Ron Paul Forums?

Good luck with that stuff, Matt. I wish you the best.

SMMFH.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Well, almost all I should say. I would say that some house Republicans like Jones, Duncan, and Amash are slightly more non interventionist.
    Amash voted for one set of sanctions (not the 'crippling sanctions' though). He also said he disagreed with Ron Paul on Bin Laden, he thought Obama dealt with Bin Laden appropriately rather than giving him a trial.

Jones may be a non-interventionist now, but was very hawkish in the past. I don't know how someone who voted for war in Iraq can be more non-interventionist than Rand, who opposed it since the beginning.

Amash and Jones are fairly good, but no one is really as perfect on non-interventionism as Dr. Paul himself.
    Last edited by compromise; 01-28-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314