Thread: Called AWB '13 But it's more like the "Second Amendment Violation of the Century."

Called AWB '13 But it's more like the "Second Amendment Violation of the Century."

Feinstein's Gun Control: Ill-Conceived Legislation
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...nd-a-stunt.htm

Gun Control: We really don't want to say it, but we have to because it's true: The Democrats aren't letting a tragedy go to waste — they are pushing a firearms ban on top of the victims of the Newtown shooting.

Led by the once pistol-packing Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the Democrats have put forth legislation that would outlaw more than 150 types of weapons, from rifles to pistols to shotguns.

They are calling it the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013."

But it's more like the "Second Amendment Violation of the Century."

Included in the exhaustive list are all types of AR-15s. As almost everyone breathing now knows, it was the AR-15 which was used in the recent Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo., shootings.

But as almost no one knows, it is nothing more than a scary-looking (to the elitists) semi-automatic hunting rifle that also has a record for successfully being used for personal and family protection.

Also banned are a number of machine pistols and shotguns, among them the Streetsweeper and Striker 12, which, again, have frightening appearances yet chamber the same 12-gauge shells that are used to hunt birds.

The last time Congress rushed a major bill through, America ended up saddled with the nightmare of ObamaCare. Now we have another hastily forged, ill-considered piece of legislation that won't do what its authors promise, which, according to Feinstein, is saving "thousands and thousands of lives."

Did she not read our editorial earlier this month in which we point out that only 323 Americans were killed by rifles in 2011? That the number of rifle homicides is falling? That knives, blunt instruments and the human body itself were responsible for more than nine times as many homicides as rifles in 2011?

Of course not.

Instead, Feinstein, who admitted in 1995 that she "carried a concealed weapon" and was determined that "if somebody was going to try and take me out, I was going to take them with me," is playing to public emotions.

She and her Democratic allies are saying that it's time we did something about useless firearm deaths in America and, by gum, we're doing ... something.

The legislation and its "elaborately staged" news conference — the Washington Post's words, not ours — is, if we might employ a term used by many others, theater. It is a stunt, a cousin of communist show trials and an insult to Americans' intelligence and liberty.

It is a stomach-turning spectacle and a prelude to a deeper crackdown on gun owners. Citizens need to rise up and say, "Not in America. Not now. Not ever."

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not in Texas. Not now. Not ever. Molon Labe.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Wow, considering we had five major Second Amendment Violations of the 20th Century (four STILL operative), that's not looking so shabby.

Wonder when we're going to do something about them......

NFA '34
    GCA '68
    FOPA '86
    BB '93
    AWB '94
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Wow, considering we had five major Second Amendment Violations of the 20th Century (four STILL operative), that's not looking so shabby.

Wonder when we're going to do something about them......

NFA '34
    GCA '68
    FOPA '86
    BB '93
    AWB '94
    The appropriate pushback should be contacting all our reps, and starting a campaign to encourage others to to get some reps to overturn all 4 of those laws. I bet Rand would do it.

The dems would freak if something like that got introduced.

more evil... introduce an amendment to the AWB '13 to overturn those 4 laws. Get that in and the Fiend would vote againt her own bill!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    more evil... introduce an amendment to the AWB '13 to overturn those 4 laws. Get that in and the Fiend would vote againt her own bill!

-t
    "Fine, you can take the semi autos... but we're taking back the full autos."
    I like it.

ETA: how funny would it be to have the BATF chasing people down for having an illegal conversion to make their full auto only fire semi....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

The Bill would exempt weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel.

Two classes in America. The political ruling class and their personal army and the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Not in Texas. Not now. Not ever. Molon Labe.
    This will not be tolerated in Texas. It will be nullified law or it will get ugly.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    "Fine, you can take the semi autos... but we're taking back the full autos."
    I like it.

ETA: how funny would it be to have the BATF chasing people down for having an illegal conversion to make their full auto only fire semi....
    LOL - that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The Bill would exempt weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel.

Two classes in America. The political ruling class and their personal army and the rest of us.
    You know how some countries will sell diplomatic passports? I can sooo see some sheriffs selling deputy positions, and better yet, some of the totally awesome sheriffs just deputizing every man, woman and child in his county!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL - that would be awesome!

You know how some countries will sell diplomatic passports? I can sooo see some sheriffs selling deputy positions, and better yet, some of the totally awesome sheriffs just deputizing every man, woman and child in his county!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

-t
    That is an interesting idea.

Instead, Feinstein, who admitted in 1995 that she "carried a concealed weapon" and was determined that "if somebody was going to try and take me out, I was going to take them with me," is playing to public emotions.
    -t
    This is exactly the problem, she does not even understands the basics of self defense and this statement shows her flawed logic. Her statement, although very old, reveals that she views self defense as a tool for revenge instead of keeping herself out of harms way. Her view is very shortsighted as the aim of self defense never was and never should be to 'kill'. It can only be used in the protection of innocent life.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 01-25-2013 at 09:22 AM.