Thread: Mercury Levels in drinking water

Mercury Levels in drinking water

A neighboring town has warned residents that there is an elevated mercury level in their water supply. The accepted level is .002 PPM and the towns water tested this morning at .0038 PPM. How dangerous is it at that level? I really don't know much about it but my curiosity is piqued. Especially because now people are already all over Facebook with symptoms of mercury poisoning, what appears to be a lot of misinformation, threats to sue, people expecting the government to buy them drinking water... Typical victim mentality.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You really asked that question here?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You really asked that question here?
    Haha. Yes, yes I did. I just don't know much about metal poisoning and because its only 20 miles away I'm curious.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Unless my math fails me, .002 PPM is 2 Parts Per TRILLION

.0038 would be 3.8 PPT.

Here is a link to a .pdf listing contaminant levels allowed in public drinking water supplies.

http://www.dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dp...s/odwccrrc.pdf

According to that, mercury above .002 could cause kidney problems over the long term.

Honestly, at the level, it is naturally occurring in ground water and if it were me, nothing I would be overly concerned about.

I'd be more concerned about man made organic chemicals from run off or other pollutants that are known to be carcinogenic or teratogenic, even in small doses.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-25-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Ingesting mercury is not the same as having it injected into your blood system. I would be more concerned about getting the flu vaccine which has 100 times more mercury in it than government has published as being bad.

How much Mercury is Safe?

The EPA states that a safe level of mercury in drinking water is .002 MG/L (2000 nanograms/L).3
    If this is true, then the save level in half a milliliter would be 5,000 times less because .5 milliliters is 5,000 times less than one liter (there are 5,000 half milliliters in one liter).

By this measure, a safe mercury level in the vaccine should be .4 nanograms or .0004 micrograms.

But the manufacturer’s own product insert states the vaccine contains 25 micrograms of mercury per injection.4 That is 62,500 times the safe level for drinking water.

EPA studies show that only between 5 and 10% of ingested mercury (eating fish) is passed through the body and into the blood.1 Mercury in the blood is especially dangerous because it can be absorbed into the immune cells. Immune cells will become dysfunctional losing secretion capability, ability to eat invaders, and mobility. Repeated exposure can lead to overgrowths of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, and yeast, leading to chronic conditions

But keep in mind, the vaccine’s mercury is not ingested like drinking water or fish...its injected.
    http://www.activistpost.com/2011/10/...250-times.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

At parts per trillion you can find everything in water. Or food or anything else.